Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to love the comment about winning the division 3 years in a row...in a division with Jags, Texans and Colts....whoopity doo... someone has to win it...

Got to love the comment about winning the division 3 years in a row...in a division with Jags, Texans and Colts....whoopity doo... someone has to win it...
We have been in the same division for a very long time. How often have we won the division against the Jags, Texans, and Colts, 4 years in a row?

Let me also say, I said on this board many years ago... All I care about is a championship. We have literally done everything else. I dont get excited for playoffs, I dont get excited for win streaks. I want to win a championship and want them to do whatever it takes to get there. But let's not act like we havent been a really solid team for awhile. We just arent a championship winning team.

I keep seeing people, mostly the corny ass, bush league media that flanks this team, put the LT situation all on Jrob which is ridiculous.

LT was not a hole going into the season. Lewan goes down day 1. You aren't getting much better than a Dennis Daley to come in midseason and to plug a hole on the most important position on the offensive line.

Guess you could argue that Lewan was obviously injury prone and washed at this point and that he should have moved on from him during the offseason, but didn't exactly hear people chirping about that heading into this season. Let's not act like Robinson thought Daley was actually good lol.

I keep seeing people put the LT situation all on Jrob which is ridiculous.

LT was not a hole going into the season. Lewan goes down day 1. You aren't getting much better than a Dennis Daley to come in midseason and to plug a hole on the most important position on the offensive line.

Guess you could argue that Lewan was obviously injury prone and washed at this point and that he should have moved on from him during the offseason, but didn't exactly hear people chirping about that heading into this season. Let's not act like Robinson thought Daley was actually good lol.
He traded a draft pick for Daley. He obviously thought he was starting caliber, else he could have signed someone off the street or a practice squad without giving away anything. Cryin’ Jon didn’t have a clue and it’s why he’s now unemployed.

I keep seeing people, mostly the corny ass, bush league media that flanks this team, put the LT situation all on Jrob which is ridiculous.

Titans gave up a 2024 5th rd pick for a 2024 7th round pick and a giant liability to THill’s health, really before the season ended or at the moment most teams cut all the players from preseason that aren’t gonna cut it.

Despite the late round draft numbers involved, I’ve never felt so fleeced in my life. Even the Vikings that traded for Hershel Walker are asking WTH is JRob doing.

This is ridiculous. Not necessarily the decision to move on from Robinson- Adams has control of the team and every right to do so- but the timing.

Robinson was hired after the 2015 season, and he drafted 3 all pros in his first year. So the excuse that the GM needs time to scout and prepare doesn't make much sense. This was a huge decision made for a petty reason, and it's not like quality candidates don't notice that- as well as the very high bar set by the guy they're trying to replace

I’ve got to think that the lack of a Simmons deal getting done also wasn’t sitting well with AAS. She loves BIG JEFF and does not want his negotiations screwed up… maybe she knew that JRob and Simmons agent had an unrepairable relationship and that a deal couldn’t get done between them. Bring in a new negotiator to get it done.

Yes, back in 2016. One of Jrobs early free agent signings.

That’s why I was saying lately. Other than Autry and Saffold, has any of his recent signings made much of an impact if not been a total bust?
D'Onta Foreman was great for us, but of course he wouldn't pony up 2M to keep him. You think a run first team would want a reliable #2 incase Henry goes down again or to help keep him fresh. Then Hillard could come in on passing downs. But nah. We can pay Swaim 2.7M though.

D'Onta Foreman was great for us, but of course he wouldn't pony up 2M to keep him. You think a run first team would want a reliable #2 incase Henry goes down again or to help keep him fresh. Then Hillard could come in on passing downs. But nah. We can pay Swaim 2.7M though.
Yes true, Foreman was a good pickup. He fit right in with our scheme and system here.

But he was also on the couch mid season with no other interest. I almost want to give Vrabel as much credit for taking another practice squad, off the coach type of player and getting the most out of them. Seems like our whole team has been practice squad guys the past couple years. :facepalm:

One thing that a lot of people forget is that the players have the final say in where they sign as free agents… why would Foreman want to stay with the Titans when he knows he is always going to be the second fiddle to Henry.

Yes, back in 2016. One of Jrobs early free agent signings.

That’s why I was saying lately. Other than Autry and Saffold, has any of his recent signings made much of an impact if not been a total bust?
We’re in agreement. I honestly couldn’t remember and it one of the few moves overall that paid off.

It’s almost big reward when it pays off but total bust when it doesn’t with JRobs moves. He’s had way more of the latter.

One thing that a lot of people forget is that the players have the final say in where they sign as free agents… why would Foreman want to stay with the Titans when he knows he is always going to be the second fiddle to Henry.
Well he did sign as an accepted second fiddle to CMC although he very well could have seen at least a likely injury for a chance, if he didn’t foresee a trade.

I honestly think Tennessee made a decent decision keeping Hilliard. He’s gotta be #2/3 on the team in TDs with as few scored outside Henry.

I’d say Andrew Adams this year was a solid pickup. Buster Skrine last year was a nice addition. Hilliard has finally been the passing back we’ve been looking for. Cunningham was playing well for us last year. Jackrabbit was good at times. I think the two D linemen we added this year have been decent additions for depth, Walker and Edwards. Phat Randy was a thankful find.

I’d say Andrew Adams this year was a solid pickup. Buster Skrine last year was a nice addition. Hilliard has finally been the passing back we’ve been looking for. Cunningham was playing well for us last year. Jackrabbit was good at times. I think the two D linemen we added this year have been decent additions for depth, Walker and Edwards. Phat Randy was a thankful find.
The chargers DB a couple years ago on the 1/2 year loan played well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back