Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re in agreement. I honestly couldn’t remember and it one of the few moves overall that paid off.

It’s almost big reward when it pays off but total bust when it doesn’t with JRobs moves. He’s had way more of the latter.
At least he tried! D blew chunks getting to QB, he splashed FA like we wanted, and Clowncar and Beasless cashed checks and that was all. Shipped Conk to do it (coming off injury). Then Julio with AJ Superman crew… yup… Duds. Tammy was a steal, but we had to pay the man.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that a lot of people forget is that the players have the final say in where they sign as free agents… why would Foreman want to stay with the Titans when he knows he is always going to be the second fiddle to Henry.
Because he went to Carolina to be an even bigger second fiddle to McCaffrey. If he hadn't been traded, Foreman would have rot on the bench.

I keep seeing people, mostly the corny ass, bush league media that flanks this team, put the LT situation all on Jrob which is ridiculous.

LT was not a hole going into the season. Lewan goes down day 1. You aren't getting much better than a Dennis Daley to come in midseason and to plug a hole on the most important position on the offensive line.

Guess you could argue that Lewan was obviously injury prone and washed at this point and that he should have moved on from him during the offseason, but didn't exactly hear people chirping about that heading into this season. Let's not act like Robinson thought Daley was actually good lol.
GoT predicted TL77 to go down game 1 for the season... I was wrong by a game

I rarely make these claims but yes it was obvious TL77 was gonna lay down this year

This is ridiculous. Not necessarily the decision to move on from Robinson- Adams has control of the team and every right to do so- but the timing.

Robinson was hired after the 2015 season, and he drafted 3 all pros in his first year. So the excuse that the GM needs time to scout and prepare doesn't make much sense. This was a huge decision made for a petty reason, and it's not like quality candidates don't notice that- as well as the very high bar set by the guy they're trying to replace
1200px-Randy_Bullock_2021_09-19.jpg

Dude would prefer to hang in Jam in Van vs earning his paycheck. One reason why I’m cool with Jrob getting axed! Talking LT PED penalty boy!

A lot of people say that trading AJ Brown to the Eagles sealed Robinson's fate there. That is just the main reason but many other reasons seemed to doom him as well.

A lot of people say that trading AJ Brown to the Eagles sealed Robinson's fate there. That is just the main reason but many other reasons seemed to doom him as well.
I honestly don’t think it was AJ. We simply couldn’t afford him. Great player, but not at $25,000,000. His replacement is a great player too! At a rookie deal. This firing is an in house thing. Panda started this, and being shown up by AJ ended it. Think Jrob didn’t communicate with Vrabel, and panties were soiled, and it was a bridge too far. The OL is was did him in.

Titans need to have superior OL to succeed! End of story! Also, I approve of the style of choice. Control, dominance, boring! It wins. These fire starter high octane teams get broken when faced with it when it’s carried out in all its glory. Just my thoughts. Need a great D though to make it work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d love to hear who you geniuses think is going to come in and do an exponentially better job.

And this fucking joke where everyone is now citing all of the guy’s misses while ignoring all of his hits, of which he had more of the latter.

We’re in agreement. I honestly couldn’t remember and it one of the few moves overall that paid off.

It’s almost big reward when it pays off but total bust when it doesn’t with JRobs moves. He’s had way more of the latter.

Has he? Trades/FA signings that he hit on in his tenure:

DeMarco Murray
Ben Jones
Dennis Kelly
Rishard Matthews
Logan Ryan
Malcolm Butler
Ryan Tannehill
Kenny Vacarro
Janoris Jenkins
Roger Saffold
Denico Autry
Bud Dupree (when he’s on the field)
Austin Hooper
Dontrelle Hilliard
D’Onta Foreman

Not to mention the countless other UDFA and PS players that he’s brought in and had success. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple major ones as well.

This revisionist history around here is hilarious. God, I love sports fandom.

Austin Johnson may not have been a 2nd round talent, but he was hardly a bust.

Tajae Sharpe was a 5th round pick and we got more mileage than one could reasonably expect out of him. Not a bust at all. And it’s hard to call anything after the 5th round a bust.
Like I said, an in office deal. He was in the “office” now isn’t.

DeMarco Murray
Ben Jones
Dennis Kelly
Rishard Matthews
Logan Ryan
Malcolm Butler
Ryan Tannehill
Kenny Vacarro
Janoris Jenkins
Roger Saffold
Denico Autry
Austin Hooper
Dontrelle Hilliard
D’Onta Foreman

Not to mention the countless other UDFA and PS players that he’s brought in and had success. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple major ones as well.

DeMarco Murray
Ben Jones
Dennis Kelly
Rishard Matthews
Logan Ryan
Malcolm Butler
Ryan Tannehill
Kenny Vacarro
Janoris Jenkins
Roger Saffold
Denico Autry
Austin Hooper
Dontrelle Hilliard
D’Onta Foreman

Jackrabbit and bud were/are ass. Hooper has been super underwhelming. The rest I'll give you, but then there's:

Beasley
Farely
Wilson
Clowney
Evans
Jones
All of our kickers
AJ trade
Woods
Randunz
Dodd
Decker

Meanwhile we are in cap hell, with nothing to show for it. Oh and AJ, Foreman, Conklin, Saffold and Kelly are all contributing elsewhere, and we currently have holes in all of those positions.

other than the complete football 101 moves robinson did early to flip the roster he has only had a few good moves

trade for T17 & the reach for simmons in round 1

I was not a fan of either move at the time IIRC

not saying some minor signings did not work out along the way but almost all the other big moves were not successful IMO. letting conklin walk, basically all draft picks & high profile FA signings

JRob started with "king's ransom" draft capital. And truthfully how he spent it was average at best. But this was his first GM job. He was slightly above average at his best and that was 3 years ago. He destroyed the OL- I mean like he could not have done a worse job with the OL. And he when he did hit on some talent- he got all hardazz with them and let them walk. Just not a formula to assemble a perennial front runner team.

And BTW- I know this is hard to swallow but end of this year.........FULL.REBUILD.MODE. Get ready for tankola next year and some off season trades/cuts.

DeMarco Murray
Ben Jones
Dennis Kelly
Rishard Matthews
Logan Ryan
Malcolm Butler
Ryan Tannehill
Kenny Vacarro
Janoris Jenkins
Roger Saffold
Denico Autry
Austin Hooper
Dontrelle Hilliard
D’Onta Foreman

Recency bias plays a big role here. Robinson started out hot and started to cool year after year. What sealed his doom is lack of communication with ownership and totally letting two position groups slide into disaster - OL and WR. It isn’t right to say JR was a total bust and killed the club, but it’s also fair to say the main roster weaknesses that are holding us back from being competitive with the stronger teams is squarely on his shoulders. To me, the best analogy is he was a long ball hitter with a .250 avg but 30 HR.

I think the fan's assessment of Robinson's performance has more to do with the fan's expectations than it does Robinson's performance.

He butted heads with people and he's gone. And that is fine. But looking at the rest of the league, most of the best teams in the league miss a lot in the draft. And there have been some recent drafts where something like 10 out of 32 players sign a second deal with their drafted team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back