Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont disagree, but firing JRob right now in no way, at all, helps this team. It wont make one single thing better this season.

On the other hand, firing Downing and Carter could result in instant improvement.

So my opinion is, if someone was getting fired, they chose the wrong person. If this isnt followed up with at least Downing getting tossed, it was a stupid move mid-season, imo.

It’s a surprising move since it’s mid-season and we are leading the division. I thank JR for helping us get out of the dumpster, but clearly it was time for a change.

So Vrabel drafted Henry, Byard, Simmons, Brown, Landry and also signed/traded for Tanne, Jones, Butler, Saffold, etc? Because those guys have been the crux of roster over the past few years.

You need to quit letting your hate of J-Rob cloud your judgement. We were a **** of a franchise before he took over. And we've been a winning team ever since. Hell we were the number 1 seed in the playoffs last year. Was JRob on the field calling plays when we choked vs Cincy?
first paragraph is true... now name the clowns robinson drafted lately...

also early robinson moves were soild without a doubt... not so much last couple of years and not much debate about that IMO

You realize there is a whole spectrum between "Good" and "Sucks" don't you? J-Rob wasn't a great GM. He also wasn't a bad GM. His record since taking over the Titans is proof of that.
he will get another shot... especially from some dumpster fire organization that will get him cheap because of his 4 year prepayment ( or does Amy get a refund - I dont care not my $s)

and he will deserve it unlike mularkey

first paragraph is true... now name the clowns robinson drafted lately...

also early robinson moves were soild without a doubt... not so much last couple of years and not much debate about that IMO

Sure. I said as much in my first post in this thread. But to act like he is terrible and hasn't been the architect behind turning this franchise around is laughable.

WE haven't signed one to a second contract. And that's not because we didn't want them, but more because we couldn't afford them. Conklin, Jackson, and Davis all got big deals in FA. Simmons will get a humongous contract either from us or someone else. The only misses were Evans (who was decent but not good), Wilson, and Farley.
LOL

bit of a self own... its the GMs job to be able to afford them - just sayin'

Far too many fans here content making the playoffs, as though that is some sort of achievement in the AFC South.

Isn't the point of this sport to win the Superbowl?

Quit settling for being the 6th-12th best team in the NFL, because it's better than being the 32nd best team in the NFL.
you must not attend games...

Team has a chance to go all the way last year.

Warts and all, the team had the roster

The coaching staff then shit the bed. While other RBs were producing, we continued to run Henry (Vrabels man crush) for 20 attempts unsuccessfully at 3.1 per pop while Forman was averaging 16.

We will see if this is about winning or it if it was a power struggle soon enough.

I dont disagree, but firing JRob right now in no way, at all, helps this team. It wont make one single thing better this season.

On the other hand, firing Downing and Carter could result in instant improvement.

So my opinion is, if someone was getting fired, they chose the wrong person. If this isnt followed up with at least Downing getting tossed, it was a stupid move mid-season, imo.
Now, or a month ago, is a fine time to fire a GM... plenty of time left to get ready for draft & offseason

Lol, what does that have to do with anything? Were the players good or not? You can either call them bad picks or can roast him for not extending them. You can't do both.
actually you can do both... GM should draft talent then pay that talent cause someone else will... that is exactly the job

To add to what I said...

If it's over his drafting and FA decisions, I get it.

If it was a power stuggle, it'll turn out the same way it did with Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back