Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team has a chance to go all the way last year.

Warts and all, the team had the roster

The coaching staff then **** the bed. While other RBs were producing, we continued to run Henry (Vrabels man crush) for 20 attempts unsuccessfully at 3.1 per pop while Forman was averaging 16.

We will see if this is about winning or it if it was a power struggle soon enough.

Yup. If you're gonna blame J-Rob for 2022, you have to give him credit for 2021 and the roster that was a number 1 seed without King Henry for over half the year.

lol I saw the thread title and thought troll but color me surprised

he's sat on his laurels these last few years, too many high pick draft busts, and recently mismanaging money.. can't say it wasn't deserved

I don't know how Downing wasn't fired first but whatever, at least we did something

rightly so... mw7 has shown zip

I know. But I'm ok with letting him take his lumps if it means seeing whether or not he can lead this team going forward. Justin Fields was awful last year too, and for the first few games of this year. Now he's starting to come into his own.

Worst case, we're terrible and we'll get a top 5 in 2024 to spend a on a QB.

actually the timing is perfect for front office types removal... plenty of time to suffle whatever needs shuffled before offseason/draft
I think it was also mentioned that Cowden could be highly sought after. Pulling the trigger now ensures he’s onboard in Tennessee at least until an official message at the end of the year which may be just to remove “interim” if that’s even listed now.

Jarred just suggested this could have something to do with the flight back from Green Bay and Jrob approving alcohol on the plane that led to Downings DUI arrest and a forthcoming penalty against the Titans organization. Makes more sense than a lot of theories or why they did this NOW.

Ryan Cowden’s first call should be to OBJ.
OBJ has said that he will not do any workouts during visits. You don't sign somebody coming off an ACL and who says they won't workout for teams. Look at what Jerry, after the Boys meeting, said this morning about the situation.

I cannot be altogether mad at JROB. He did help us change the culture at our lowest possible point..

But think about it.... letting conklin, Jonnu, corey get away. Signing the likes of Vic Beasley, Josh Reynolds who basically skipped out on the team. Missing out on your last 2 first rounders in Isiahz Caleb.. trading away draft capital to land Julio, and then cut him in the next Offseason. And honestly it was dumb as hell signing Amani Hooker to an extension - he is not that good..... trading for Dennis Daley, keeping Geoff Swaim on the roster, parting ways with Khari Blasingame. And the one that probably broke the cancels back.. AJ

All that above said... this was definitely out of left field
His first couple years, I was all in and very happy with team direction and clearly the on field product improvement. Year 3-4 some of the moves started getting very questionable at best and extremely poor at worst.

it’s been said, but the first round pick production has to be a huge piece to his overall failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back