Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The online played better after Lewan got his game legs going. The QB made a huge difference, but the line clearly got better. Go eat a Snickers, you’ll feel better.

You literally just said “after he got his legs going”. The exact point I’m trying to make. Adoree hasn’t played a game all year. Can’t expect him to just come in and play lights out. Lmao gtfo clown

This is true, but then you’d expect a splash play here or there on pure athleticism. I’m not sure we are seeing that. Hope I’m wrong on this, I’d love to be because a wasted draft class would just suck.

Fulton has at least had some tight coverage and made his guy work for it. The PI call was kinda BS today.

You literally just said “after he got his legs going”. The exact point I’m trying to make. Adoree hasn’t played a game all year. Can’t expect him to just come in and play lights out. Lmao gtfo clown
No you’re right, it won’t be automatic, but Joseph is pitiful and Adoree at half speed will be better than him

Sometimes you also need a little bit of a luck in a magical season.

Ain't no one gunna mention that AJ Brown TD? It was seriously iffy - that thigh/knee hit before the 2nd foot even annoucers kept saying it.

Go back to the Buffalo game, garbage time TD - Tanny looked a mile over the line of scrimmage before throwing - I know replay showed it a zillion times but it sure looked like his entire body was over.

Regardless, we will need more than luck and offensive talent vs Pittsburgh. Hardest test to date. Defense best be ready. :henry:

wrong line of thought

the defense should not hang their hat on the offense playing a perfect game every week

they should be able to bail out the offense if there's a turnover.. instead it's an auto TD vs these scrubs

OK, point taken. But I'm sure when the film is looked at that they are going to cover it with the O-line. It's going to be really important against the Steelers and that defense. And if Lewan is still iffy or not playing, it could be a long day.

If they allowed XP in OT my points prediction for Titans would have been perfect. cows were slightly more productive than I thought they would be

Said it time after time, we needed to resign Logan Ryan..
Didn’t have beef with Ryan except for cost. His value was too low for the level of play he still has.
That’s important because we needed pass rush, which is easily one of the higher priced talents in the league.
JRob signed Beasley and Clowney. The pass rush isn’t supposed to suck right now which would help out the secondary.
Unfortunately, we have a rookie in Fulton (I think he gets better), some a$$-chips in chris Jackson and Joseph, and butler playing the role that Ryan also struggled with last year, only decent CB on the field to cover multiple players.

Yesterday it was Fuller and Fells that ate up the D. Butler looked bad too.

Everyone is hammering the defense today, but in reality, the main reason why this was a nail biter was the two turnovers...one strip sack to give Houston 1st and goal at the 5 (!!!) and the second was an INT that was overthrown. And then special teams surrendered a blocked field goal which should have been a gimme and Gostowski then follows that with a blown FG he should have had. Clean that stuff up and this isn't that close.
I’ll concede 1 short drive that I don’t blame the D, the strip sack. Otherwise:

5 scoring drives, all 55+ yards, 3 were 10+ plays, allowed 50% 3rd down conversions(7/14), allowed 100% 4th down (3/3), zero takeaways, 2 sacks, allowed over 400 yards, blew a 14 pt lead.

The D should be hammered. Personally, your post is not giving them their due credit for playing so poorly, Again!

Fulton has at least had some tight coverage and made his guy work for it. The PI call was kinda BS today.

He’s showing improvement for sure, but I definitely thought that was an obvious PI....but I’m not at it. It was the smart play. His guy had him beat for what would have been an uncontested TD, so he gave the push and put the ball on the 1-Yard line and gives the defense a chance to limit points. That’s the correct thing to do in that scenario considering the alternative is to give up 6 points right then and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing Vrabel's expression after the penalty, the way he played it off tells me he doesn't want anyone talking about this. I thought the same thing too and discussed it with other titan fans, but when my friends called me telling me what Vrabel did I was acting like Vrabel. I dont want other teams to find out and try stuff like this. By this afternoon its going to be all over nfl network and we won't be able to use it again if we need to.

I don't think it has been talked about much but what about that Vrabel 12th-man move that saved time and Crennel's decision to go for two?

The Vrabel move was brilliant and not the first time he's done it.

Some argue Crennel should have kicked the XP and forced the Titans to score and make two to tie. The way the Texans were moving the ball, I don't think it was the wrong call. Two there puts the game away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back