Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say give him a little bit more time but may be a good idea to go ahead and contact the 1st person on the waiting list, make sure they're still in and willing to pay dues and all that. That way if he doesn't turn up in time we at least have a replacement locked in so we can go ahead and get this thing going.

If you haven't been on last week and this week of all weeks you're gone

This is the week all forums light up because of the draft

He did mention originally to catch him via emails if he wasn't active. I'll be giving that an honest shot. I've already shot two his way

Also, where did we land on the whole revisiting the defensive scoring setup before next season thing? I seem to recall we said we were going to but I could be mistaken. It still seems really funky to me but if everyone else is cool with it I won't rock the boat.

Also, where did we land on the whole revisiting the defensive scoring setup before next season thing? I seem to recall we said we were going to but I could be mistaken. It still seems really funky to me but if everyone else is cool with it I won't rock the boat.

We had a large discussion regarding this if I remember correctly. if I get some time I will find it and bump what we decided and we can start from there

What if we pushed it more towards yards allowed instead of points?
Under 60 rushing -- 4
Under 100 rushing -- 2
Under 200 passing -- 6
Under 250 passing --4
Under 300 passing --2

Ints -1
Fumbles recovered -1
Sacks -1
TD- 6

Zero points allowed -10
3-10 points allowed -8
13-21 points allowed 4
Zero after 21 points.
No negatives.

Defense is still gonna matter. Maybe not garbage time points but actual stats and yards yes.

I mentioned going to this system for defense

All keepers MUST be marked BY SUNDAY MAY 17th!!!!

The draft will commence on THE 1st OF JUNE.

All Fees ($25 per player) will be due the FIRST OF AUGUST.

This gives everyone time to save some money need be.

I will set up my paypal account and send out the info sometime this coming week.

I mentioned going to this system for defense
I personally would prefer something like that to what we currently have.

I really think it should be more scoring (or yardage) based. With the current setup you could have a defense give up 40+ points but have 6 sacks and 3 fumble recoveries and still score 21 points. And on the flip side you could have a defense allow only 3 points with 4 sacks and 1 fumble recovery and they only get 11 points. That just seems out of whack to me.

But like I said, I'm not trying to rock the boat if everyone else is cool with it. I guess I've just always played with the yahoo scoring defaults so 4 point safeties and 2 point sacks and 3 point fumble recoveries seems pretty radical to me.

All keepers MUST be marked BY SUNDAY MAY 17th!!!!

The draft will commence on THE 1st OF JUNE.

All Fees ($25 per player) will be due the FIRST OF AUGUST.

This gives everyone time to save some money need be.

I will set up my paypal account and send out the info sometime this coming week.
Hell yeah. Can't wait.

Defensive scoring update and example. More along the standard rules but with some spice that allows for the new age game to still make sense for fantasy scoring.

I went ahead and changed it and scaled back dynamic plays. Sacks are only one, fumbles recovered are only 1 and fumbled forced are nothing now.

Ints are game changers and life savers... Dynamic play much stronger than a sack. 2 points.

So say the defense allow 275 yards passing and 98 yards rushing. Allowed 17 points and had 2 sacks and 1 int

275 would get them 2 points for being under 300 yet over 250

98 rushing would be 2 points for under 100.

17 points allowed would give them 5 points for being 21 or under. (Zero points after 21 points allowed btw) I think in today's game 21 points or under is probably a low scoring game.

2 points for sacks, 2 points for the int.

Passing allowed 2
Rushing allowed 2
Points allowed 5
Sacks 2
int 2

Grand total for this defense would be 13 points.

Does this sound reasonable?

A team that allowed only 60 yards rushing and 235 passing would be at 17 points total given everything else was the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back