Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has not been proven true yet.

We all thought Lewan coming back off suspension was going to fix the O line last year and that didn’t happen either. It wasn’t until a QB change and weeks later that the O line started to get going.
The online played better after Lewan got his game legs going. The QB made a huge difference, but the line clearly got better. Go eat a Snickers, you’ll feel better.

This x100. I read an article that said the Titans after the Chiefs AFC Championship lost felt Ryan was too slow up the seam to stay with some of the route concepts they expected to see moving forward out of the slot position. They acknowledge he was good flowing left to right on the field but not up the field. That being said, we should have resigned him until you are sure you have a good replacement.

I’m not mad at the team trying to change though too many teams become good and then stand still. At this point we basically failed to get better (as oddly as that sound considering we are undefeated). My point in saying that is that we are basically getting 0 contribution from our 2020 draft class. It sucks to say that, but at this point that entire class may be a whiff and a miss.
Way too early for that.

You gotta remember these rookies are so far behind because of the limited offseason. Can’t make rash judgements like that yet.

Bill Belichick said this is the farthest behind his rookies have ever been since he’s been a coach.

This is true, but then you’d expect a splash play here or there on pure athleticism. I’m not sure we are seeing that. Hope I’m wrong on this, I’d love to be because a wasted draft class would just suck.

Way too early for that.

Same thing I just responded too, I’d love to be wrong on this. After 5 weeks though I’d love to see more contribution. Doesn’t seem like the rookies are playing any better. It was another article this past week floating around to us getting very little contribution from our draft class for what ever reason (bad decisions off field Wilson, Fulton not playing well, etc). I know it’s early, but hoping this class turns it around.

It’s time to face reality guys. Our defense is missing ONE starter. Adoree is good but if you think he’s the answer for all of our problems you are in for a rude awakening.

I think it's Logan Ryan.. He played all over the field and made everyone look better than they actually was.

I'll say the same thing that I said last time everyone here was griping about a win...

It is a weird season. Collect wins to make sure you make the playoffs and just hope you come together at that point. So far so good.

Sometimes you also need a little bit of a luck in a magical season.

Ain't no one gunna mention that AJ Brown TD? It was seriously iffy - that thigh/knee hit before the 2nd foot even annoucers kept saying it.

Go back to the Buffalo game, garbage time TD - Tanny looked a mile over the line of scrimmage before throwing - I know replay showed it a zillion times but it sure looked like his entire body was over.

Regardless, we will need more than luck and offensive talent vs Pittsburgh. Hardest test to date. Defense best be ready. :henry:

Same thing I just responded too, I’d love to be wrong on this. After 5 weeks though I’d love to see more contribution. Doesn’t seem like the rookies are playing any better. It was another article this past week floating around to us getting very little contribution from our draft class for what ever reason (bad decisions off field Wilson, Fulton not playing well, etc). I know it’s early, but hoping this class turns it around.
It’s the fact they had so little time. Preseason games are valuable for development and they had none. Probably toward the back third of the season you’ll see some improvement.

Adoree will make a big difference. You put him in the #1 WR and slide everyone else down to the next WR and your improvement is exponential. You improve all across the secondary. Also when you feel more confidence in your secondary, you can do more up front. A lot hinges on having your best CB out.

And the run defense improved a lot today. Improvement in the secondary and this team likely gets off the field in 3rd down a lot more. And that is where we are having the biggest issues.

It’s the fact they had so little time. Preseason games are valuable for development and they had none. Probably toward the back third of the season you’ll see some improvement.

This is true, can’t argue with that. The only argument I will say is that other teams are in fact getting some sort of contribution from their rookies we aren’t. So there’s something. Like I said I hope it’s just more time is needed.

Everyone is hammering the defense today, but in reality, the main reason why this was a nail biter was the two turnovers...one strip sack to give Houston 1st and goal at the 5 (!!!) and the second was an INT that was overthrown. And then special teams surrendered a blocked field goal which should have been a gimme and Gostowski then follows that with a blown FG he should have had. Clean that stuff up and this isn't that close.

wrong line of thought

the defense should not hang their hat on the offense playing a perfect game every week

they should be able to bail out the offense if there's a turnover.. instead it's an auto TD vs these scrubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back