Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league has been investigating the WFT. His emails were sent to then Washington General Manager, Bruce Allen, over a series of years. I believe some of them were as recent as 2017 or 2018. He and Allen were big buddies and would say whatever they were thinking.

So basically, these were some emails sent over work email addresses that neither of them ever thought would get out. Which is why you should always assume that anything you send out at work will be read by someone else that wasn't the intended audience.

Number 1 rule of work email: assume the whole world can and will see it

This isnt a violation of freedom of speech. There has never been a time in this country where people's words cant be held against them through public opinion or in a work place environment, never. Secondly, even though he wasnt in the NFL at the time, he was still working closely with the NFL and emailing people in the league, on their work emails. You most certainly dont have a right to privacy with your work, and he very well knew he was emailing a team presidents work email when sending these.

Is this a joke? He sent emails out to numerous people. If he wanted something to be private, there are a hundred ways he could of kept his thoughts private. All I see here is a bunch of y’all searching for something else to be afraid of.

Yep, if nothing else, his firing is justified because he is a stupid person.

I dont know where you get this idea that you have a right to privacy with regards to emails. If you send an email, you should very well know that is is possible that other people, besides the person you sent it to, might possibly see that email. Especially if you send it to someones work email. There is literally an option to forward emails on every single email service. If this right to privacy existed like you seem to think, then wouldnt forwarding an email be illegal?

Same difference, he was going to be fired.
View attachment 18772

That ship sailed a long time ago

It never existed in the first place. There has never been a time where private citizens were to say something to you, write you a letter, email, text, etc, that you had a legal obligation to never tell anyone else. That type of "privacy" protection only exists in very specific areas, but certainly not when a football broadcaster is emailing a team president who he doesnt even work for.

It never existed in the first place. There has never been a time where private citizens were to say something to you, write you a letter, email, text, etc, that you had a legal obligation to never tell anyone else. That type of "privacy" protection only exists in very specific areas, but certainly not when a football broadcaster is emailing a team president who he doesnt even work for.

Yep, work email is not private

Read your company's acceptable use policy. They have a right to look at your email. Every company does it.

Yep, work email is not private

Read your company's acceptable use policy. They have a right to look at your email. Every company does it.

Exactly, and if you are the person sending someone an email to their work email, that company is under no obligation to keep your email private, (unless it is protected type information like you are emailing a doctor or attorney or something along those lines) but the stuff Gruden was emailing certainly doesnt fit into any of those categories. He should have known other people could potentially read those emails.

Exactly, and if you are the person sending someone an email to their work email, that company is under no obligation to keep your email private, (unless it is protected type information like you are emailing a doctor or attorney or something along those lines) but the stuff Gruden was emailing certainly doesnt fit into any of those categories. He should have known other people could potentially read those emails.

Football coaches are arrogant

This isnt a violation of freedom of speech. There has never been a time in this country where people's words cant be held against them through public opinion or in a work place environment, never. Secondly, even though he wasnt in the NFL at the time, he was still working closely with the NFL and emailing people in the league, on their work emails. You most certainly dont have a right to privacy with your work, and he very well knew he was emailing a team presidents work email when sending these.

Sure. He “voluntarily” resigned. Go ahead and shape it as you see fit, you will anyway.

It’s coercion as a result of his expression in his email. Unless he signed a waiver or it was in his employment agreement his emails were subject to review, it can easily be argued (and awarded) it was an invasion of privacy.

Sure. He “voluntarily” resigned. Go ahead and shape it as you see fit, you will anyway.

It’s coercion as a result of his expression in his email. Unless he signed a waiver or it was in his employment agreement his emails were subject to review, it can easily be argued (and awarded) it was an invasion of privacy.

IT is rich you are saying I am the one shaping is as I see fit, especially since I never said he "voluntarily resigned", that is you just trying to put words in my mouth.

How is it coercion? He said stupid stuff and was held accountable for it, there is no coercion to that. LIke in many of these situations he was likely given the option to resign or be fired, that isnt coercion, it is actually more like doing someone a favor and letting them resign before they are fired.

There is no expectation of privacy when you send an email to someone else, absolutely none. You keep running with that angle, but that angle simply doesnt exist in reality. If you send someone an email, they are under no obligation to keep your email private. They can forward it, they can talk about it, they can do whatever they wish with it. If it is something you dont want other people to read, then you should probably just make a phone call. You dont seem to understand that freedom of speech doesnt mean freedom from consequences.

They can do whatever they want with it. The way corporate lawyers write Acceptable Use policies your emails are all company property.

View attachment 18774
ok... I will restate... to what purpose would ANY company legitimately have to release internal/proprietary information to any media.

serves zero legitimate business purpose

I agree stinking azz lawyers most likely cover companies for leaks from a legal angle BUT no reason anyone would/should expect Emails to be released to media

And I will grant media dont care about 99.9% of people .... UNTIL they do

ok... I will restate... to what purpose would ANY company legitimately have to release internal/proprietary information to any media.

serves zero legitimate business purpose

I agree stinking azz lawyers most likely cover companies for leaks from a legal angle BUT no reason anyone would/should expect Emails to be released to media

And I will grant media dont care about 99.9% of people .... UNTIL they do

That's fair

If thats the case give us, Gotitans, access to your personal correspondences. Got make sure the person calling someone else a racist bigot isn't a racist bigot. See were this leads to.
More importantly, everyone else gets to determine if there is any racism or bigotry. You do not get to explain yourself, add context, or even straight disagree. Once the mob has spoken, you lose.

Sure, if you live in fantasy land…statues of limitations don’t exist in the court of public opinion. And high profile jobs care a lot about that court.
What I referred to isn't statue of limitations, it's more in reference to what was being investigated, which Jon Gruden was not.

As more comes to light (note the additional stories regarding the Redskins cheerleaders and Gruden).

It is possible that Gruden was much more involved with the skins owner and potentially adding to the "culture".

If there is no evidence of that, then this is a separate case that was only discovered via accident. No different than police having a warrant to search a home for a possible weapon involved in a specific case, and discovering the owner didn't pay taxes and pursuing the taxes. My understanding is police cannot do this.

Oh, and public opinion is generally stupid and should have no bearing on legalities.

There was no way he was going to survive this, but it is telling that a lot of the same people defending this and complaining about cancel culture, are ok with Kaepernick being out of the league because they disagree with his political views (because that wasnt cancel culture I guess?). Regardless, teams and the league in general arent going to employ a high profile coach with this type of history of racism, homophobia, and misogyny and it isnt really that difficult to understand why.
Has there been proof Kaepernick isn't in the league for his political views?
I thought this WASN'T proven which is why the NFL never got in trouble for this and it turns out that CK's talent has much more to do with him not being in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back