Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the reasons why I passed on him and the fact that I picked him for all my teams last year and got burned
In round three he's worth taking. He's got the highest upside of what's left on the board but it's risky. The draft is deep enough to make sure to cover your ass tho so even if he doesn't make a huge splash this season you can always start other options.

In round three he's worth taking. He's got the highest upside of what's left on the board but it's risky. The draft is deep enough to make sure to cover your ass tho so even if he doesn't make a huge splash this season you can always start other options.
I almost picked him over Giovanni but ultimately decided that was too risky

I would have had a hard time passing up on him if he came to me in this round. Which would have given me three RBs and 1 wr so I'm kinda glad I dont have to make that decision

RBs are too damn thin always. You can spend a first round pick and still end up with an injury or bust season. Then some no body is going to find the right situation and explode. Happens.every.year.

I would have had a hard time passing up on him if he came to me in this round. Which would have given me three RBs and 1 wr so I'm kinda glad I dont have to make that decision

The WR pool is still pretty deep. And that's with people going off on WR pretty heavy in this draft. I mean I got Watkins in rd 3. Even tho he is a rookie, that was dumb value.

The WR pool is still pretty deep. And that's with people going off on WR pretty heavy in this draft. I mean I got Watkins in rd 3. Even tho he is a rookie, that was dumb value.
That is why I almost went three straight RB but I went Garcon instead which could work out but could not. Same kind of toss up like Martin.

RBs are too damn thin always. You can spend a first round pick and still end up with an injury or bust season. Then some no body is going to find the right situation and explode. Happens.every.year.
Yeah. That's why I typically go WR/WR (or sometimes WR/QB or WR/TE). I mean it's all pretty much a crapshoot, but especially with RB it's a crapshoot. There are usually only 2-4 "sure things" at the position in a given year. And sometimes even they don't pan out like everyone thought. Nowadays more and more teams are doing RBBC. Then there's injuries. And it's also one of those positions where guys can just "lose it" all of a sudden. I rarely feel super-confident about taking a RB in the 1st unless it's just an absolute slam dunk like AP or something.

RB is a position where if a guy is getting the bulk of his team's touches he's most likely going to get you some pretty good points, whether he's a legit superstar or just some no name stopgap. You can't really say the same for WR, TE, or even QB. The talent/production dropoff is much more significant at those other positions as opposed to RB. So if I'm gonna need to beef up a position midseason I'd rather it be RB than one of the other major positions.

Of course with this being dynasty the strategy is a bit different.

Yeah. That's why I typically go WR/WR (or sometimes WR/QB or WR/TE). I mean it's all pretty much a crapshoot, but especially with RB it's a crapshoot. There are usually only 2-4 "sure things" at the position in a given year. And sometimes even they don't pan out like everyone thought. Nowadays more and more teams are doing RBBC. Then there's injuries. And it's also one of those positions where guys can just "lose it" all of a sudden. I rarely feel super-confident about taking a RB in the 1st unless it's just an absolute slam dunk like AP or something.

RB is a position where if a guy is getting the bulk of his team's touches he's most likely going to get you some pretty good points, whether he's a legit superstar or just some no name stopgap. You can't really say the same for WR, TE, or even QB. The talent/production dropoff is much more significant at those other positions as opposed to RB. So if I'm gonna need to beef up a position midseason I'd rather it be RB than one of the other major position.

Of course with this being dynasty the strategy is a bit different.

I tend to always draft against the grain. I've went Tom Brady in the first round and made it to the championship on the back of Alfred Morris his rookie season because I had him pegged as a shanahan 1000 yard RB. I didn't even bother drafting him. I picked him up right after the draft as a FA. IMO, it's all abut finding that sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back