Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt like the Julio Jones trade, in fact I showed stats of WRs coming off injuries at his age and the massive decline in numbers in the Julio Jones trade thread... BUT, I also said then... I don't blame him for the trade, we have a window that is open right now and could close any time, so taking a shot is worth taking, even if it doesnt work out.

Agreed and on top of that, I wanted to add that I feel like JRob got complacent in his job. He made all of the bad choices he did and still felt like he was safe forever. Especially after getting that extension back in February. I bet that pink slip was a total mind F for him yesterday.
All three of his chins probably hit the floor…lol

I didnt like the Julio Jones trade, in fact I showed stats of WRs coming off injuries at his age and the massive decline in numbers in the Julio Jones trade thread... BUT, I also said then... I don't blame him for the trade, we have a window that is open right now and could close any time, so taking a shot is worth taking, even if it doesnt work out.
I can agree somewhat with what you’re saying. The problem is when almost every move you make is taking a “shot”.

I’m an entrepreneur and believe me I have taken my fair share of shots in my business career. But they have been well thought out and calculated based on risk vs reward and I make sure I know where my total downside lies. I’ve hit way more than I’ve missed because of this approach.

Jrob seems to have gotten to where he was just throwing darts and hoping for the next big score, regardless of the potential downside. He missed, more than he hit lately and therefore lost his job.

He got too brazen and reckless, seemed to have gotten away from the philosophy that made him successful early on.

AAS runs a company and she wants that company to compete at an elite level. AAS saw her team embarrassed on national TV for the 2nd time this yr and realized that her team is not elite. She called Vrable in on Monday and asks Vrable what he needed to make the team really SB ready and Vrable's simple answer was better players.

I was shocked at what went on yesterday, but can totally understand from a business standpoint that if you see the personnel in your company getting worse then you get rid of the person making the personnel decisions. Is it a guaranteed that the next GM will do better? NO... but AAS obviously felt that doing nothing wasn't going to be the answer.

other than the complete football 101 moves robinson did early to flip the roster he has only had a few good moves

trade for T17 & the reach for simmons in round 1

I was not a fan of either move at the time IIRC

not saying some minor signings did not work out along the way but almost all the other big moves were not successful IMO. letting conklin walk, basically all draft picks & high profile FA signings

Autry may have been the best free agent move he made. But clearly Julio, Vic Beasley, Clowney, and to be honest when you consider the money and the missed games Bud Dupree all big ticket items and money out Amy's pocket and factor in the blown early picks in the draft, you see why she did it.

I would argue better to not make a FA move than a bad one that burns cap money like wildfire.

It happens. It happened too much with Jrob and he's not here anymore.

They are good when they work out and bad when they don't.

That being said, there were times a lot of fans wondered if this team was even trying to improve.

Autry may have been the best free agent move he made. But clearly Julio, Vic Beasley, Clowney, and to be honest when you consider the money and the missed games Bud Dupree all big ticket items and money out Amy's pocket and factor in the blown early picks in the draft, you see why she did it.
Geez…. I almost forgot all about Clowney. Got to add him to the long list of money down the toilet free agent signings.

Is it any wonder that we didn’t have money for guys like AJ Brown or Conklin?

Bud changes the defense. I really wish he could stay healthy

"The Titans generated the ninth-highest winning percentage (.606) in the NFL since 2016, when Robinson took over a club that finished last in the AFC South the previous two campaigns."

Jrob did a good job rebuilding the Titans. But too many misses lead to a stagnant roster and bad cap situation... I liked Jrob and am surprised to see him fired but maybe it really was time now that I think about it more.

Adam Humphries, Woods, Cameron Wake, Kendall Lamb, Ty Sambralio, Jonathon Joseph….. The more I think about it, the more depressed I get.

Who did he hit on in free agency lately? Autry, Saffold? No wonder we have CAP issues and can’t sign our own guys when the time comes.

And the more surprised I am that we have been as good as we have!

Adam Humphries, Woods, Cameron Wake, Kendall Lamb, Ty Sambralio, Jonathon Joseph….. The more I think about it, the more depressed I get.

Who did he hit on in free agency lately? Autry, Saffold? No wonder we have CAP issues and can’t sign our own guys when the time comes.

And the more surprised I am that we have been as good as we have!
Was Ben Jones JRob?

those 2 things are contradictory

i would not enjoy baseball if i struck out 90% of the time

nor would i enjoy watching the team strike out 90% of the time

It was fun, while it was happening

He stuck out, so it was no longer fun

Free agency and results of the free agency (games) are on 2 different timelines

It happens. It happened too much with Jrob and he's not here anymore.

They are good when they work out and bad when they don't.

That being said, there were times a lot of fans wondered if this team was even trying to improve.
they were not basically from when fishface forced out Reese to robinson becoming GM

"The Titans generated the ninth-highest winning percentage (.606) in the NFL since 2016, when Robinson took over a club that finished last in the AFC South the previous two campaigns."

Jrob did a good job rebuilding the Titans. But too many misses lead to a stagnant roster and bad cap situation... I liked Jrob and am surprised to see him fired but maybe it really was time now that I think about it more.
fishface would be a legend if Titans would have fired him instead of Reese back in the day... as is he overstayed by a decade or so IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back