Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariota, The Victim Of Poor Offensive Sets And Fake NFL News

Mike Vrabel is not a head coach (offensively speaking) by any stretch of the imagination let alone someone with the (offensive) credentials in critiquing and scrutinizing Marcus Mariota. Tell me of all the years (offensively) that never was? How he came up an (offensive) ladder to reach this level? No, he didn't work his way up to the NFL, Mr. Skip Steps gave him the job. Quite frankly, (offensively speaking), he doesn't belong here. He out right doesn't have the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in offensive activities. How is it that we hear all this propaganda BS about Mariota who deserves to be here and yet hear nothing about offensive coach Vrabel who does not? Who is there to bench him, anybody? Better yet, who is there to bench the two that put him there? Well I bench them all, folks.

Let's look at this man's coaching experience. Vrabel was a defensive player in the NFL. He jumped right into the coaching ranks as a LBs coach for the college that he attended and did that for one year. He was moved to DL coach the following year and left. Then he leaps to the NFL as a LBs coach for three years and was a DC for one year and left. The Tennessee Titans hire him as their head coach. He's incognizant! As you can see, Vrabel has absolutely no experience or even knows what he is doing offensively. It's like tell me what to do, right? The man is as green as it gets in running an offense and it shows. Quite simply, a man with no offensive skills or related coaching experience would not know what he's doing especially when it comes to the ability to understand or comprehend the style characteristics of a QB and how that weighs in to hiring a QC & OC. The man ruined a good thing we had going with Mariota.

And what? The Titans organization expected him to make Mariota their franchise QB? Are you serious? How? By trial and error? Lol. Well let's take a look at his OC.

North Carolina (2006)
Graduate assistant

Washington Redskins (2007–2008)
Defensive quality assistant

Ole Miss (2010)
Defensive intern & administrative assistant

Tennessee Titans (2011)
Defensive quality control coach

Tennessee Titans (2012)
Offensive quality control coach

Tennessee Titans (2013)
Offensive line & tight ends assistant

Tennessee Titans (2014–2015)
Assistant tight ends coach

Tennessee Titans (2016–2018)
Tight ends coach

Tennessee Titans (2019–present)
Offensive coordinator

Although Arthur Smith has some experience offensively in a small capacity he is lacking as a QB coach and as a play caller. Plus, his signature offense is nowhere close in tapping into what the Titans needed to make Mariota their franchise QB. What? Is this suppose to be funny? Another greenhorn performing a job that he is not qualified to do. A HC and OC wearing shoes too big for their feet. Yet we don't hear anything about that from analysts who consider themselves experts when it comes to the Titans offense and the benching of Mariota. They pinned all of its woes on him. This offense cannot build leads, sustain drives or even score in the first half. They are consistently pathetic!

It's unheard of and utterly absurd that a HC would bench a Heisman winner in favor of a greenhorn OC that he hired. Lol Who would do that? But what really gets me is who hired Vrabel and who hired him? Vrabel keeps Mariota on the sideline scapegoating him for the entire season? Sorry, but franchise you're the problem and you've been Mariota's worst nightmare.

Mike Vrabel is not a head coach (offensively speaking) by any stretch of the imagination let alone someone with the (offensive) credentials in critiquing and scrutinizing Marcus Mariota. Tell me of all the years (offensively) that never was? How he came up an (offensive) ladder to reach this level? No, he didn't work his way up to the NFL, Mr. Skip Steps gave him the job. Quite frankly, (offensively speaking), he doesn't belong here. He out right doesn't have the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in offensive activities. How is it that we hear all this propaganda BS about Mariota who deserves to be here and yet hear nothing about offensive coach Vrabel who does not? Who is there to bench him, anybody? Better yet, who is there to bench the two that put him there? Well I bench them all, folks.

Let's look at this man's coaching experience. Vrabel was a defensive player in the NFL. He jumped right into the coaching ranks as a LBs coach for the college that he attended and did that for one year. He was moved to DL coach the following year and left. Then he leaps to the NFL as a LBs coach for three years and was a DC for one year and left. The Tennessee Titans hire him as their head coach. He's incognizant! As you can see, Vrabel has absolutely no experience or even knows what he is doing offensively. It's like tell me what to do, right? The man is as green as it gets in running an offense and it shows. Quite simply, a man with no offensive skills or related coaching experience would not know what he's doing especially when it comes to the ability to understand or comprehend the style characteristics of a QB and how that weighs in to hiring a QC & OC. The man ruined a good thing we had going with Mariota.

And what? The Titans organization expected him to make Mariota their franchise QB? Are you serious? How? By trial and error? Lol. Well let's take a look at his OC.

North Carolina (2006)
Graduate assistant

Ole Miss (2010)

Tennessee Titans (2011)

Tennessee Titans (2012)

Tennessee Titans (2013)

Tight ends coach

Offensive coordinator

Although Arthur Smith has some experience offensively in a small capacity he is lacking as a QB coach and as a play caller. Plus, his signature offense is nowhere close in tapping into what the Titans needed to make Mariota their franchise QB. What? Is this suppose to be funny? Another greenhorn performing a job that he is not qualified to do. A HC and OC wearing shoes too big for their feet. Yet we don't hear anything about that from analysts who consider themselves experts when it comes to the Titans offense and the benching of Mariota. They pinned all of its woes on him. This offense cannot build leads, sustain drives or even score in the first half. They are consistently pathetic!

It's unheard of and utterly absurd that a HC would bench a Heisman winner in favor of a greenhorn OC that he hired. Lol Who would do that? But what really gets me is who hired Vrabel and who hired him? Vrabel keeps Mariota on the sideline scapegoating him for the entire season? Sorry, but franchise you're the problem and you've been Mariota's worst nightmare.

For all of you who dont want to read this insane post...

to sum it up..

Mariota is a terrible qb and screwed every coach that has tried to work with him.

As far as Arthur Smith not having any experience as OC prior... OCs have to start somewhere and rarely just begin as an OC.

Position coaches, on the other hand... gotta be experienced and knowledgeable of the position they coach.

Like say... a former TE Coach becoming a QB Coach... that's bad. And beyond stupid.

North Carolina (2006)
Graduate assistant

Ole Miss (2010)

Tennessee Titans (2011)

Tennessee Titans (2012)

Tennessee Titans (2013)

Tight ends coach

Offensive coordinator

Let me see if I have your logic correct.

Multiple coaches that you believe are unqualified benched Mariota unfairly, and got a better result with the replacement, Tannehill. For that reason you want to "bench" the coaches?

Is the coach's job to get team results or to maximize Mariota's career?

to sum it up..

Mariota is a terrible qb and screwed every coach that has tried to work with him.
Insane post? That's not going to cut it anymore especially after having been beat at HOME by the Texans. Let's face it, Tannehill isn't the answer either. As for the coaches, the same braintrust that hired Vrabel hired them.

Let me see if I have your logic correct.

Multiple coaches that you believe are unqualified benched Mariota unfairly, and got a better result with the replacement, Tannehill. For that reason you want to "bench" the coaches?

Is the coach's job to get team results or to maximize Mariota's career?
They weren't qualified in the first place to even be on the sideline let alone bench Mariota. Tannehill had a quarter and a half against the Broncos and gave us the same result, 0 points. Mariota can do what Tannehill has done, after all he was to be our franchise QB.

No, what I'm saying is Vrabel is an outstanding defensive coach with tons of experience and that the Titans should hold on to him in that capacity. However, he's been assigned a position that is totally unfair to himself, the players and the fans. It's like taking a guy off the street and making him head coach. He has no offensive experience and is unfairly being asked to do something he's not capable or qualified to do. Quite frankly, it's over his head. And here we are riding along with him trying to understand why the quality of our offense is so awful compared to a few years ago when Mariota built leads, sustained drives and won important games. If Tannehill is better then why aren't we doing this?

My previous post points out why in detail.

Everybody wants Vrabel to succeed but he's just not at the level he needs to be to win important games. He doesn't know how and it hurts all of us. It has to do with his knowledge of the game on the offensive side of the ball. As for Mariota, this coaching change has certainly been unfair to his aspirations in Nashville because he relies on a particular style offense that Vrabel was too incompetent in giving him. It's not his fault for not getting it done. He shouldn't have been hired as a head coach period. Tannehill is carrying both Vrabel and Smith on his shoulders and has done a fabulous job keeping us in the games solely on his leadership abilities.

I think it's safe to say that anybody that's been following the Titans will tell ya that they have no confidence in this offense.

They weren't qualified in the first place to even be on the sideline let alone bench Mariota. Tannehill had a quarter and a half against the Broncos and gave us the same result, 0 points. Mariota can do what Tannehill has done, after all he was to be our franchise QB.

No, what I'm saying is Vrabel is an outstanding defensive coach with tons of experience and that the Titans should hold on to him in that capacity. However, he's been assigned a position that is totally unfair to himself, the players and the fans. It's like taking a guy off the street and making him head coach. He has no offensive experience and is unfairly being asked to do something he's not capable or qualified to do. Quite frankly, it's over his head. And here we are riding along with him trying to understand why the quality of our offense is so awful compared to a few years ago when Mariota built leads, sustained drives and won important games. If Tannehill is better then why aren't we doing this?

Everybody wants Vrabel to succeed but he's just not at the level he needs to be to win important games. He doesn't know how and it hurts all of us. It has to do with his knowledge of the game on the offensive side of the ball. As for Mariota, this coaching change has certainly been unfair to his aspirations in Nashville because he relies on a particular style offense that Vrabel was too incompetent in giving him. It's not his fault for not getting it done. He shouldn't have been hired as a head coach period. Tannehill is carrying both Vrabel and Smith on his shoulders and has done a fabulous job keeping us in the games solely on his leadership abilities.

I think it's safe to say that anybody that's been following the Titans will tell ya that they have no confidence in this offense.
Well, Bill Belichick was a WR Coach back in '77 with the Lions. Otherwise he's been involved with Defenses or Special Teams.

Bill Belichick is a Defensive Head Coach .

to sum it up..

@Rwill can you just break down all of his posts? No one comes here to read books

You lost me at "They..."

Well, Bill Belichick was a WR Coach back in '77 with the Lions. Otherwise he's been involved with Defenses or Special Teams.

Bill Belichick is a Defensive Head Coach .
Well I see your point and is a very good one but Belichick also has a brilliant offensive mind. I don't think Vrabel is in the same league.

Your stated opinion doesn't match the facts starting with the Denver game. While there were no points scored, partially because the Defense could play pass first, Tannehill's statistics were better than Mariota's.Titans vs. Broncos - Box Score - October 13, 2019 - ESPN
[QUOTE="WhoopsTitans, post: 1905697, member: Well I see your point and is a very good one but Belichick also has a brilliant offensive mind. I don't think Vrabel is in the same league.[/QUOTE]
Neither was Belichick in the beginning as a head coach in Cleveland. not saying that Vrabel is Belichick But the argument about being unqualified by experience isn't ironclad.

Reading your other post I still get the impression that your biggest problem is benching Mariota. The logic in your argument has a problem, though. First you say Marota can do what Tannehill is doing (but he clearly wasn't) and then you give credit to Tannehill's leadership for the improvement.

Also you say Mariota won "important" games. Every game that Tannehill has started has been important after the 2-4 start or we wouldn't even be in position for you to complain about last week's loss to the Texans.

I hope you feel better after sharing your opinion but I truly doubt if you speak for many when you say "no one" has confidence in the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome back senor loseriota

You are the first person I have ever ignored on a forum ever. Congratulations, that is a achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back