Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for everything Mike Vrabel, it’s time to move on. Boneheaded 4th down decisions all season long have caused this. From the Colts game to the Bills game to today’s game. Your impact on 4th down decisions has costed us 3+ games. Dating back to last season with the 2 point conversion idea against the Chargers. GOOD BYE, GOOD RIDDANCE!
I’ll let you know when vrabel need to be farewell threaded

Vrabel isn’t going anywhere yet.

I like the idea of going for it on 4th but not the play call. I think they were thinking that since the fake punt worked last week, they’d try something similar again but it obviously didn’t work.

I don’t trust Parkey at all. I’m stunned that he was actual good today and made one from 51 which is almost a miracle in itself. Counting on him to hit another one from 48 would have been pushing it.

Just a couple weeks ago we all criticized Vrabel for not going for it and trusting Santos after he had already missed everything in sight. This time at least he realized the odds were probably against Sir Doinks-A-Lot hitting two long FG back to back to back. Baby steps.

The play design is what pisses me off. Kern is to the right of the long snapper (looking from behind) so why would you run him across the face of pretty much every defensive player since they are in a FG defensive formation? To me it would of been much better had he just ran to his right.

Vrabel isn’t going anywhere yet.

I like the idea of going for it on 4th but not the play call. I think they were thinking that since the fake punt worked last week, they’d try something similar again but it obviously didn’t work.

I don’t trust Parkey at all. I’m stunned that he was actual good today and made one from 51 which is almost a miracle in itself. Counting on him to hit another one from 48 would have been pushing it.

Just a couple weeks ago we all criticized Vrabel for not going for it and trusting Santos after he had already missed everything in sight. This time at least he realized the odds were probably against Sir Doinks-A-Lot hitting two long FG back to back to back. Baby steps.
Parkey is 8/11 from 50+ career. He’s actually more reliable further away.
I think he really gets a bad rep due to the highest stage playoff game that he did bad in. Plus, the infamous double doink was tipped.

Parkey is 8/11 from 50+ career. He’s actually more reliable further away.
I think he really gets a bad rep due to the highest stage playoff game that he did bad in. Plus, the infamous double doink was tipped.
He’s been with 5 teams in 6 years. He gets a bad rap because he’s not dependable. But he’s 3 for 3 for us so that’s all I care about!!

Decision was turrible.

Parkey was playing well, so let’s not kick the FG ... yet when santos isn’t playing well, we attempt dumbass FGs. Vrabel has no feel for the game or what is working in critical situations,

And the play call is even more egregious than the decision to go for it ... I would probably be OK going for it and missing if we just put our O out there and ran a normal play.

You don’t give it to your GD punter to pick up 2 yards in a critical situation.

We are lucky they called Kern down. If not that is probably a fumble and returned a long way. Thankfully the D bailed us out there at the end again.

He’s been with 5 teams in 6 years. He gets a bad rap because he’s not dependable. But he’s 3 for 3 for us so that’s all I care about!!
He’s 100/119 FG (84%) and 151/159 XP (95%)

There’s much worse out there.
Last year in Chi, 7-10 30-39 range and 9-12 40-49 range went 42/45 xp.

3 years ago in Cleveland he went 7-12 40-49 range.

Outside those particular numbers, he’s done well. As I stated, he’s also been very accurate 50+.

Playcall might not have been ideal but I like how a lot of y’all have suddenly decided Parkey is guaranteed to hit a FG.
Vrabel let the previous kicker miss 4 times in a row, but has no faith in the kicker who actually made earlier kicks? That kinda highlights the weird seemingly random ideas that Vrabel get.

I have said this before (when we hired Vrabel, and a few times since), but he was not ready to be a Head Coach when we hired him IMO. Back when he was hired I was hoping that we would keep LeBeau on as an assistant Head Coach to mentor him. We did not...

I think that Vrabel is a mixed bag so far. I do like his enthusiasm and ability to work with the players, and it is fun to not always be "playing it safe" as we have in the past. That said, his decision making is rash and often not well vetted. I still chalk it up to his inexperience in the position, which hopefully he gains over time. It has been less than two seasons here, and he is not going anywhere soon IMO.

Vrabel has gambled in every game except the Browns game.

Wk 2/IND: draining 30 secs to punt
Wk 3/JAX: going for 4th/Goal on opening 2nd Half drive
Wk 4/ATL: Not going up 3 scores
Wk 5/BUF: Santos 4th FG
Wk 7/LAC: not challenging 4D spot
Wk 8/TB: Fake FG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back