Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaaaaannnndddd... I lost by 0.56.

In that league I faced Matthews and Sproles. Lost on the garbage time TD to Kelvin because my opponent had Gano. So he won on the PAT.

B ****ing S.

I gotta ask.... am I the only one not crazy about the defensive scoring setup? Not trying to complain but it just seems so odd to me. IMO points allowed should be more of a factor while points rewarded for things like sack, fumble, safety should be toned down just a bit.

At the end of the day it's no big deal as we all play by the same rules so it's not like anyone is getting a raw deal. I've just always been curious why it was set up in such a radically different way than the norm.

I gotta ask.... am I the only one not crazy about the defensive scoring setup? Not trying to complain but it just seems so odd to me. IMO points allowed should be more of a factor while points rewarded for things like sack, fumble, safety should be toned down just a bit.

At the end of the day it's no big deal as we all play by the same rules so it's not like anyone is getting a raw deal. I've just always been curious why it was set up in such a radically different way than the norm.

Is it really set up differently?

In standard leagues sacks are 1 point, INTs/fumbles are 2 points, and TDs are 6 points.

The Eagles had like what... 5 takeaways, 9 sacks, and a TD? And they had a punt return for a TD which may also count in some formats.

5 takeaways + 9 sacks + TD = 25 points on its own in any league. And then you'd get more for allowing a certain number of points.

Is it really set up differently?

In standard leagues sacks are 1 point, INTs/fumbles are 2 points, and TDs are 6 points.

The Eagles had like what... 5 takeaways, 9 sacks, and a TD? And they had a punt return for a TD which may also count in some formats.

5 takeaways + 9 sacks + TD = 25 points on its own in any league. And then you'd get more for allowing a certain number of points.
Eagles scored 44 points in our league though. And yeah, it's set up way different.

In this league:
- points allowed don't matter unless your D posts a shutout
- you get 2 pts for just forcing a fumble, 1 for recovery
- sacks are 2 points
- safeties are 4 points

It just seems off balance to me. But I'm really not trying to make a big deal here. I'm in 1st with these rules so no skin off my back. Like I said I've just always been curious why it's set up this way.

The defensive scoring seems weird to me too. Since points and yards allowed are basically a non-factor, almost any defense is viable. I remember one week my defense gave up like 49 points, but got some garbage time sacks and boosted their score to double digits.

I originally intended the defensive scoring to actually MATTER. I've been in numerous leagues where the normally score less than 10 points on the norm.

Yes the points allowed thing always bugged me because most the time you can't rely on said team stopping the other pass happy offense for really any points. Even the best defenses get blown up.

Thus I tried to make actual stats from the defense matter. INTs, sacks. So forth.

I get your logic but think maybe now it's skewed a little too far the other direction. I would be in favor of at least some slight modifications but like I said it's ultimately not a huge deal. We all have to play by the same rules no matter what.

I get your logic but think maybe now it's skewed a little too far the other direction. I would be in favor of at least some slight modifications but like I said it's ultimately not a huge deal. We all have to play by the same rules no matter what.

Agreed. I like how defensive stats matter more, but I'd also like to see a penalty for giving up a bunch of yards and TDs. Also, a defense that gives up fewer yards and points should be rewarded.

Say a defense allows just ten points and 250 yards, but only gets one sack and INT in the process. That defense played great, and should get more than 4 points.

Agreed. I like how defensive stats matter more, but I'd also like to see a penalty for giving up a bunch of yards and TDs. Also, a defense that gives up fewer yards and points should be rewarded.

Say a defense allows just ten points and 250 yards, but only gets one sack and INT in the process. That defense played great, and should get more than 4 points.

How often does a team get held to 10 points? Those rules were great in the 90's. Now? If anyone has a moment, can someone count how many 10 point or fewer games there are anymore this season? I'd be willing to situate scoring more based on yards than I would the 10 point archaic rule.

In that case, I would vote to change it.

Roll with standard settings. You should be punished for a defense giving up a lot of points.

2 points for a takeaway, 2 points for a safety, and 1 point for a sack is plenty. That's the standard way. I vote on doing it that way.

How often does a team get held to 10 points? Those rules were great in the 90's. Now? If anyone has a moment, can someone count how many 10 point or fewer games there are anymore this season? I'd be willing to situate scoring more based on yards than I would the 10 point archaic rule.

I just used 10 points as an example. In most leagues I've been in, it goes something like

0 points allowed = 10 points
2-10 points allowed = 7 points
11-16 points allowed = 4 points
17-23 points allowed = 1 point
24-30 points allowed = 0 points
31-37 points allowed = -3 points
38+ points allowed = -5 points

Same for yardage. I'm sure my numbers are off but you get the idea.

0 points score against- 15
10 and fewer-
I just used 10 points as an example. In most leagues I've been in, it goes something like

0 points allowed = 10 points
2-10 points allowed = 7 points
11-16 points allowed = 4 points
17-23 points allowed = 1 point
24-30 points allowed = 0 points
31-37 points allowed = -3 points
38+ points allowed = -5 points

Same for yardage. I'm sure my numbers are off but you get the idea.

This defense is getting zero points more than half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back