Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ We're going to go 0-6 in the division for the Guard of your dreams.
Tanking for Guards let's go Baby !!!

Tanking fans ...

No one is drafting a guard. But guess what. We need good guards also.

Who gives a fuck about 0-6 in the division. We are going to be 5-12. Does 1-5 in the division make you feel better? Give you swag at the water cooler on Monday?

What the fuck is the difference? The past 2 seasons sucked. Get over it.

I want my team to get better. Winning this week with a QB that won't be here in 2024 isn't helping this team win future games. It's just not. The ONLY thing winning this weeks stands to do is make some fans marginally happy for a day. Meanwhile, we drop draft positions, potentially taking us out of the running for Fashanu, Alt, or MHII.
tanking tankers tank

You’re right on the last part, clearly there are projected stars in the NFL which is why the old value chart exists.
My point is that there is not a lack of coincidence that the same teams keep picking top 5 and the same teams keep getting near the bottom 5. That is proof that just getting a lower pick doesn’t guarantee anything and that not picking top 5 is plenty capable of drafting quality players over and over and over.

the idea of tanking for specific players has never been proven to work outside maybe the argument of coincidence.

But that’s just not true. The same teams don’t keep drafting in the top 5. You are making that up.

There is absolute proof that the lower the pick the more chance for success. It’s goes back decades.

That this team or that team screwed it up has no reflection on the pick. It’s a team game. Not a 1 pick equals success thing.

I just don’t understand your obsession with this issue. I mean you are completely obsessed with it.

It’s not just draft position in the 1st round. It affects the entire draft. It increases your draft value.

You either don’t understand it or just refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Having said that…. I’m fine with a win Sunday. It doesn’t really matter at this point. 7 or 8. But I don’t want the Texans to get in. I don’t care about the Jags. I ain’t mad at them. I don’t want Levis hurt.

But no one, no one that I have seen has proclaimed your silly GOAT speak. No one has claimed we would be getting the greatest of all time. We could get a bust, which happens a lot in football and to the Titans lately.

But I would rather draft in the top 10 that 15-20
would RATHER go 3-13 than 9-8 and just miss POs

beyond stupid

"Fake fans", LMAO!

Yes, because I want my team to get better in the future I am fake fan. LMAO.

Sometimes you have to cut off the foot to save the leg. That's what we're talking about here. It isn't pleasant. No one wants to do it. But in the long run, we will be better for it.
Yep.
It’s not the NBA.
Rooting for the team to lose is fake fan s**t.

Ran should just pick a quality contributor even if it’s at #8 (every round).

Children child child
it wrongly you did
baby-yoda-old-yoda-1574103229.jpg

No one is drafting a guard. But guess what. We need good guards also.

Who gives a **** about 0-6 in the division. We are going to be 5-12. Does 1-5 in the division make you feel better? Give you swag at the water cooler on Monday?

What the **** is the difference? The past 2 seasons sucked. Get over it.
Ran drafted a G last year

hate to break it to you but if we kick out one rival from the playoffs, it just puts our other rival in.

so what do we gain? nothing. and clearly moving DOWN a draft position is a negative, whether you choose to admit it or not.

we can't even say "itll be good for the team to get the reps" because basically all the guys that stand to benefit wont because the qb of the future is out and over half this roster is getting flipped anyways.
With a win, chance to knock out 2 is there.
Yes, someone from the South has to go to the playoffs.

If we win, I will be irritated that we lose draft position. If we lose, I will be irritated that we played bad.
Because it's really not about either of those things. It's about being in this situation AT ALL after spending those years in purgatory and seemingly finally digging our way out. I want to be a fan of a competent organization that builds a dynasty team, But will settle for just a competent organization.

But that’s just not true. The same teams don’t keep drafting in the top 5. You are making that up.

There is absolute proof that the lower the pick the more chance for success. It’s goes back decades.

That this team or that team screwed it up has no reflection on the pick. It’s a team game. Not a 1 pick equals success thing.
They do and I’ve posted the proof multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back