Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't she been in a presser every time we've had a change in positions HC and up?

Jon Robinson had the press conference when they fired Mularkey and when they hired Vrabel. I think she might have introduced Jon Robinson.

But I certainly don't think it is standard fare for the owner to speak publicly.

Jon Robinson had the press conference when they fired Mularkey and when they hired Vrabel. I think she might have introduced Jon Robinson.

But I certainly don't think it is standard fare for the owner to speak publicly.

Pretty sure she introduced Vrabel in the presser along with Robinson. Could be misremembering though.

And BTW- I know this is hard to swallow but end of this year.........FULL.REBUILD.MODE. Get ready for tankola next year and some off season trades/cuts.
Yeah it kinda feels that way, maybe give it one more kick at the can with henry and tanne, but we'll be back at square 1 pretty soon.

Yeppers, yet another bust by JRob, and a shining example of why he was shown the door. It's hard to have money to re-sign his few good picks (ahem AJB) when you have guys like this on the roster.

This one is almost as bad as the Fat Panda.
Maybe worse because A) His injury history was extensive and B) He wasn’t terribly productive in college.

I think he drafted Wilson to replace Conklin, not Lewan.
Radunz might have been the lewan replacement.
2x big fail though.
With the exception of Tristan Wirfs that 2020 OT class was absolutely terrible. Wilson wasn’t the only bust from that group and you’d be hard pressed to find an OT taken after him that has been close to starter caliber in the league. Just a bad year to be drafting for need.

With the exception of Tristan Wirfs that 2020 OT class was absolutely terrible. Wilson wasn’t the only bust from that group and you’d be hard pressed to find an OT taken after him that has been close to starter caliber in the league. Just a bad year to be drafting for need.
I wouldn’t disagree with this take if Wilson was just a weak/bad RT.

He couldn’t make the PS. He still made himself an off the field problem.

He was so bad, Vrabel and Co. didn’t even want to give him the opportunity to fail.
That may not seem that bad in 2020, but look who Vrabel and co. Are allowing to fail time and time again now. It’s almost like every week, we see how bad Wilson must have been and it gets worse every time THill runs for his life.

Let me present a reason for JRobs demise that I have not yet seen mentioned.
It was Tannehill's total collapse against the Bengals that sealed Robinson's fate.
IMO the Titans had the team fully capable of winning it all last year and they hit the play-offs healthy. If they get by the Bengals I believe they beat the Chiefs, and then the Rams (easily).
Tannehill's 3rd interception sealed Jon's fate.
If the Titans win the Superbowl he still has a job, even with a subpar season, draft, horrible trade, etc...

Let me present a reason for JRobs demise that I have not yet seen mentioned.
It was Tannehill's total collapse against the Bengals that sealed Robinson's fate.
IMO the Titans had the team fully capable of winning it all last year and they hit the play-offs healthy. If they get by the Bengals I believe they beat the Chiefs, and then the Rams (easily).
Tannehill's 3rd interception sealed Jon's fate.
If the Titans win the Superbowl he still has a job, even with a subpar season, draft, horrible trade, etc...
Not sure it had much to do with Tannehill. Tanney is considered by most as one of JR’s wins. You are right though that had we won the Super Bowl JR would most likely still be employed.

Former titans special teamer Darren Bates has youtube channel called the RawRoom and they had Turron Davenport on as a guest to discuss the Jrob firing. Worth a listen IMO since TD is the only titans beat reporter worth listening to.

I touched on this when it first went down but feel even more certain that AAS is more influenced by fans than most NFL owners.

From what I’ve heard, she listens to sports talk radio and attends tailgates at away games. She does a pretty good job keeping her finger on the pulse of Titans fans.

The Titans are making a push now to get PSL owners to renew for 2023. The deadline to renew at this season’s prices is next week. No doubt she’s heard many pissed fans over JRob’s blunders who weren’t going to renew unless changes were coming.

AAS wanted to send a statement and did.

Also, the Metro Council was to vote on the terms for the new stadium Tuesday night. It was deferred but I wonder if it influenced the timing of JRob’s firing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she is listening to fans, Downing should have been fired already. Like 1/10th of fans were talking about JRob, 100% of fans do not like Downing and are begging for him to be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back