Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh now i wanted to lose at 3-4? just more made up nonsense from you
It’s a ballpark guess. If you think I took inventory of the exact date each of the fake fans turned on the titans and wanted to lose, then I guess you thought I cared more than I do about your position.

Yep.
It’s not the NBA.
Rooting for the team to lose is fake fan s**t.

Ran should just pick a quality contributor even if it’s at #8 (every round).

Is there somewhere I can pick up some of that "real fan" gear? Do they look different the Titans gear I own?

I root for whatever scenario helps my team. Winning a pointless game in week 18 is not one of those scenarios. In fact I've yet to see anyone post any way whatsoever that a win this week helps the franchise. The only thing I see is a bunch of butt hurt cry babies that can't handle the ugly truth.

They do and I’ve posted the proof multiple times.

Cinci
Washington
Detroit
Giants
Miami

Jags
Jets
49ers
Falcons
Bengals

Jags
Detroit
Texans
Jets
Giants

Panthers
Texans
Texans
Colts
Seahawks

So there is the last 4 drafts top 5. By your theory those teams are all the same and still suck and aren’t successful. Getting top draft picks in ever round for all 4 of those drafts.

Which teams are there every year and don’t get better after top 5 picks and will be top 5 again this season? Which ones? You are just wrong. It’s not the same teams and most teams do have success after drafting low.

Let see where the line moves to now.

Is there somewhere I can pick up some of that "real fan" gear? Do they look different the Titans gear I own?

I root for whatever scenario helps my team. Winning a pointless game in week 18 is not one of those scenarios. In fact I've yet to see anyone post any way whatsoever that a win this week helps the franchise. The only thing I see is a bunch of butt hurt cry babies that can't handle the ugly truth.
If someone wanted to argue the point about winning the final game of the season can help the locker room for the players going into next season, super.

I think the real point is that winning or losing the last game has almost a net value of zero. The overdramatic think super draft selection comes at some imaginary specific point in the draft and once that point is reached, it’s a lost cause.

It really doesn’t hurt either to win.

obviously division rivalry means nothing for you either.
Herman Edwards still said it best “you play to win the game”

we could even go further an make the argument that it hurts Jax (and maybe another south team) by winning. They racked up all those Ws to just slide down the draft pick order for ZERO playoff opportunity, using your mentality of course.
That’s what rivalry is about and yes, watching the Tarp kitties and potentially the ponies or cows sit at home no different than Tennessee, does bring me joy.

Cinci
Washington
Detroit
Giants
Miami

Jags
Jets
49ers
Falcons
Bengals

Jags
Detroit
Texans
Jets
Giants

Panthers
Texans
Texans
Colts
Seahawks

So there is the last 4 drafts top 5. By your theory those teams are all the same and still suck and aren’t successful. Getting top draft picks in ever round for all 4 of those drafts.

Which teams are there every year and don’t get better after top 5 picks and will be top 5 again this season? Which ones? You are just wrong. It’s not the same teams and most teams do have success after drafting low.

Let see where the line moves to now.
Glad you bother to A) keep going and B) even bother to figure out the team that owned the pick and traded out of it.

Jets and Jags are both good football teams. Losing your HOF QB kinda hurts.

But neither team is drafting in the top 5 this season.

Try again child.
Sure, good teams.
Jags got GOAT QB that had them in full 4 game losing streak form before their backup came in to beat the mighty panthers and get them ready for possible playoffs.
And jets clearly drafted Aaron Rodgers well with all those top 5 picks.

Yep.
It’s not the NBA.
Rooting for the team to lose is fake fan s**t.

Ran should just pick a quality contributor even if it’s at #8 (every round).
You really need to stop with this "rooting for your team to lose" stuff...the fake fans as you call them may want a higher draft pick so this team can improve with an infusion of talent more than they want the team to lose (not saying there's no talent in mid or bottom of first) but doesn't that make them real fans?

I agree it's Ran's job to find talent regardless but I want a Joe Thomas more than a Panda at OT.

And I'm curious to see what Ran does with a higher pick...like @TitanMark pointed out it's a higher pick throughout the draft...lessens the need to trade up, as this team has many holes to fill...we need draft capital

You really need to stop with this "rooting for your team to lose" stuff...the fake fans as you call them may want a higher draft pick so this team can improve with an infusion of talent more than they want the team to lose (not saying there's no talent in mid or bottom of first) but doesn't that make them real fans?

I agree it's Ran's job to find talent regardless but I want a Joe Thomas more than a Panda at OT.

And I'm curious to see what Ran does with a higher pick...like @TitanMark pointed out it's a higher pick throughout the draft...lessens the need to trade up, as this team has many holes to fill...we need draft capital
At this point, the draft pick doesn’t move with a win (1 spot IF jets lose AND no one else at 5 wins wins)
And a loss likely doesn’t move them down, again unless a bunch of bad teams win games.

and at that point, I’d guess we all have to agree that really no team is into tanking and they all are of the same mindset that you play to win.

probably should not have wasted draft capital on a geriatric K then... just sayin'

If someone wanted to argue the point about winning the final game of the season can help the locker room for the players going into next season, super.

I think the real point is that winning or losing the last game has almost a net value of zero. The overdramatic think super draft selection comes at some imaginary specific point in the draft and once that point is reached, it’s a lost cause.

It really doesn’t hurt either to win.

obviously division rivalry means nothing for you either.
Herman Edwards still said it best “you play to win the game”

we could even go further an make the argument that it hurts Jax (and maybe another south team) by winning. They racked up all those Ws to just slide down the draft pick order for ZERO playoff opportunity, using your mentality of course.
That’s what rivalry is about and yes, watching the Tarp kitties and potentially the ponies or cows sit at home no different than Tennessee, does bring me joy.

Except that is proven to be false. We know where the best players are normally drafted. The stats bear that out.

Division rivalry is meaningless when we have nothing left to play for. Would playing the Lions instead of the Jags have any less meaning?

They do and I’ve posted the proof multiple times.

Picking consistently in the top 5 is a sign you're team is bad at judging talent. We were that way for most of the 2010's. That has no bearing on the FACT that you are far more likely to find a franchise caliber player the higher you pick in the draft.

Picking consistently in the top 5 is a sign you're team is bad at judging talent. We were that way for most of the 2010's. That has no bearing on the FACT that you are far more likely to find a franchise caliber player the higher you pick in the draft.

1. Clowney.
5. Khalil Mack

1. Sam Bradford
4. Trent Williams

1. JaMarcus Russell
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Joe Thomas
7. Adrian Peterson
14. Darrelle Revis

1. Tim Couch
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Akili Smith
4. Edge James
5. Ricky Williams
7. Champ Bailey
16. Jevon Kearse

1. Ki-Jana Carter
2. Tony Boselli
3. Steve McNair
6. Kevin Carter
12. Warren Sapp

Hopefully this is enough evidence to at least dispute the notion that the 'higher pick' is always the 'better pick.' There were plenty of other examples, these were just the ones in hindsight I found to be particularly egregious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back