Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Titans under the microscope, you would think that yesterday they were probably going beyond the new covid protocols to avoid any screw ups. (I can imagine mask compliance was at an all time high, for example)

Probably why the NFL hasnt announced anything with the Bills/Titans game yet. This latest test could still be at the tail end of the initial outbreak and may be able to be contained to just the coach.

With the Titans under the microscope, you would think that yesterday they were probably going beyond the new covid protocols to avoid any screw ups. (I can imagine mask compliance was at an all time high, for example)

Probably why the NFL hasnt announced anything with the Bills/Titans game yet. This latest test could still be at the tail end of the initial outbreak and may be able to be contained to just the coach.
As frustrated as the fans are, the players are probably beyond done with the s**t by now. I’ve had to do the same crap and as the rules change, then specific details don’t make sense, it gets ridiculous to bother.

I feel for them now. NFL needs to find a way to get that game played.

As frustrated as the fans are, the players are probably beyond done with the s**t by now. I’ve had to do the same crap and as the rules change, then specific details don’t make sense, it gets ridiculous to bother.

I feel for them now. NFL needs to find a way to get that game played.

Either play it, move it, cancel it.

What the NFL should have done in the first place was play in bubbles, but the owners and players apparently didnt want that. They are paying for their own hubris.

Either play it, move it, cancel it.

What the NFL should have done in the first place was play in bubbles, but the owners and players apparently didnt want that. They are paying for their own hubris.
I don’t think bubbles works for NFL. The next closest comparison for team size alone is baseball at less than half the size.

Factor stadiums and practice. This would be very difficult to plan yet alone city approvals.
-Can’t take the same bubble cities that are already in use
-hotels would be at a max capacity to accommodate all these players,
-how many fields need to be in the local area OR what is the practice scheduling gonna look like
- would need at least 6-7 bubbles (5-6 teams per bubble constantly rotating).

I don’t think bubbles works for NFL. The next closest comparison for team size alone is baseball at less than half the size.

Factor stadiums and practice. This would be very difficult to plan yet alone city approvals.
-how many fields need to be in the local area OR what is the practice scheduling gonna look like
Rosters are 53, what do you think the minimum roster could be to field a NFL team? Then there's the staff ad personnel to be accounted for.

The reason I ask is this is how the NHL did it. Smaller numbers vs NFL for sure

Number of people per team in the NHL bubble & hub cities
Teams were allowed to bring 31 players and as many as 52 people (including ownership, executives, coaches and staff) total to their hub city hotel. Traveling parties will stay together at team hotels, but each person will have their own room and no one can visit another room. Guests will not be allowed inside the NHL hub city bubble until the conference finals in September in Edmonton, where family members can reunite with players

Rosters are 53, what do you think the minimum roster could be to field a NFL team? Then there's the staff ad personnel to be accounted for.

The reason I ask is this is how the NHL did it. Smaller numbers vs NFL for sure

Number of people per team in the NHL bubble & hub cities
Teams were allowed to bring 31 players and as many as 52 people (including ownership, executives, coaches and staff) total to their hub city hotel. Traveling parties will stay together at team hotels, but each person will have their own room and no one can visit another room. Guests will not be allowed inside the NHL hub city bubble until the conference finals in September in Edmonton, where family members can reunite with players
That’s probably pretty close to baseball. I don’t know how many cities they commandeered to have their season and they still had issues.

I’d guess around 80 per NFL team. Min 53 players + 10 or so coaches + those executives and such. Refs have to fit in there somewhere too.

Just wouldn’t work.

When $15b is at stake I'd think they'd be willing to deal with "difficult."

Instead the NFL did what it was always does. "We're the NFL. We know what we're doing. It'll work fine."

When $15b is at stake I'd think they'd be willing to deal with "difficult."

Instead the NFL did what it was always does. "We're the NFL. We know what we're doing. It'll work fine."
It all depends how difficult. Once they start eating into those profits, difficult no longer becomes worth it.

I think they rolled the dice and overall, it’s still working. We just see the worst here because we are the titans fans.
With lack of media coverage anyway, 31 other teams don’t care about the titans situation, unless their team plays the titans. I don’t blame them, I’m the same way to 31 other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back