Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byard can't talk, he's taken this season off..trashass

Perhaps there is a deeper reason that Byard has been off this season.

Even Butler last week in an interview said they play better and stronger when in man coverage, and then this week a lot more of playing off the receiver.

Loosing Pees and Coombs was a lot bigger than all of us expected.

Funny we looked and played better against Indy, press coverage and man and blitzing. So this week we go back to what has not worked zone and soft coverage with huge cushions and not blitzing. One would think you would go with what worked and not go back to what has been getting you torched.

We have really missed Dean Peas

This is an article from over a month ago on the Titans D:
Titans: Mike Vrabel, Bill Belichick struggled to replace Dean Pees

Basically, it says that when Pees left the Patriots over a decade ago and Belicheck didn't replace him, the Patriots D was horrible on third down.

After yesterday's chitshow, I was wondering if the Titans D needed to be simplified. Communication has been an issue and there's a lot of changes week-to-week due to injuries. Maybe a more basic approach gets everyone on the same page so the focus is more on execution and not as much on assignment.

But it appears the Pees scheme was the opposite. It was more complex which allowed for more changes week-to-week and even during games without the assignment issues we've seen most of this season. It allowed for more "freelancing" but, to be fair, it took a couple of seasons before the Titans D was comfortable enough in his scheme to play loose and fast.

I do think having injuries and new players in the mix has played a role but I also think the defense misses some of the skills and leadership Logan Ryan possessed (especially his ability to blitz). Both Woodyard and Casey were captains so I can see how, even though both had declining skills, no longer having their leadership is having a negative impact as well.

The one thing I think that can have the most impact the rest of this season is for Byard to return to form. He's regressed more than anyone this season and, if he can get right, there's some hope the Titans D can turn things around and get the defense headed in the right direction before the playoffs.

I don't expect the Titans D to become anything more than average at best but getting turnovers covers a lot of deficiencies.

I responded to a post in the thread after the Colts game... and boy was it accurate, sadly.

I erased original poster...

View attachment 18041

i don't remember the poster, but one guy was knocking on the people who were cynical about the game beforehand.. something something fake fans

nah.. that's seasoned fans

alot saw this coming a mile away because it's so predictable

Defense had little to do with that. Browns took their foot off the gas like the Titans did last week against the Colts.

When the Browns needed to kill clock, they did so. They had a 7 min drive in the Fourth Quarter

Not so fast.... the 7 minute drive came after the turnover. To that point the Browns weren’t just running the ball. They were throwing, but they weren’t in a prevent defense. The Titans didn’t quit. Give them that. But it was that the Browns just quit trying.
i don't remember the poster, but one guy was knocking on the people who were cynical about the game beforehand.. something something fake fans

nah.. that's seasoned fans

alot saw this coming a mile away because it's so predictable

You both know who it was. It’s cool. I’m a grown man I can take it. You can call me out by name. I would prefer that to this attempt at shaming me but pretending not to know my name. I was wrong about the game. Doesn’t mean I was wrong about the Teams. I stand by my opinion. I also stand by my opinion on fans who product based on history. You have a losers mentality.

Next time just be a man and call me out by name.

Not so fast.... the 7 minute drive came after the turnover. To that point the Browns weren’t just running the ball. They were throwing, but they weren’t in a prevent defense. The Titans didn’t quit. Give them that. But it was that the Browns just quit trying.

You both know who it was. It’s cool. I’m a grown man I can take it. You can call me out by name. I would prefer that to this attempt at shaming me but pretending not to know my name. I was wrong about the game. Doesn’t mean I was wrong about the Teams. I stand by my opinion. I also stand by my opinion on fans who product based on history. You have a losers mentality.

Next time just be a man and call me out by name.
I literally didn't remember who posted it, settle down

I’m here and have been eating that crow since 3:30.

I’m here and eating my crow. Been eating all day. I was wrong today. But you must now admit you are wrong. There is no combination next week that can knock the Titans out of the playoffs. Even with a loss to the Jags and a win by the Colts. It takes 2 losses and other things to happen. It’s not as simple as 1 week away from being out.

You literally say there’s no combination and then list the combinations lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back