Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or 2 days after a 35-10 beat down for a loss a second straight week, more of the same 0 2nd half points, more of a beating for THill with the S**t OL assembled, more of the same 1st round pick defenders not on the field.

I mean, I suppose we can chalk it up to AJ Brown having a good game, but I’d argue there’s at least 20 other players/situations that can be pointed to.
He’s missed on a lot more picks and signings than he’s hit on, even early rounders. A lot on this forum just had an opinion of him that was much higher than he deserved because he improved the team from the dumpster fire it was before he arrived. He wasn’t even an average GM when it came to talent evaluation. The picks and signings speak for themselves. Hiring Vrabel was the one good move that made himself look a lot better than he was. Any other coach and this team would have continued to struggle with the roster Job Robinson built.

He’s missed on a lot more picks and signings than he’s hit on, even early rounders. A lot on this forum just had an opinion of him that was much higher than he deserved because he improved the team from the dumpster fire it was before he arrived. He wasn’t even an average GM when it came to talent evaluation. The picks and signings speak for themselves. Hiring Vrabel was the one good move that made himself look a lot better than he was. Any other coach and this team would have continued to struggle with the roster Job Robinson built.
I think he had a few good moves, coincidental or not can be debated, but no question, some of the biggest current issues stem directly from really, really bad decisions.

the OL is the easiest to rip apart. He let Conklin go (not an issue to me) but tried replacing him with Wilson. A 1st rounder not only not ready to play, but not even an adult. Undertaker was serviceable for that 2K year but then JRob let him go with literally nothing until another couple busts in Radunz and lower round picks.
Because he squandered so much cap on some other key players, he has not room to even sign a FA.
and you were right on the money with the Daley trade. A literal garbage can would have had more value. Why he gave anything up for him is pretty baffling.

Or 2 days after a 35-10 beat down for a loss a second straight week, more of the same 0 2nd half points, more of a beating for THill with the S**t OL assembled, more of the same 1st round pick defenders not on the field.

I mean, I suppose we can chock it up to AJ Brown having a good game, but I’d argue there’s at least 20 other players/situations that can be pointed to.
I’m not saying there isn’t. I’m not defending JRob.

Remember the Bills beat the Titans 41-7?

The timing was for a reason.

1)Titan Ownership was humiliated during the Philly/AJB blowout.
2)AAS was not made aware of the plans to Trade AJB during the draft.
3)our line sucks! most moves this draft/season have not worked out

Momma was gonna take it out on the responsible party.

You people saying down years are coming are nuts. Mike Vrabel is our coach. Jon Robinson was a liability. We are going to be better than ever.
I agree, I don’t see this as bad thing long term.

The roster talent has slipped dramatically over the past couple years and the only reason we have still been good is Vrabel is a master at taking off the couch practice squad guys and getting them to perform pretty well. Imagine what he could do with a stacked roster!

Let’s just hope that Jrobs replacement isn’t worse than the one we fired.

I mean, I suppose we can chock it up to AJ Brown having a good game, but I’d argue there’s at least 20 other players/situations that can be pointed to.
Brown was the straw that broke the camels back imo

1)Titan Ownership was humiliated during the Philly/AJB blowout.
2)AAS was not made aware of the plans to Trade AJB during the draft.
3)our line sucks! most moves this draft/season have not worked out

Momma was gonna take it out on the responsible party.

4) Downing not getting fired

hope I'm wrong

Oh… and remember when Philly cleaned house, fired the only coach to ever give them a SB because they slipped after their lone SB win. Turned over a lot of their roster. A lot of people thought that was risky and bold too. And they are right back in running for another SB.

So sometimes bold, aggressive….. but calculated moves work out for the better. Time will tell, but I really do think we’ll look back at this as the move that got us over the top!

Oh… and remember when Philly cleaned house, fired the only coach to ever give them a SB because they slipped after their lone SB win. Turned over a lot of their roster. A lot of people thought that was risky and bold too. And they are right back in running for another SB.

So sometimes bold, aggressive….. but calculated moves work out for the better. Time will tell, but I really do think we’ll look back at this as the move that got us over the top!
Agreed and on top of that, I wanted to add that I feel like JRob got complacent in his job. He made all of the bad choices he did and still felt like he was safe forever. Especially after getting that extension back in February. I bet that pink slip was a total mind F for him yesterday.

J Rob didn't do anything to improve the roster after the Titans made the AFC Championship game.
I mean
Drafted Isaiah Wilson 29th overall
Drafted Darrynton Evans 93rd overall
Drafted Caleb Farley 22nd overall
Drafted Dillon Radunz 53rd overall
Traded a 2nd and 4th for Washed Julio
Traded A.J. Brown away
Signed Bud Dupree to a huge contract

And that's not counting the Beasley and Clowney bust signing's
Let’s not forget the list of washed up free agent moves like Vic Beasly, Blaine Gabbert, Matt Castle, and Eric Decker to name a few.

Not regularly. I live just north of Chatt. But I still watch every game, and have since they came to TN.
exactly... nobody wants to take the time and effort to attend a game damn well knowing the team is not competitive... nobody wants to watch mw7 look stupid and lose games 'just to see and get a better draft pick' especially while team is dominating the afcs.... indy never apologized for the decade where they were the only decent team in afcs they just used it to set up their Owl attempts... they were successful 1 time IIRC

Titans only need to get 'hot' once

harsh but fair assessment

Let’s not forget the list of washed up free agent moves like Vic Beasly, Blaine Gabbert, Matt Castle, and Eric Decker to name a few.
I still remember the win & in w17 game where Titans waited till my ass was stuck in traffic heading toward stadium in the rain to announce Fing gabbert was starting over Tingles

F..................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you want about Robinsons misses, but some of you have a short memory.

If I had the energy, or actually cared enough to prove it, this is the same fanbase that complained over and over about how we were never active in the FA.

It's just too bad that most of his FA signings sucked or didn't pan out.

It was fun. He just kept striking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you want about Robinsons misses, but some of you have a short memory.

If I had the energy, or actually cared enough to prove it, this is the same fanbase that complained over and over about how we were never active in the FA.

It's just too bad that most of his FA signings sucked or didn't pan out.

It was fun. He just kept striking out.
I would argue better to not make a FA move than a bad one that burns cap money like wildfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back