Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

There's a word called "Hiraeth", originating from Wales if I remember correctly. It means homesickness for a place that doesn't exist, or one can never be returned to.

I will miss this place greatly ...

Respectfully
Afc46

I stumbled upon GoTits by accident. Lurked for years before joining and posting. This site is the place for Tits news and a close second doesn’t exist. The members here share an incredible knowledge of everything Titans! Thank you @TitanJeff! Enjoy the rest of retirement!

Well damn. Looking at my profile, I've been here since 2012. It's a daily visit for me to read up on the latest Titans news. I'll miss that. Good luck in retirement, but I'm really hoping you find someone to take over as GoTitans Commissioner and we keep this going. Cheers!

Bummer, been coming here forever it seems (2006). I don't post much, but I do enjoy the fan perspective. Good luck in the future Jeff.

gave up psl's a few years ago... enjoyed games by watching live and sh*t talking here during and after game... will not be the same without sharing that mostly hurt with others - LOL

When this place gets made into a movie I request to be played by Peter Dinklage

I also think these might be a match:
Sam Elliott as TJ (obviously)
DW as themselves
Kathy Bates as GoT
Geoffrey Giraffe as 8and8
Dillon Radunz as 520
Joey Swoll as JCB
a literal pile of dust as Big TT
Carrot Top as Thaddeus
Jim Breuer as Hormesis
Joe Exotic as XO
I’m not quite old enough yet, but we need to do AI or cloning to bring back Wilmford Brimley for my role when the time is right.

If anyone takes it on and wants to charge something nominal such as $30 a year I believe there would be a group of us that would stay for such a rate. I believe this to be one of the two best sports message boards I am on and the other one I pay a fee to avoid advertising and help the owner of the site out. He has three levels, free with advertising, and two different levels of contributions.

Well damn. Looking at my profile, I've been here since 2012. It's a daily visit for me to read up on the latest Titans news. I'll miss that. Good luck in retirement, but I'm really hoping you find someone to take over as GoTitans Commissioner and we keep this going. Cheers!
For real. It's actually kind of shameful to think about how often I visit this site. Multiple times a day for me, especially in the offseason. Even when I know that there probably isn't anything new, I'm still checking in. Then I get semi-bummed when there's nothing.

What the heck am I supposed to do now at work? ...work?!

If anyone takes it on and wants to charge something nominal such as $30 a year I believe there would be a group of us that would stay for such a rate. I believe this to be one of the two best sports message boards I am on and the other one I pay a fee to avoid advertising and help the owner of the site out. He has three levels, free with advertising, and two different levels of contributions.
The problem isn't so much paying to keep the server running. Its paying Mike to do all of behind the scenes IT work on it.

Guido, meet TJ down behind the dumpsters on fifth street. Hand him the brown paper bag shaped like a brick and tell him it’s for little Mike from IT. He’ll know what to do.

I haven't really been around the last few years, mostly because I just don't have the same passion for the team or football in general anymore. Still sorry to hear gotitans is going away. I love forums and hate that there's so few left thriving. I always thought forums were the perfect balance of community while retaining some level of anonymity.

Anyway, met a lot of great people (and a few not so great lol) here over the years. And I definitely had a ton of fun on here back in the heyday. So props to TJ and everyone else making it happen over the years.

Enjoy retirement, Big Kahuna.

gave up psl's a few years ago... enjoyed games by watching live and sh*t talking here during and after game... will not be the same without sharing that mostly hurt with others - LOL
who will i DM my trump memes to now? you will be lost without me, admit it

Coming up on 10 years for me. It's more like 16 if you count all the years I read the content without registering. This forum has been a daily ritual for me for years. I will miss it. Congrats to TJ!

I was on the message board at titans online before it shut down and I found this amazing place. I finally signed on in 2005. I have learned a lot from a lot of you and I will certainly miss gotitans.com I doubt there were 10 days in that time I didn’t check in at least for a few minutes
I think Jeff has spoiled us as far as an excellent message board

I've been a die hard Titans fan ever since Eddie was on the cover of Madden 2001. My dad bought it for us with our first PS2. I knew almost nothing about American Football before that and jumped on the post-Superbowl Titans hype (50/50 chance I could be a Rams fan instead... oh what an unfortunate fate). Anyway... I'm a Titan through good and bad and have not looked back.

That said, although I've been to Nashville twice, I have yet to see the Titans at home. I'm seeing a lot of talk about tailgating. Titan Jeff, and all others getting rid of your tickets, are you planning on attending any games this year? This may be the push I need to go check out LP/Nissan Stadium finally. Would love to drink a beer with someone of you knuckleheads in person if given the chance.

I'd 100% be in for that!
The problem isn't so much paying to keep the server running. Its paying Mike to do all of behind the scenes IT work on it.
How much annually? We could at least ask.

Latest posts

Back