Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
More your read and look at it. It appears Vrabel was not consulted on AJ Brown trade and that is were it started going down hill. When it came to trading the Panthers for Dailey was that a J-Rob move or a Vrabel. Betting J-Rob move. Cowan was going to be GM somewhere next year and now we get to keep him.

actually you can do both... GM should draft talent then pay that talent cause someone else will... that is exactly the job
I think it’s a tough juggle when other teams can reset the market cost for players. We just saw how Christian Kirk played a huge roll in the increase in WR cost. That’s because stupid Jax is stupid Jax and do whatever they can to win the off-season.

More your read and look at it. It appears Vrabel was not consulted on AJ Brown trade and that is were it started going down hill. When it came to trading the Panthers for Dailey was that a J-Rob move or a Vrabel. Betting J-Rob move. Cowan was going to be GM somewhere next year and now we get to keep him.
Cowden has had several interviews with other teams and never got the job. How do you figure, “He WAS going to be a GM next year and We GET to keep him.”?

No, we kept our own 1st which we later traded down with. We did trade AJ for two picks, 1st and 3rd. That is flipping a 2nd rounder.
ok, i just remember us only having 1 1st rd pick so i thought we just moved up

both outcomes were stupid lol.. who trades for a 1st then gives up the other 1st for a later pick

what a derp

Usually 2-3 a year.
You disputing all of the posts here proclaiming how well JRob has done, because the Titans have fallen into the playoffs year after year, before getting kicked around by the true powerhouses of the AFC?
Re-read your bolder statement, then take a minute in the corner to think about what you’ve just said.

100% an untrue statement until at least this season.

Cowden has had several interviews with other teams and never got the job. How do you figure, “He WAS going to be a GM next year and We GET to keep him.”?
Just saying maybe it is good we do keep him. Best in house candidate and if you want Vrabel as coach, better get someone he can work with. He is the best coach this team has ever had.

Lets hope that Amy comes to her senses and understands that you don't build championship teams through constant in house hires. That line of thinking is great for the corporate world maybe.

I appreciate what jrob did, he along with others turned the culture around from bottom feeders to being competitive. However the past couple of years the team has been regressing instead of progressing and I think personally it's mostly due to roster construction. We could end up with a dud and this looks dumb but I think it's a risk we have to take. Complacency wasn't getting us over the hump.

Also if this was a power struggle between vrabel and jrob I believe we 100% made the right decision. Vrabel has some infuriating qualities, but you can't argue that he gets the most out of our players and gives us an edge over most any coaches in the league.

I appreciate what jrob did, he along with others turned the culture around from bottom feeders to being competitive. However the past couple of years the team has been regressing instead of progressing and I think personally it's mostly due to roster construction. We could end up with a dud and this looks dumb but I think it's a risk we have to take. Complacency wasn't getting us over the hump.

Also if this was a power struggle between vrabel and jrob I believe we 100% made the right decision. Vrabel has some infuriating qualities, but you can't argue that he gets the most out of our players and gives us an edge over most any coaches in the league.
Agree for sure in this last part. If given the choice between Vrabel or JRob, it would be Vrabel time and again.

players like him and respond to him.
I don’t always like his 4th down decisions and his lack of red flag throwing sometimes but he gambles pretty effectively in almost every way.

Unfortunately the one gamble he made that has been detrimental, is gambling that Downing belonged anywhere near an NFL field, yet alone in Nashville. He needs to fix that.

It will definitely be interesting to see how short a leash Vrabel is on with the new GM. Hopefully Downing is gone soon. I can’t help but think back to the video of Vrabels reaction to the AJ Brown trade and wonder if this was when the power struggle began.

Wow…. What a shock! Gotta give Amy credit. She is definitely an owner that wants to win and is willing to make bold moves to do it.

Jrob was great at first. Took us from total crap to constant winners. But the team/roster has been slipping the past couple years and that’s definitely on him. Multiple misses on 1st & 2nd round picks, letting star players walk because he didn’t manage the CAP, wasting said CAP on free agent players that didn’t pan out.

And my latest gripe, seems like we have a roster full of injury prone players. While some of this might be bad luck, I think Jrobs philosophy of trying to draft or sign players coming off of injury or with a history of injuries is partly to blame.

And you could tell that Vrabel was pretty upset about the roster and what he has to work with.

Remember the comment he made about “who the hell is he supposed to throw it to”? You could tell that he was clearly saying that the WRs he has to work with are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back