Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the right move but how does Downing still have a job? We had top 5 to top 10 offense until he took over now we are bottom 5

yep... mularkey 100% bought his firing... I 100% thought robinsons overall record would shield him

guess it will be vrable going forward... might be an improvement
Robinson was going to fire Mularkey no matter what. He had made that decision early in the season when he talked to Vrable at the Texans game. Robinson brought this on himself with his handling of AJ Brown and recent misses. (...and a healthy amount of arrogance as well.)
I'm shocked as are many.....but happily shocked.

We can judge Isaiah Wilson pretty easily.

Should have been fired for that pick alone. GTFO with the idea that Robinson got a raw deal here. He blew it on more 1st-rd picks than any other GM this century. On a team with better owners he would have been fired years ago.

Lol, you must not have been a Titan fan for very long. 4 of his 8 1st rounders turned into good players, and Treylon Burks is TBD.

From 2001 to 2015, we had 14 1st round picks. In that 15 year stretch, the only good players to come out of that were Haynesworth, Chris Johnson, Derrick Morgan, and Taylor Lewan. Maybe Michael Griffin, but that's a big a stretch.

He most certainly did not suck. Inherited. worst team in the league and we haven't had a losing season since he took over.

He's made some questionable decisions in recent years, but he most certainly does not suck. He's the best GM we have had in more than 20 years.
That’s why he just got fired mid season

Exactly. J-Rob wasn't perfect. But we could do a lot worse. Our front office was trash from about 2001 to the time J-Rob took over. I would like to see an organizational shift though to match today's NFL. I love King Henry as much as anyone, but he isn't gonna be around forever and the ground and pound is about 20 years out of date. It's time we come to the 21st century offensively. The fact that we haven't had a 4000 yard passer in our franchise history is beyond pathetic.

Exactly. J-Rob wasn't perfect. But we could do a lot worse. Our front office was trash from about 2001 to the time J-Rob took over. I would like to see an organizational shift though to match today's NFL. I love King Henry as much as anyone, but he isn't gonna be around forever and the ground and pound is about 20 years out of date. It's time we come to the 21st century offensively. The fact that we haven't had a 4000 yard passer in our franchise history is beyond pathetic.

Moon threw for over 4000 yards in back to back seasons in 90 and 91 when the franchise was the Oilers.

I share the sentiment though that it is pretty pathetic that the franchise as the Titans (given the emphasis towards passing now) haven't had a 4000 yard passer.

That was a whole lot more Vrabel than him. I know some of you can’t see beyond the surface and the record.

So Vrabel drafted Henry, Byard, Simmons, Brown, Landry and also signed/traded for Tanne, Jones, Butler, Saffold, etc? Because those guys have been the crux of roster over the past few years.

You need to quit letting your hate of J-Rob cloud your judgement. We were a shit of a franchise before he took over. And we've been a winning team ever since. Hell we were the number 1 seed in the playoffs last year. Was JRob on the field calling plays when we choked vs Cincy?

Lol, you must not have been a Titan fan for very long. 4 of his 8 1st rounders turned into good players, and Treylon Burks is TBD.

From 2001 to 2015, we had 14 1st round picks. In that 15 year stretch, the only good players to come out of that were Haynesworth, Chris Johnson, Derrick Morgan, and Taylor Lewan. Maybe Michael Griffin, but that's a big a stretch.
He had never had a single 1st round pick get signed to a second contract. I think you’re the one that must have not been a fan very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back