Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what Vrabes said today, I have no doubt they will pull every f'ing thing possible out of the hat this weekend to beat the Jags.

Should probably start rooting for the Jags when they leave, they’ll get to root for the #1 overall pick almost every year.

I want my team to get better. Winning this week with a QB that won't be here in 2024 isn't helping this team win future games. It's just not. The ONLY thing winning this weeks stands to do is make some fans marginally happy for a day. Meanwhile, we drop draft positions, potentially taking us out of the running for Fashanu, Alt, or MHII.

I want my team to get better. Winning this week with a QB that won't be here in 2024 isn't helping this team win future games. It's just not. The ONLY thing winning this weeks stands to do is make some fans marginally happy for a day. Meanwhile, we drop draft positions, potentially taking us out of the running for Fashanu, Alt, or MHII.
Position. No “s”. Worst titans can do is drop from 7 to 8. Winning does nothing to hurt the draft.
Losing, and needing A LOT of help can only move titans up to 4. The difference between 4 and 8 must be staggering for the tank-bots.

I’ll assume all the think tankers are all in on Alt, Fashunu, or MHJ as the future HoF and no other players in the first are worth a s**t? Must be the mentality, no other explanation to root for “your team” to lose.

Position. No “s”. Worst titans can do is drop from 7 to 8. Winning does nothing to hurt the draft.
Losing, and needing A LOT of help can only move titans up to 4. The difference between 4 and 8 must be staggering for the tank-bots.

I’ll assume all the think tankers are all in on Alt, Fashunu, or MHJ as the future HoF and no other players in the first are worth a s**t? Must be the mentality, no other explanation to root for “your team” to lose.
hate to break it to you but if we kick out one rival from the playoffs, it just puts our other rival in.

so what do we gain? nothing. and clearly moving DOWN a draft position is a negative, whether you choose to admit it or not.

we can't even say "itll be good for the team to get the reps" because basically all the guys that stand to benefit wont because the qb of the future is out and over half this roster is getting flipped anyways.

I just don’t understand your obsession with this issue. I mean you are completely obsessed with it.

It’s not just draft position in the 1st round. It affects the entire draft. It increases your draft value.

You either don’t understand it or just refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Having said that…. I’m fine with a win Sunday. It doesn’t really matter at this point. 7 or 8. But I don’t want the Texans to get in. I don’t care about the Jags. I ain’t mad at them. I don’t want Levis hurt.

But no one, no one that I have seen has proclaimed your silly GOAT speak. No one has claimed we would be getting the greatest of all time. We could get a bust, which happens a lot in football and to the Titans lately.

But I would rather draft in the top 10 that 15-20

I just don’t understand your obsession with this issue. I mean you are completely obsessed with it.

It’s not just draft position in the 1st round. It affects the entire draft. It increases your draft value.

You either don’t understand it or just refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Having said that…. I’m fine with a win Sunday. It doesn’t really matter at this point. 7 or 8. But I don’t want the Texans to get in. I don’t care about the Jags. I ain’t mad at them. I don’t want Levis hurt.

But no one, no one that I have seen has proclaimed your silly GOAT speak. No one has claimed we would be getting the greatest of all time. We could get a bust, which happens a lot in football and to the Titans lately.

But I would rather draft in the top 10 that 15-20
2 way street brother. Those that really want to lose for a “better” pick prove themselves fake fans while cheering for losses.

the fact that “tanking” is a proven failure strategy is one thing.
There are people hoping to lose for a better number with no actual name in mind, even then, it totally dismissed the GM and his ability to draft whenever.
Titans have gotten what player of quality in the last 5 years of drafting? Skoronski?
If Ran drafts players that can play, earn starting positions, no one will care where they were drafted. If he’s a GM worth anything, he will be able to draft those quality players from wherever he drafts. Especially in this case, there is almost no difference between the potential draft positions the Titans will have. 4 to 8 is not significant.

And I’m not sure you understand sarcasm. Of course GOAT is not the suggestion that the greatest ever will be drafted but some really feel that getting a top 5 pick means that’s that case vs getting anything outside that top 5 is just a waste.

No, we are guaranteed no lower than 8th. We could potentially move as high as 3. That's a pretty substantial difference. But even the drop from 7th to 8th could be the difference in getting Fashanu/Alt and not.

MHII, Fashanu, and Alt are by far and away the top players at their positions and just so happen to be our biggest needs going into the draft. So yeah, I would say the importance of landing 1 of those 3 is pretty big.

If draft positions don't matter, then why does it cost so much to move from 1 position to the next?
Why teams hoard draft and then trade them away to move up 3 spots? I mean you can find stars anywhere in the draft right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want us to win and stay at 7 or 8. That way fans won’t cry when Alt and Fashanu are gone and we TRADE BACK to add more picks. We are NOT one player away. If we could trade back and add a 2nd or a 3rd and a late pick or two that would be ideal IMO. We need volume.

hate to break it to you but if we kick out one rival from the playoffs, it just puts our other rival in.

so what do we gain? nothing. and clearly moving DOWN a draft position is a negative, whether you choose to admit it or not.

we can't even say "itll be good for the team to get the reps" because basically all the guys that stand to benefit wont because the qb of the future is out and over half this roster is getting flipped anyways.

Exactly.

2 way street brother. Those that really want to lose for a “better” pick prove themselves fake fans while cheering for losses.

There are people hoping to lose for a better number with no actual name in mind, even then, it totally dismissed the GM and his ability to draft whenever.
Titans have gotten what player of quality in the last 5 years of drafting? Skoronski?
If Ran drafts players that can play, earn starting positions, no one will care where they were drafted. If he’s a GM worth anything, he will be able to draft those quality players from wherever he drafts. Especially in this case, there is almost no difference between the potential draft positions the Titans will have. 4 to 8 is not significant.

And I’m not sure you understand sarcasm. Of course GOAT is not the suggestion that the greatest ever will be drafted but some really feel that getting a top 5 pick means that’s that case vs getting anything outside that top 5 is just a waste.

"Fake fans", LMAO!

Yes, because I want my team to get better in the future I am fake fan. LMAO.

Sometimes you have to cut off the foot to save the leg. That's what we're talking about here. It isn't pleasant. No one wants to do it. But in the long run, we will be better for it.

I want us to win and stay at 7 or 8. That way fans won’t cry when Alt and Fashanu are gone and we TRADE BACK to add more picks. We are NOT one player away. If we could trade back and add a 2nd or a 3rd and a late pick or two that would be ideal IMO. We need volume.

You're taking more shots, but at riskier picks. If you have a shot a legit premiere talent, you take it. There haven't been many truly elite T prospects come out in recent years. Penei Sewell is probably the last one. Before that it was 2016 with Stanley, Conklin, and Tunsil. If this weren't such a great year at QB, Fashanu or Alt would have a legitimate shot at being taken No. 1 overall.

But even if you thought trading back was the better plan, the higher the pick you have, the better return you are going to get for that pick.

There is absolutely no proof that drafting higher or tanking as you put it is a proven failure. In fact the stats say different. The higher your pick the greater chance of failure is what the stats say. It’s your opinion that it’s a failure.

What’s does winning 1 game accomplish? If you think this team is tanking then you are assuming it’s better than it is. Which is catastrophically wrong. A fan wanting a low draft pick isn’t being a loser, also your opinion.

This team needs to rebuild. Ground up. Looks like we might have a QB. We have a few pieces. We need more top end talent. You get that by drafting. If we have the 3rd pick and someone wants to move up to get a QB we can trade back. We get more picks. Etc etc etc.

No, we are guaranteed no lower than 8th. We could potentially move as high as 3. That's a pretty substantial difference. But even the drop from 7th to 8th could be the difference in getting Fashanu/Alt and not.

MHII, Fashanu, and Alt are by far and away the top players at their positions and just so happen to be our biggest needs going into the draft. So yeah, I would say the importance of landing 1 of those 3 is pretty big.

If draft positions don't matter, then why does it cost so much to move from 1 position to the next?
Why teams hoard draft and then trade them away to move up 3 spots? I mean you can find stars anywhere in the draft right?
You’re right on the last part, clearly there are projected stars in the NFL which is why the old value chart exists.
My point is that there is not a lack of coincidence that the same teams keep picking top 5 and the same teams keep getting near the bottom 5. That is proof that just getting a lower pick doesn’t guarantee anything and that not picking top 5 is plenty capable of drafting quality players over and over and over.

the idea of tanking for specific players has never been proven to work outside maybe the argument of coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back