Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but even if that’s the case, shouldn’t Robinson get a chance to navigate the franchise out of this “mess” (a term that should be used loosely here?) I mean, GM’s that can win like this don’t exactly grow on trees.
AAS didn't think he should, and like it or not, it is her decision to make. Time will tell if she was right, but at least she is being proactive in improving her franchise.

Next man up.

I still like the philosophy of Henry running the ball for us, BUT we do need to modernize our offense to where we have a good passing game. No more of the running it 40 times a game. Pass Pass to set up the run.

need to be able to punish teams that decide to put 8 on DH22 & m2m every useless potential pass target...

post smith Titans have not proven they can do that with any consistency

LOL

2022 robinson will not be missed

Sometimes GMs, like players have subpar years. But in saying that, it’s looking like this year’s draft is going pay dividends. The top 3 picks are starting on this team and doing decent with more ceiling.

I think any way you look at it, it was a knee-jerk move. They just extended the guy 10 months ago.

Sometimes GMs, like players have subpar years. But in saying that, it’s looking like this year’s draft is going pay dividends. The top 3 picks are starting on this team and doing decent with more ceiling.

I think any way you look at it, it was a knee-jerk move. They just extended the guy 10 months ago.
So.....you are Clearly Team JRob

After a few days thinking about it...

I am almost certain that there was some kind of internal issue that caused the mid-season trigger pull. Yes, the roster seemed headed in the wrong direction this year... But there was probably some kind of issue in the office or related to staff that contributed to this. We may never know, but I will not be surprised to find that somebody is entering a dependacy treatment facility or paying out a lawsuit in the next few years.

I am almost certain that there was some kind of internal issue that caused the mid-season trigger pull. Yes, the roster seemed headed in the wrong direction this year... But there was probably some kind of issue in the office or related to staff that contributed to this. We may never know, but I will not be surprised to find that somebody is entering a dependacy treatment facility or paying out a lawsuit in the next few years.

Or Robinson just got heated and said something he shouldn’t have to the wrong person (i.e. AAS).

Like PK said on his story covering this subject, it's very strange that Amy would pull this move and then not personally have a presser to talk about it. Instead she hung Vrabel out to dry, and left him alone to attempt answering the media's questions. She REALLY doesn't want to talk about it which says to me she is pissed about something.

I think it was caculated and justified based on the current state of the team

OL is bad on its best day, K is bad and has been for years, DBs are bad but sometimes covered by pass rush, WRs are bad with the best of the lot being unable to see the field on the regular, TEs are bad which is inexcusable on Titans roster... TE should always be a priority

The only good positions are QB, RB & DL and LB is not awful

you clearly think otherwise

and most have given credit to robinson on T17 acquisition & DH22 and DL but to ignore disgrace that is the OL & WRs is wrong IMO

Ok, but even if that’s the case, shouldn’t Robinson get a chance to navigate the franchise out of this “mess” (a term that should be used loosely here?) I mean, GM’s that can win like this don’t exactly grow on trees.
It’s a fair argument. He got us into the Mess and was held accountable with his job.

My personal take is that I’m ok with the firing but I would have been ok if he was given another year.
His good moves early on bought him some leniency on the bad moves. Over the past 2-3 years, the bad moves have outweighed the good. AAS said that’s enough, if I was in the position, I may have given 1 more year, if continued downward spiral happened, he’d have to go.

JRob did not ignore the OL and was trying to plan for Lewan's replacement by drafting Wilson and then when that failed he drafted Radunz. JRob has not been oblivious to our teams needs. He has just made bad choices.
I think he drafted Wilson to replace Conklin, not Lewan.
Radunz might have been the lewan replacement.
2x big fail though.

It’s a fair argument. He got us into the Mess and was held accountable with his job.

My personal take is that I’m ok with the firing but I would have been ok if he was given another year.
His good moves early on bought him some leniency on the bad moves. Over the past 2-3 years, the bad moves have outweighed the good. AAS said that’s enough, if I was in the position, I may have given 1 more year, if continued downward spiral happened, he’d have to go.
I think its all tied into this 'load management' nonsense ....

based on nothing but me thinking that

Like PK said on his story covering this subject, it's very strange that Amy would pull this move and then not personally have a presser to talk about it. Instead she hung Vrabel out to dry, and left him alone to attempt answering the media's questions. She REALLY doesn't want to talk about it which says to me she is pissed about something.

Is it? Outside of Jerry Jones, how often do owners have pressers?

That is PK continuing to think the world revolves around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back