Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that is proven to be false. We know where the best players are normally drafted. The stats bear that out.

Division rivalry is meaningless when we have nothing left to play for. Would playing the Lions instead of the Jags have any less meaning?
Throw your stats out there then.

yes, against the lions would have less meaning and it would also have less impact on the rest of the NFL which is why they schedule rivalry games at the end of the season, just 1 more way the schedule makers try to prevent NBA tank talk.

probably should not have wasted draft capital on a geriatric K then... just sayin'
A 7th rounder lol...kickers get drafted in the 7th and the rookie kicker everyone wanted (Moody) struggled at times ..Folk hasn't been terrible, we have bigger issues than our kicker

No one is drafting a guard. But guess what. We need good guards also.

Who gives a **** about 0-6 in the division. We are going to be 5-12. Does 1-5 in the division make you feel better? Give you swag at the water cooler on Monday?

What the **** is the difference? The past 2 seasons sucked. Get over it.
I give a shit

1. Clowney.
5. Khalil Mack

1. Sam Bradford
4. Trent Williams

1. JaMarcus Russell
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Joe Thomas
7. Adrian Peterson
14. Darrelle Revis

1. Tim Couch
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Akili Smith
4. Edge James
5. Ricky Williams
7. Champ Bailey
16. Jevon Kearse

1. Ki-Jana Carter
2. Tony Boselli
3. Steve McNair
6. Kevin Carter
12. Warren Sapp

Hopefully this is enough evidence to at least dispute the notion that the 'higher pick' is always the 'better pick.' There were plenty of other examples, these were just the ones in hindsight I found to be particularly egregious.

That's nice anecdotal evidence. Now lets look at the actual evidence shall we?

From 2000-2019 the likelihood of any player drafted in the top 5 to have multiple pro-bowl seasons is right at 50%. Move that to numbers 6-10 and the likelihood drops to 33%. You don't want to see the numbers for the rest of the 1st round.

If you don't like Pro-Bowl, then you can go by AP selections. They are also more prevalent in players drafted 1-5, but obviously the % is much lower since there are fewer AP selections than there are PB selections.

The FACT is that you are far more likely to find a franchise type of player in the first 5 picks than anywhere else in the draft.

Throw your stats out there then.

yes, against the lions would have less meaning and it would also have less impact on the rest of the NFL which is why they schedule rivalry games at the end of the season, just 1 more way the schedule makers try to prevent NBA tank talk.
Just did, See the post above this one.

how's that boycott going "real fan"?
going great .... I have not spent anything on or with Titans in years

going to game sunday... Titcket free from PSL buddy

probably gonna be my last game ever though... Titans have driven away the last of my PSL buddies. They both saying they are not renewing

That's nice anecdotal evidence. Now lets look at the actual evidence shall we?

From 2000-2019 the likelihood of any player drafted in the top 5 to have multiple pro-bowl seasons is right at 50%. Move that to numbers 6-10 and the likelihood drops to 33%. You don't want to see the numbers for the rest of the 1st round.

If you don't like Pro-Bowl, then you can go by AP selections. They are also more prevalent in players drafted 1-5, but obviously the % is much lower since there are fewer AP selections than there are PB selections.

The FACT is that you are far more likely to find a franchise type of player in the first 5 picks than anywhere else in the draft.
pro bowl - LOL

pro bowl - LOL

Provide a better barometer then. Aside from going over every single top 10 pick over that time and quantifying them as a good player or mediocre/bad player (which I am not doing) then PBs seem like the best barometer.

We can use AP selections, but the %' on those are a lot smaller due to the # of actual AP selections being low. But even using that, you are still more likely to find an AP in the Top 5 than 6-10

calls people fake fans, prides himself on not supporting the team...

and then

"the boycott is going great, im going to the game sunday!"

Last edited by a moderator:

probably gonna be my last game ever though... Titans have driven away the last of my PSL buddies. They both saying they are not renewing
Fake fan

I don't understand why people just don't get it.

Lower the pick higher the value on picks.

Winning this game means nothing in the big picture.

It's simple math I just don't understanding why people are so dumb.

I don't understand why people just don't get it.

Lower the pick higher the value on picks.

Winning this game means nothing in the big picture.

It's simple math I just don't understanding why people are so dumb.

At the end of the day, they're low-key wanting us to lose for the better draft pick. Don't let them fool you.

Provide a better barometer then. Aside from going over every single top 10 pick over that time and quantifying them as a good player or mediocre/bad player (which I am not doing) then PBs seem like the best barometer.

We can use AP selections, but the %' on those are a lot smaller due to the # of actual AP selections being low. But even using that, you are still more likely to find an AP in the Top 5 than 6-10
arm length... the only true measure of a football player

@Ontario Titan @VondyP

losing losers lose

fake fans

LOL

elastinen-kymppikausi.gif

At the end of the day, they're low-key wanting us to lose for the better draft pick. Don't let them fool you.
H5 and Cheers grubbers

When we pick at 8 and the guys we wanted go at 5,6,7 or some team trades up ahead of us....everyone will be b*tching about winning a meaningless game in week 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back