Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense why Vrabel keeps calling out the lack of hangtime and accuracy from Stonehouse.

I'll never fault JRob for taking a shot on Julio, we were all salivating at the idea of Henry, AJ, and Julio together. It didn't work but he recognized we had a window and shoved the chips in the middle. The Julio move looks worse when you add it to all the other mistakes JRob made.

I agree. Everyone loved the move at the time. But part of the reason he didn't work out (other than staying on IR) is because Downing is such a terrible OC.

I think with Jrob, besides the obvious early round draft bust catalogue, what did him in is taking the wrong home run swings. Julio, Clowney, Beasley, Farley, Brown-for-Burks (still could end up batting even on this one though). He was always willing to put it all out there, but never bet on the right guys, and it was his job to bet on the right guys.

Sad to see it end this way. I really liked Jrob and felt like he brought a stable comfort to the franchise that we'd not had in some time. I wanted to see him succeed. But after that curb stomping AJ gave us on Sunday, all I could think was "how is a lock to win the division so depressing?" I guess Amy thought something similar.

Going forward, what needs to be emphasized here is explosiveness. Not just explosive players, but explosive trades, signings, draft picks.

And. Get. A. Quarterback. Gut this group and tank a year with Willis even to make it so.

Not letting AAS in on the AJ Brown trade discussions and then seeing AJ embarrass us in the game we play him is a good way out of town

I'm pretty sure that AAS lost trust in him when AJB was traded. And then there was the revenge game where she "knew it was a bad idea". I'm betting AAS didn't care about the extra 5 mil/year to go to Brown. She sure didn't care about the extra money to her to pay JRob another 4 years while he's on the bench.

Cowden has gotten GM interviews over the past few years. He will be a GM for someone at some point. I’d bet he is a legitimate contender to be the full time GM going forward.
I don’t know much about him but the Titans do love some in house hiring so it would make sense for him to be hired full time

Average GM’s don’t get fired mid season. He sucked. Get over it. You were wrong. You don’t miss on draft picks as often as he did and keep your job.
That “average” GM got an extension in February. Obviously, Adams thought he deserved it. I think this is more about from then to now. Farley looks to be a bust, the AJ trade and a power struggle between he and Vrabel were bigger factors than what he did in previous seasons.

That “average” GM got an extension in February. Obviously, Adams thought he deserved it. I think this is more about from then to now. Farley looks to be a bust, the AJ trade and a power struggle between he and Vrabel were bigger factors than what he did in previous seasons.
He’s been a bad GM for several years. The majority of his career. It just took them a few years to realize how his previous mistakes were catching up to the team. Just because Amy gave him an extension in Feb doesn’t mean she was right, she just admitted she wasn’t

He’s been a bad GM for several years. The majority of his career. It just took them a few years to realize how his previous mistakes were catching up to the team. Just because Amy gave him an extension in Feb doesn’t mean she was right, she just admitted she wasn’t
If AJB was still on the roster, JRob would still be here.

Not sure why but I have a feeling the firing won’t be a distraction but rather will be a spark to turn things around and they will go on a run, I hope I’m right.

First up handle the Jags easily and win convincingly.

They didn’t fire him over one move. That was a part of it but he’s missed on the majority of his early picks and overpaid, and traded away a lot of draft capital for players that contributed little to nothing. You don’t keep your job in the NFL doing that.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/07/titans-jon-robinson-fired-mike-vrabel-lobby/

“According to sources, Robinson’s compounding mistakes had been wearing on Tennessee’s ownership for some time. While Vrabel and Robinson have had disagreements on personnel decisions, no public or private undermining of the former general manager by the coach is said to have occurred. Robinson and Vrabel had a healthy working relationship during their time together.”

Clearly the last straw in a smoldering situation.
Since his extension 10 months ago we have the following:

Farley and Radunz are not developing and both look like busts, Dupree can’t stay on the field, he screwed up the OL and the AJB trade along with other stuff we may never know behind the scenes all contributed to Amy changing her mind since the extension.

So the timing just happened to be two days after AJB destroyed the Titans?

Mom was pissed.
Or 2 days after a 35-10 beat down for a loss a second straight week, more of the same 0 2nd half points, more of a beating for THill with the S**t OL assembled, more of the same 1st round pick defenders not on the field.

I mean, I suppose we can chock it up to AJ Brown having a good game, but I’d argue there’s at least 20 other players/situations that can be pointed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back