Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no. Blown early picks and bad free agent choices are obviously a factor. The AJ trade pissed off Vrabel and I think his play Sunday was the final straw.

Also, PSL owners get surveys every Monday. I can imagine the last two weeks of responses has been ripping Robinson big time. The team is wanting PSL owners to buy tixs for 2023 and money talks.
As a Titan's fan, if AJ didn't make us throw up Sunday we aren't real fans.

I get it, but I don't know if I like it. I definitely don't like it mid season after a loss. This seems emotional. Are you telling me that if we would have won, he would still be the GM? Either he's done a bad or a good job, you can't let a game in an injury riddled season determine that. If Burks doesn't get hit and/or if Landry doesn't make a bad cut in the offseason, all of a sudden now JRob has done a good job? I'm guessing there's more to the story. Unfortunately, we probably will never know.

Now I just worry this might end up being a "grass isn't always greener" scenario. There are so many worse GMs out there. No guarantee the next guy is better. Plus, I'm sure Vrabel will have input, and honestly, do you guys truly trust his intuition/decision making with staff?

This could also be about Cowden. He interviewed for several GM spots last year and might have left this off-season. Perhaps they wanted to give him a trial run here first.

I get it, but I don't know if I like it. I definitely don't like it mid season after a loss. This seems emotional. Are you telling me that if we would have won, he would still be the GM? Either he's done a bad or a good job, you can't let a game in an injury riddled season determine that. If Burks doesn't get hit and/or if Landry doesn't make a bad cut in the offseason, all of a sudden now JRob has done a good job? I'm guessing there's more to the story. Unfortunately, we probably will never know.

Now I just worry this might end up being a "grass isn't always greener" scenario. There are so many worse GMs out there. No guarantee the next guy is better. Plus, I'm sure Vrabel will have input, and honestly, do you guys truly trust his intuition/decision making with staff?
Obviously he and Vrabel had several disagreements over players behind the scenes and Vrabel was proven right. I believe Vrabel will be the new GM like BB in NE

This could also be about Cowden. He interviewed for several GM spots last year and might have left this off-season. Perhaps they wanted to give him a trial run here first.
Indeed. And Momma may have given him the opportunity to present to her what his vision would be. She likely got Vrabel's feedback/approval too if it aligned with his.

I'm blown away. I hope this isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a single football game.

probably the final straw more like.

AJ has just about more Rec yard and TDs then our entire WR core as a group as the article states - that’s unacceptable.

Henry and Tanny are nearing the twilight of their careers and this offense is awful. Henry was given the worst o-line of his career and our WRs are just asked to block 247. This isn’t the early 2000s anymore.

This was after me saying that they would never get rid of JROB.

Timing is weird but it needed to be done and I'm totally shocked it happened.
actually the timing is perfect for front office types removal... plenty of time to suffle whatever needs shuffled before offseason/draft

Insanity. 15 guys on IR and 9 starters out injured last Sunday. You can’t judge JRobs players when they’re not even on the field.
We can judge Isaiah Wilson pretty easily.

Should have been fired for that pick alone. GTFO with the idea that Robinson got a raw deal here. He blew it on more 1st-rd picks than any other GM this century. On a team with better owners he would have been fired years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back