Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the problems this team has as far as holes to fill, and a tight @$$ owner who wont fill some through free agency we have to rely on draft picks only which we have to many holes for...no one suitable to run the defense, and the division that we are in...i just cant see it from where we are this year to playoffs next year...
49ers

i see you point...but your telling me that if we slide in to the playoffs by winning our last game and then lose first round, you still wont want munch gone?
If we make the playoffs then I think Munch deserves to finish out the final year of his deal. I'd be fine with a first round bounce given our recent history. As I've said before, I'm not expecting miracles from Munch and never was. I'm simply expecting a competitive team heading in the right direction.

i hope for superbowl every year but with how this organization has been ran in the recent years....im even losing hope in it...and ive been a fan for 15+ years now

i see you point...but your telling me that if we slide in to the playoffs by winning our last game and then lose first round, you still wont want munch gone?

I get what you're saying but unless we have some significant improvement in our D (and O) this team isn't getting into the playoffs. Munch had zero HC experience and now he'll have 2 years under his belt. He was clue-less inexperienced but the addition of a friendly face with loads of experience (DC,HC, super bowl) it's not unreasonable to entertain the idea that we could see a dramatic improvement.

Titans + Gregg Williams >> Titans as is. And all indicators are that Gray stays as DC and Loggains is what we're getting for OC. We'd definitely be better off for next year.

I don't think any fan would put their dislike and the removal of Munchak as a higher priority than seeing the franchise win and be competitive. Just making the playoffs would indicate to me that Munchak is capable of learning to be a HC. I'd have to give him credit for the improvement and extrapolate his HC abilities would continue to improve with each subsequent year. A one and done playoff year still is a marked improvement. We'd have to have a few quality wins to make the playoffs.

I WANT Munchak to prove himself to the fans. I want him to win and make the playoffs. I want to give him credit when he deserves it. Bringing in Wililams would demonstrate to me that he WANTS to win bad and recognizes the value of bringing in an EXPERIENCED coach. It would demonstrate to me that Munchak realizes it is insane to continue to do the same thing and expect different results.

Helll- I'll go as far to say to if they hire Williams, I'll re-up my season tix. And I've never been more confident about dumping my season tix until this past chit-pile of a season.

are you saying look at what the 49ers did? look at their drafts before they did that....better yet answer me one thing. who is the leader of our defense?
Look at their teams record for 2009 and 2010. Maybe our last two drafts will do for us what the 9ers draft did for them. Just shows you how big of a difference a head coach can make right? Oh and if you didn't know it doesn't matter how much talent you have if it isn't utilized correctly.

Why are people ok with us "sneaking" into the playoffs should that EVER happen under Munch? What's the point in that? Being minimally better than the weakest teams in the conference? To go 1 and done and fool yourselves into thinking we can compete?

8-8 and playoffs is pretty sad, 7-9 would be a joke.
Fine call it something else, playoff birth is a playoff birth.

Look at their teams record for 2009 and 2010. Maybe our last two drafts will do for us what the 9ers draft did for them. Just shows you how big of a difference a head coach can make right? Oh and if you didn't know it doesn't matter how much talent you have if it isn't utilized correctly.

oh i know i saw it first hand with fisher and moss....and look at our with fisher and munch...im just saying unless i see some changes through FA and some players we draft that can actually come in and start as opposed to being our usual project, mix that with our coaching debacle i wont see the playoffs for us this year...

I don't think any fan would put their dislike and the removal of Munchak as a higher priority than seeing the franchise win and be competitive. Just making the playoffs would indicate to me that Munchak is capable of learning to be a HC. I'd have to give him credit for the improvement and extrapolate his HC abilities would continue to improve with each subsequent year. A one and done playoff year still is a marked improvement. We'd have to have a few quality wins to make the playoffs.

I WANT Munchak to prove himself to the fans. I want him to win and make the playoffs. I want to give him credit when he deserves it. Bringing in Wililams would demonstrate to me that he WANTS to win bad and recognizes the value of bringing in an EXPERIENCED coach. It would demonstrate to me that Munchak realizes it is insane to continue to do the same thing and expect different results.
Exactly. I think that's a point that some people around here miss. No one WANTS Munch to fail. And no one is irrationally "hating" on him. The simple fact is the guy has proven NOTHING. And I honestly can't think of one legitimate positive to take away from the 2012 season. Special teams and linebackers were very good and even won us a couple games but then he fired both of those coaches and kept the very bad ones LOL.

Bottom line is we underachieved big time. And when you look past the W/L column, it's clear to see that we were even WORSE than our record indicates.

All that said, I want Munch to succeed. I want him to evolve into a playoff caliber HC. Because, even though I do think he's in over his head, starting all over again only puts us behind even more. But if it's clear that Munch is never going to be that kind of coach then I'm fine with "starting over". And the sooner the better.

It is my opinion that it's already clear that Munch isn't going to be that kind of coach and we should move on. But Bud's given him another year so we might as well root for the guy to succeed.

Exactly. I think that's a point that some people around here miss. No one WANTS Munch to fail. And no one is irrationally "hating" on him. The simple fact is the guy has proven NOTHING. And I honestly can't think of one legitimate positive to take away from the 2012 season. Special teams and linebackers were very good and even won us a couple games but then he fired both of those coaches and kept the very bad ones LOL.

Bottom line is we underachieved big time. And when you look past the W/L column, it's clear to see that we were even WORSE than our record indicates.

All that said, I want Munch to succeed. I want him to evolve into a playoff caliber HC. Because, even though I do think he's in over his head, starting all over again only puts us behind even more. But if it's clear that Munch is never going to be that kind of coach then I'm fine with "starting over". And the sooner the better.

It is my opinion that it's already clear that Munch isn't going to be that kind of coach and we should move on. But Bud's given him another year so we might as well root for the guy to succeed.

Well said SawdustMan. :clap:

I'm basing my expectations for this team on the idea we don't have coaches, and the players will have to do everything for us to win.

Better tackling and better time of possession and we could be pretty good.

agreed. Gotta work on converting those onside kicks so the D never has too stink up the field. I mean it would still come down too a late FG anyways

I thought that at first but the addition of Williams as an assistant makes a lot of sense for all parties involved. Williams get an entry level job and his butt is on the line as well so he'll definitely be motivated to produce. Gray and Munchak's jobs also on the line- they need to produce and Williams provides familiarity with the Titans (which Munchak/Bud seem to require) and he provides great depth/breadth of experience in DC, HC and Super Bowl.

I get that fans are tired of "familiar" hires. But honestly in this situation, I don't think the Titans/Munchak are planning on hiring ANYBODY to replace Gray. The addition of GW as an assistant provides Munchak, Gray, and the players a highly motivated resource with great experience.

Didn't you specifically say one of the biggest problems with the Titans is they do the "same ole, same ole" over and over?

And if so, one of your solutions is to bring back a former coach? Isn't that doing the same ole same ole?

with the problems this team has as far as holes to fill, and a tight @$$ owner who wont fill some through free agency we have to rely on draft picks only which we have to many holes for...no one suitable to run the defense, and the division that we are in...i just cant see it from where we are this year to playoffs next year...

Care to try to back up that "tight ass owner" comment? Was he a tight ass owner when he offered Peyton more than any other team?

And I honestly can't think of one legitimate positive to take away from the 2012 season.

:rolleyes:

Really? Exaggerate much? You can't think of one single good thing about our team from the 2012 season? Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back