Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did this come up again?
10 years after the fact the first comment comes to light which of course leads to finding the other comments but always curious how this started and the timing.
The league has been investigating the WFT. His emails were sent to then Washington General Manager, Bruce Allen, over a series of years. I believe some of them were as recent as 2017 or 2018. He and Allen were big buddies and would say whatever they were thinking.

So basically, these were some emails sent over work email addresses that neither of them ever thought would get out. Which is why you should always assume that anything you send out at work will be read by someone else that wasn't the intended audience.

No way that is happening. Some of you just don’t get how toxic these racial comments are and in particular in the sporting world where the vast majority of the players are black. You can recover in this world from recruiting violations, drug and alcohol use, infidelity and many other things. But you can’t recover from and sort of racism or sexual assault/harassment issues. Not in major sport.

Yeah he is done for a while at least, if not forever. Nobody is going to touch him right now.

If that’s the case, isn’t there some existing amnesty where if something damning is found during an investigation of something else, that really can’t be pursued?

I don’t know the laws in and out but this doesn’t seem like a serious enough “crime” to pursue if found during the WFT investigation.

Amnesty from what? THis isnt a legal issue.

If thats the case give us, Gotitans, access to your personal correspondences. Got make sure the person calling someone else a racist bigot isn't a racist bigot. See were this leads to.
If I sent a bunch of people emails full of racist, bigoted garbage, I wouldn’t cry if somehow they got out there. Gruden ain’t crying, he resigned like a man. The only ones crying are the ones defending a racist bigot because they’re brainwashed into thinking everyone is out to get them.

There was no way he was going to survive this, but it is telling that a lot of the same people defending this and complaining about cancel culture, are ok with Kaepernick being out of the league because they disagree with his political views (because that wasnt cancel culture I guess?). Regardless, teams and the league in general arent going to employ a high profile coach with this type of history of racism, homophobia, and misogyny and it isnt really that difficult to understand why.
Exactly.

If thats the case give us, Gotitans, access to your personal correspondences. Got make sure the person calling someone else a racist bigot isn't a racist bigot. See were this leads to.
That’s exactly the hypocrisy of this cancel culture. Thank you for your comment. It restores some faith I’ve lost that freedom of speech and right to privacy should apply to all- even the politically incorrect.

That’s exactly the hypocrisy of this cancel culture. Thank you for your comment. It restores some faith I’ve lost that freedom of speech and right to privacy should apply to all- even the politically incorrect.

This isnt a violation of freedom of speech. There has never been a time in this country where people's words cant be held against them through public opinion or in a work place environment, never. Secondly, even though he wasnt in the NFL at the time, he was still working closely with the NFL and emailing people in the league, on their work emails. You most certainly dont have a right to privacy with your work, and he very well knew he was emailing a team presidents work email when sending these.

Losing a right to privacy is one of the first steps in censorship. Just food for thought.
Is this a joke? He sent emails out to numerous people. If he wanted something to be private, there are a hundred ways he could of kept his thoughts private. All I see here is a bunch of y’all searching for something else to be afraid of.

Is this a joke? He sent emails out to numerous people. If he wanted something to be private, there are a hundred ways he could of kept his thoughts private. All I see here is a bunch of y’all searching for something else to be afraid of.

Yep, if nothing else, his firing is justified because he is a stupid person.

If that’s the case, isn’t there some existing amnesty where if something damning is found during an investigation of something else, that really can’t be pursued?

I don’t know the laws in and out but this doesn’t seem like a serious enough “crime” to pursue if found during the WFT investigation.

Nope

Losing a right to privacy is one of the first steps in censorship. Just food for thought.

I dont know where you get this idea that you have a right to privacy with regards to emails. If you send an email, you should very well know that is is possible that other people, besides the person you sent it to, might possibly see that email. Especially if you send it to someones work email. There is literally an option to forward emails on every single email service. If this right to privacy existed like you seem to think, then wouldnt forwarding an email be illegal?

It's all because he called Goodell a fag, it became personal. The NFL was going to continue leaking emails until Gruden either quit or was fired. The media would continually harp on the Raiders organization as a whole and they'd be under immense scrutiny to do something about it. I'm not defending Gruden, but I'm sure plenty of coaches and NFL execs have said things just as bad.

He called Goodell a poosay, not a fag, I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back