Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. J-Rob wasn't perfect. But we could do a lot worse. Our front office was trash from about 2001 to the time J-Rob took over. I would like to see an organizational shift though to match today's NFL. I love King Henry as much as anyone, but he isn't gonna be around forever and the ground and pound is about 20 years out of date. It's time we come to the 21st century offensively. The fact that we haven't had a 4000 yard passer in our franchise history is beyond pathetic.
Sounds like you are perfectly content being mediocre.

So Vrabel drafted Henry, Byard, Simmons, Brown, Landry and also signed/traded for Tanne, Jones, Butler, Saffold, etc? Because those guys have been the crux of roster over the past few years.

You need to quit letting your hate of J-Rob cloud your judgement. We were a **** of a franchise before he took over. And we've been a winning team ever since. Hell we were the number 1 seed in the playoffs last year. Was JRob on the field calling plays when we choked vs Cincy?
Lol cloud my judgement? The team just fired him! Some of you just need to accept the fact you don’t understand what it takes to win at football and listen more to those of us who do, especially me!

You realize there is a whole spectrum between "Good" and "Sucks" don't you? J-Rob wasn't a great GM. He also wasn't a bad GM. His record since taking over the Titans is proof of that.
Average GM’s don’t get fired mid season. He sucked. Get over it. You were wrong. You don’t miss on draft picks as often as he did and keep your job.

He had never had a single 1st round pick get signed to a second contract. I think you’re the one that must have not been a fan very long.

WE haven't signed one to a second contract. And that's not because we didn't want them, but more because we couldn't afford them. Conklin, Jackson, and Davis all got big deals in FA. Simmons will get a humongous contract either from us or someone else. The only misses were Evans (who was decent but not good), Wilson, and Farley.

Far too many fans here content making the playoffs, as though that is some sort of achievement in the AFC South.

Isn't the point of this sport to win the Superbowl?

Quit settling for being the 6th-12th best team in the NFL, because it's better than being the 32nd best team in the NFL.

Lol cloud my judgement? The team just fired him! Some of you just need to accept the fact you don’t understand what it takes to win at football and listen more to those of us who do, especially me!

LMAO!!!

Yeah ok Chief. Take a look at our records and draft pick history before J-Rob took over. We are 66-43 since he took over. If you think that isn terrible, you need your head examined.

WE haven't signed one to a second contract. And that's not because we didn't want them, but more because we couldn't afford them. Conklin, Jackson, and Davis all got big deals in FA. Simmons will get a humongous contract either from us or someone else. The only misses were Evans (who was decent but not good), Wilson, and Farley.
lol I guess the cap isn’t his responsibility too. You don’t have a clue

LMAO!!!

Yeah ok Chief. Take a look at our records and draft pick history before J-Rob took over. We are 66-43 since he took over. If you think that isn terrible, you need your head examined.
Being better than your terrible predecessor doesn’t make you good. Good god I think you had a man crush on JRob.

Adams continues to demonstrate that she will not tolerate the Titans simply being "good." She fired Mularkey because he appeared to plateau in terms of what he could accomplish and has now fired Robinson for basically the same thing it appears. Just a winning record isn't enough.

The spotlight now goes to Vrabel as I have no doubt he'll get more say in personnel decisions. With that though, Vrabel better produce in the coming seasons or I'd imagine he'll be out of a job if the Titans do not become "great."
cant really agree with this... vrable has done well with what he has had

we all hate watching the caveman O but right now there is no way to change it... much anyways... there is nothing available that would allow it... should be using the rookie TE more... possibly that could be a thing going forward... but I dont see much else that could make any sort of dynamic difference going into game 13

Last edited by a moderator:
He most certainly did not suck. Inherited. worst team in the league and we haven't had a losing season since he took over.

He's made some questionable decisions in recent years, but he most certainly does not suck. He's the best GM we have had in more than 20 years.
pre CAP Reese was better

Got to love how ESPN headline read "Titans fire GM Robinson after lopsided Eagles loss"

I don't think any GM has ever been fired over a single lopsided loss. Let's see how deep these idiots dig to show the real reasons as to why he got fired.
msm knows nothing about Titans and dont care to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back