Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this move shows AAS will not accept going from good to mediocre. Mike Keith said on the radio this afternoon that he has seen her decision making process in past situations such as Whisenhunt and Mularkey and others that have not been public and she is very deliberate and spends a great deal of time in making these decisions. He was very somber because JR was widely liked by players and staff and AAS.

I hope this becomes a turning point but I imagine we are going to see some names go away next year…some hard decisions.

Absolutely stunning. The guys has found so many diamonds in the rough and the Vrabel hire was inspired. Cannot even believe this. There must be more to this story. He JUST got an extension, though that was before the AJ trade.

True. But here we are with a high mileage back, a past prime qb, and only 2 of our 1st rd picks on our roster. Hes whiffed on too many 1st rders and let a top 5 wr get gone for a pack of skittles.

Ok pal you can enjoy the 2-15 titans again clown just bitching just to *****. You do realize 1 team out of 32 win the Super Bowl and those super bowls been dominated by mainly Brady and mahomes so unless you get a generational talent at qb everyone is stuck in the same boat
Not bitching for the sake of bitching at all....I'm not blind this team needs rebuilt....this roster is not a playoff roster...making the playoffs because we are in the AFC South doesn't make us one....firing JRob was the first step...you better get ready for a couple of down years

I believe this move shows AAS will not accept going from good to mediocre. Mike Keith said on the radio this afternoon that he has seen her decision making process in past situations such as Whisenhunt and Mularkey and others that have not been public and she is very deliberate and spends a great deal of time in making these decisions. He was very somber because JR was widely liked by players and staff and AAS.

I hope this becomes a turning point but I imagine we are going to see some names go away next year…some hard decisions.
I don't think anybody can honestly say we won't be in straight out rebuild next year. Tank some cap space, get high picks, maybe even trade marquee player for picks and get a team ready for the new stadium and SB in 5 years or so.

I don't think anybody can honestly say we won't be in straight out rebuild next year. Tank some cap space, get high picks, maybe even trade marquee player for picks and get a team ready for the new stadium and SB in 5 years or so.
Exactly....anyone thinks we are building off the current roster is delusional...rebuild coming not a reset

AAS: I want to thank Jon for his dedicated work to set this organization on an upward trajectory and I wish him and his family the best."

He did some good things, but in Amy's eyes, he had us on a downward trajectory as of late.

You people saying down years are coming are nuts. Mike Vrabel is our coach. Jon Robinson was a liability. We are going to be better than ever.

I know. But I'm ok with letting him take his lumps if it means seeing whether or not he can lead this team going forward. Justin Fields was awful last year too, and for the first few games of this year. Now he's starting to come into his own.

Worst case, we're terrible and we'll get a top 5 in 2024 to spend a on a QB.
you dont attend games do you?

You people saying down years are coming are nuts. Mike Vrabel is our coach. Jon Robinson was a liability. We are going to be better than ever.
Hope you’re right. But I think we’ve got too many holes to fill on OL and skill position. RB/QB on downhill. And we’re cap strapped and pick deplete. 3 years away at earliest imo.

I think it’s a tough juggle when other teams can reset the market cost for players. We just saw how Christian Kirk played a huge roll in the increase in WR cost. That’s because stupid Jax is stupid Jax and do whatever they can to win the off-season.
hqdefault.jpg

KAHN!

Who cares about winning the crap AFC South year after year, going one and done because we are a mediocre team..to drafting in the back half of the 1st only to come away with minimal talent.
This kind of a disingenuous take.

Yes, the South is crap this year. 100% down playing last year, that outside Cincinnati (which they were in a position to beat) titans beat literally every other top tier team last year. That’s how they got the #1 seed, by beating the very teams that you’re playing off as the “top teams”
2 years ago the south had 2 teams qualify with 1 less WC team
The 3 seasons prior to that, 2 teams from the South went. 1 of which 3 teams were above .500.

I get it, it seems every year at least 1 team is shooting for the #1 pick, the division as a whole is right there among every other division most years.

One and done sucks. Tennessee was more than good enough to avoid that fate last year but didnt execute when it mattered. That’s not a lack of talent thing causing one and done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter just reported on NFL live that Amy was “upset she wasn’t included in” the Aj Brown decision.
The fact that she had no idea about it was news to me and makes the timing of this slightly more understandable.

Jrob managed to piss off the owner, head coach, and probably most players on the team with one phone call. Honestly kind of impressive

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL live that Amy was “upset she wasn’t included in” the Aj Brown decision.
The fact that she had no idea about it was news to me and makes the timing of this slightly more understandable.

Jrob managed to piss off the owner, head coach, and probably most players on the team with one phone call. Honestly kind of impressive
Our AJ "replacement" went down again injured, has been an injury issue all season basically. AJ had a good game. Eagles fans in front of the owners box was having the time of their lives tossing it into her face.

perfect storm it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back