Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it few games ago. The Titans felt like a team that had plateaued with JRob at the helm. Amy is proving that you shouldn't be happy with just winning the AFC South and losing in the first round of the playoffs every year. I wonder if JRob was already writing his apology letter for after the season and figuring out which type of crying would be sufficient.

I wonder if Robinsons IR scheme the last two seasons is partly to blame. Constantly putting “injured” players on IR to rotate the roster but now we have 15 guys on there we can’t bring back that we are paying to do nothing.

I cannot be altogether mad at JROB. He did help us change the culture at our lowest possible point..

But think about it.... letting conklin, Jonnu, corey get away. Signing the likes of Vic Beasley, Josh Reynolds who basically skipped out on the team. Missing out on your last 2 first rounders in Isiahz Caleb.. trading away draft capital to land Julio, and then cut him in the next Offseason. And honestly it was dumb as hell signing Amani Hooker to an extension - he is not that good..... trading for Dennis Daley, keeping Geoff Swaim on the roster, parting ways with Khari Blasingame. And the one that probably broke the cancels back.. AJ

All that above said... this was definitely out of left field

Adams continues to demonstrate that she will not tolerate the Titans simply being "good." She fired Mularkey because he appeared to plateau in terms of what he could accomplish and has now fired Robinson for basically the same thing it appears. Just a winning record isn't enough.

The spotlight now goes to Vrabel as I have no doubt he'll get more say in personnel decisions. With that though, Vrabel better produce in the coming seasons or I'd imagine he'll be out of a job if the Titans do not become "great."

You were just lying to yourself. He sucked. There were a few of us on here at least that could see the truth

He most certainly did not suck. Inherited. worst team in the league and we haven't had a losing season since he took over.

He's made some questionable decisions in recent years, but he most certainly does not suck. He's the best GM we have had in more than 20 years.

Regardless of what folks think of this move, 4 years pay and "raw deal" do not align LOL.

I have been off of the site for awhile (work has been crazy for a few years now), and had not engaged enough to have an informed opinion on JRob since his early days. I was initially shocked by this, but I get the argument about his plateauing. I was also never a fan of long terming Tannehill after one good season...should have tagged him after 2019 IMO.

It is good to see ownership being somewhat decisive here as well

Got to love how ESPN headline read "Titans fire GM Robinson after lopsided Eagles loss"

I don't think any GM has ever been fired over a single lopsided loss. Let's see how deep these idiots dig to show the real reasons as to why he got fired.

Got to love how ESPN headline read "Titans fire GM Robinson after lopsided Eagles loss"

I don't think any GM has ever been fired over a single lopsided loss. Let's see how deep these idiots dig to show the real reasons as to why he got fired.
ESPN is essentially fake news these days.

Yes and no. Blown early picks and bad free agent choices are obviously a factor. The AJ trade pissed off Vrabel and I think his play Sunday was the final straw.

Also, PSL owners get surveys every Monday. I can imagine the last two weeks of responses has been ripping Robinson big time. The team is wanting PSL owners to buy tixs for 2023 and money talks.
The new stadium absolutely weighed heavily in this decision.

Bold move. I'm guessing the relationship with J-Rob and Vrabel was too damaged to repair. And you can't fire your coach mid season and expect to make the playoffs. Still, it seems like

Todd Downing needs to be the next to go. If Vrabel is protecting him then he can go kick rocks too as far as I'm concerned. This roster needs a shakeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back