Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gambling is not the problem. It's Vrabel's complete disregard for the math behind when you should gamble. He's suggested he goes by feel, which is stupid.

Vrabel has gambled in every game except the Browns game.

Wk 2/IND: draining 30 secs to punt
Wk 3/JAX: going for 4th/Goal on opening 2nd Half drive
Wk 4/ATL: Not going up 3 scores
Wk 5/BUF: Santos 4th FG
Wk 7/LAC: not challenging 4D spot
Wk 8/TB: Fake FG
Thing is... I was fine with some of those decisions... right until the play started.. Some of the playcalls in those situations were ridiculous.

Yup and unfortunately this won’t be the last time the Titans are gonna be put in critical 4th down situations. Vrabel gonna continue to go full rogue and roll the dice.
I hope Succop returns strong so Vrabel has more reason to kick FGs inside the 50.

Vrabel is lucky his punter wasn't hurt and that the refs screwed the Bucs because it was a scoop and score.

Gambling is not the problem. It's Vrabel's complete disregard for the math behind when you should gamble. He's suggested he goes by feel, which is stupid.

I agree. He runs the ST's like a DC would. It seems now like he is committed to being aggressive on EVERY opportunity just to prove it CAN work out.

Reminds of a guy who lucks into hitting a driver on the fairway and connects for a good shot one time. Thinks thats the club he should hit every time and then thinks the next 15 times the ball is lost is just bad fortune.

Decision was turrible.

Parkey was playing well, so let’s not kick the FG ... yet when santos isn’t playing well, we attempt ******* FGs. Vrabel has no feel for the game or what is working in critical situations,

And the play call is even more egregious than the decision to go for it ... I would probably be OK going for it and missing if we just put our O out there and ran a normal play.

You don’t give it to your GD punter to pick up 2 yards in a critical situation.

We are lucky they called Kern down. If not that is probably a fumble and returned a long way. Thankfully the D bailed us out there at the end again.
If we kick a FG, we'd only be up by 7. The Bucs were gunning for a TD down 4 or down 7. The decision to attempt the 4th down wasnt a problem to me. The playcall was ridiculous tho. Asking your least athletic player to go make an athletic play... Not smart

If we kick a FG, we'd only be up by 7. The Bucs were gunning for a TD down 4 or down 7. The decision to attempt the 4th down wasnt a problem to me. The playcall was ridiculous tho. Asking your least athletic player to go make an athletic play... Not smart
Wait he brought in mariota??

Thing that bothers more than the dumb call was how Vrabel was rationalizing it was OK. "We made 150 calls that worked out. This one didn't......"

That is worrisome.

Thing that bothers more than the dumb call was how Vrabel was rationalizing it was OK. "We made 150 calls that worked out. This one didn't......"

That is worrisome.
Yea not recognizing the flaws in your mistakes is concerning. Vrabel proving to be the classic tough football guy who knows better than all.

Up by 7 and Bucs score, it’s a tie and we can still win ... up by 4 and Bucs score we lose by 3.

I know the math is complicated, but I am confident you can figure it out

Caption this

Kern holding that football like its a 2-liter of Pepsi

USATSI_13580223-1024x748.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Up by 7 and Bucs score, it’s a tie and we can still win ... up by 4 and Bucs score we lose by 3.

I know the math is complicated, but I am confident you can figure it out
and if they went for 2 after scoring?

Going for it was the right idea, asking a punter to outrun 237lb LB's was the mistake....

Assuming our THIRD kicker makes it.

People... field goals aren't a guarantee.
even if he makes it, then what.

Bucs still shooting for a TD and points after to win/tie... If we convert and score 6 games over...

The way the Bucs were able to move the ball thru the air didnt make me feel good about our chances in OT.

Bucs still shooting for a TD and points after to win/tie... If we convert and score 6 games over...

The way the Bucs were able to move the ball thru the air didnt make me feel good about our chances in OT.
If he makes it, then we are up by 7. Even if the Bucs go down and score and get a 2-point conversion, we have time to get in field goal range and try a stupid fake field goal with our punter to lose the game in true Vrabel fashion. Either way, Vrabel wins in his own mind.

Um, I was fine with going for it...

Can we create a thread with his dumb decisions alone?

With video links, maybe? I feel it'll be a weekly hit and always relevant.

But he does this so much, it's easy to forget some of the decisions. Especially when we win in spite of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back