Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rebuild starts today. Who will be in the team in two years and who will coach it? My guess is very few if the people who are there today.

Vrabel?
Downing?
Henry?
Tannehill?
None of the above is very possibly the correct answer.

LOL

bit of a self own... its the GMs job to be able to afford them - just sayin'

True. I slammed J-Rob at the time for not picking up Conklin's 5th year option. Part of the reason we couldn't afford a lot of them is because we had to pay other players though, like Lewan, Byard, Tanne, Henry, etc, often in the same off-season. I also wanted to give the Landry's money to AJ because I don't view Landry as essential to our defensive success. Looks like I was right there.

Regardless of Robinson's earlier success in the draft, FA, and in trades, we all know that this is a what have you done for me lately league.

Robinson's struggles since 2020 and the Titans becoming stagnant did him in. At the end of the day, he helped the Titans franchise get out of the abyss (having tons of draft and cap capital to work with), but did not get the Titans to that next level. Strunk clearly isnt content with simply winning the worst division in football and being one and done. Good for her I say.

The whole Titans organization better be on notice now.

Here's my thing. Didn't Vrable say that the plays that Downing calls, he doesn't really care about from a sense of the scheme? If that is the case, then Vrable should be open to bringing the offense out of the stone age.

actually you can do both... GM should draft talent then pay that talent cause someone else will... that is exactly the job

We chose other talent to extend though and made FA signings (some good, some bad) to fill other holes. Extensions to guys like Henry and Byard prevented us from extending guys like, Conklin, Davis, and Jackson in the same off-seasons. Now certainly JRob could have balanced these a little better so they weren't hitting the market all at the same time. But when u have a very talented roster, you simply can't pay everyone market value.

Like I said, I wanted to keep AJ over Landry. I still think that was a big mistake on J-Robs part. But it sounds like AJ was pretty set on moving on and Vrabel was part of the reason why.

you must not attend games...

Usually 2-3 a year.
You disputing all of the posts here proclaiming how well JRob has done, because the Titans have fallen into the playoffs year after year, before getting kicked around by the true powerhouses of the AFC?

At the very least it puts everyone in the franchise on ‘high alert’ with a move of this magnitude

either put up or shut up - the time is now, window is open, few more years of prime left on the bone for Henry n Tanny

or it’s a rebuild (once the Titans make a quick exit from the playoffs) and more heads will roll

The rebuild starts today. Who will be in the team in two years and who will coach it? My guess is very few if the people who are there today.

Vrabel?
Downing?
Henry?
Tannehill?
None of the above is very possibly the correct answer.

I mentioned that I'm ready to let Malik take his lumps in 2023 and see what direction we need to go at QB past next year. I was slammed for that opinion.

Regardless of Robinson's earlier success in the draft, FA, and in trades, we all know that this is a what have you done for me lately league.

Robinson's struggles since 2020 and the Titans becoming stagnant did him in. At the end of the day, he helped the Titans franchise get out of the abyss (having tons of draft and cap capital to work with), but did not get the Titans to that next level. Strunk clearly isnt content with simply winning the worst division in football and being one and done. Good for her I say.

The whole Titans organization better be on notice now.

Great analysis here.

I dont disagree, but firing JRob right now in no way, at all, helps this team. It wont make one single thing better this season.

On the other hand, firing Downing and Carter could result in instant improvement.

So my opinion is, if someone was getting fired, they chose the wrong person. If this isnt followed up with at least Downing getting tossed, it was a stupid move mid-season, imo.
Scouting season underway. Need talent evaluators. New GM, new talent scouting and decision making for next year.

Usually 2-3 a year.
You disputing all of the posts here proclaiming how well JRob has done, because the Titans have fallen into the playoffs year after year, before getting kicked around by the true powerhouses of the AFC?
I am saying NOBODY wants to go into the stadium knowing without a doubt Titans gonna lose... like it was for quite a few years...

Like I said, I wanted to keep AJ over Landry. I still think that was a big mistake on J-Robs part. But it sounds like AJ was pretty set on moving on and Vrabel was part of the reason why.

Where did AJ say that Vrabel was part of the reason he left? It's always been my understanding that it was just about money (not questioning you; just curious where AJ said it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back