Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amnesty from what? THis isnt a legal issue.
Pointed out in another post, but amnesty because he wasn't being investigated or part of the investigation.
More info continues to come out, and it seems he may very well be part of the investigation, which would change my comment.

They can do whatever they want with it. The way corporate lawyers write Acceptable Use policies your emails are all company property.

View attachment 18774

brilliant-guiness.gif

This isnt a violation of freedom of speech. There has never been a time in this country where people's words cant be held against them through public opinion or in a work place environment, never. Secondly, even though he wasnt in the NFL at the time, he was still working closely with the NFL and emailing people in the league, on their work emails. You most certainly dont have a right to privacy with your work, and he very well knew he was emailing a team presidents work email when sending these.
This is true if the company you work for has a policy stating it's against the rules of that business.
I'm sure the NFL DID have rules against this 10 years ago, what kind of monitoring of their own email content do they do? They only have more money than just about any other business in existence and I can assure you with 100% certainty, the Navy does a 1000x better monitoring. An email with these key words would have been found in hours, not 10+ years.

So is the NFL as a whole to blame for not catching this sooner? I mean, they kind of allowed the "culture" to continue from his comments for 10 years.

Has there been proof Kaepernick isn't in the league for his political views?
I thought this WASN'T proven which is why the NFL never got in trouble for this and it turns out that CK's talent has much more to do with him not being in the league.

ANd since winning the SB twenty years ago, Gruden's record is almost 20 games under .500 without a single playoff win, so maybe we can just go with he is out of the league because he is a terrible coach then.

ANd since winning the SB twenty years ago, Gruden's record is almost 20 games under .500 without a single playoff win, so maybe we can just go with he is out of the league because he is a terrible coach then.
ok. Dumb timing if that's the case. Raiders are 3-2 and very much in a playoff race to fire after 5 games, but I concur with the picture overall, he hasn't been good since leaving the booth.

Anybody have a reference that the emails were actually sent from ESPN's server? all I see is that he was employed as a ESPN MNF analyst at the time. Uh oh- wait a minute- I called Gruden an ANAL-YST. Oh sh!t- somebody might dig this up 10 years later and call me a homo-phobe misogynist.

Uhhhm. Please accept my most sincere apology. I never intended to offend anyone. I am deeply aware of how mistreated segments of our population have been mistreated and will revoke my statement(s) in whatever context they have portrayed.......

I never understood why they gave the guy $100M for 10 years. Crazy. FTR, I couldn't stand his QB room interviews either- I thought they hokey and staged.
agree on the QB interviews.

I honestly thought he was a better coach than reputation left him after winning his SB (i.e. Dungy's team, not his, despite playing against his team).
The Mack trade looked like it was going to be a good build up, until the draft. Then it just hasn't happened and he's looking worse every year to me.

They can do whatever they want with it. The way corporate lawyers write Acceptable Use policies your emails are all company property.

View attachment 18774
That just gave me a great idea to get around the salary cap. Have the players you want to extend over the cap call themselves artists, splatter paint on some canvas, then have private sells where the buyers cant be identified.

What I referred to isn't statue of limitations, it's more in reference to what was being investigated, which Jon Gruden was not.

As more comes to light (note the additional stories regarding the Redskins cheerleaders and Gruden).

It is possible that Gruden was much more involved with the skins owner and potentially adding to the "culture".

If there is no evidence of that, then this is a separate case that was only discovered via accident. No different than police having a warrant to search a home for a possible weapon involved in a specific case, and discovering the owner didn't pay taxes and pursuing the taxes. My understanding is police cannot do this.

Oh, and public opinion is generally stupid and should have no bearing on legalities.

This has nothing to do with legality. He wasn’t fired because he did something illegal. He did something that is seen by most of our society as unacceptable. And it is particularly problematic when you work for a league in which an extremely high percentage of the employees are black. So he lost his job. Him remaining the coach was simply untenable for the franchise specifically and the NFL in general.

And it doesn’t matter if he was the object of the investigation. The email became public and once it did, he was done for obvious reasons.

This has nothing to do with legality. He wasn’t fired because he did something illegal. He did something that is seen by most of our society as unacceptable. And it is particularly problematic when you work for a league in which an extremely high percentage of the employees are black. So he lost his job. Him remaining the coach was simply untenable for the franchise specifically and the NFL in general.

And it doesn’t matter if he was the object of the investigation. The email became public and once it did, he was done for obvious reasons.
You don’t see issue with this if he wasn’t part of the investigation at all and someone just happened upon some emails meant for only those in the To/From, from 10 years ago and getting fired (forced to resign) off public opinion of those contents?

Consider all possibilities here, who determines the “ist”? Not a fan of his actions at all and think he’s pretty stupid for using his work email in which he is expected to comply with user agreement. If this wasn’t found by the league’s own IT’s at some point recently after sending, then it just looks as if the NFL was fine with this up until the WFT investigation found it or they don’t enforce their own user agreement. So to me, gruden would be a symptom, not the disease and the NFL’s complicity is the bigger issue. That’s especially true since nothing illegal was done, just unfavorable jokes/ statements/ opinions, whatever you want to call them.

it does matter if he was specifically part of the investigation. That means he was a person of interest in the “culture” problem in Washington and with comments like this, could be considered a contributor to that culture. Just still not sure why it took the NFL 10 years to find their own emails failing to meet user agreements.

So the same public opinion that wants Gruden ousted (which he is) should also be clamoring for further NFL investigations to all 32 teams, league offices, and potentially shut them down for being complicit on the matter.

Don’t pick and choose, boycott the NFL until they make changes to stop hurtful (potentially) emails. Better monitor and record all locker room conversations too, have zero doubt that all kinds of inappropriate conversations that involve all the “ists” take place within the NFL’s place of business. And that’s currently, I can only imagine what was said back in the 60’s.

I’m glad you’re taking a stand to shut down the NFL. Good for you and good luck in your mission.

I hope gruden lawyers up like Scarlett Johansson did to disney

she was, at first, vilified by the woke mob... but she was right. disney broke their contract with her & I am sure the lawyers behind the actors guild made her sue. Sure enough disney caved like libtarded cuntsumps and announced all further releases will be in theatres

Johanssons contract said her black widow movie would receive, and I dont recall the exact wording, but a traditional theater release. disney released movie direct to streaming and crushed Johanssons portion of the contract... then tried to whip up the leftards into a mob because Johansson defended her contract with disney

Will be interesting to see how many millions Johansson gets from contract breaking woke disney

guess we will never know...
Scarlett Johansson and Disney Settle Lawsuit After Legal Battle Over BLACK WIDOW Release

Some of what I suggested but I think it’s a little bit of a stretch to think some negative comments from Gruden about Smith garnered a vote for Smith to stay. Either that, or how the voters decide who to vote for needs to be highly reconsidered,
Although I suppose we’ve reached a point where people vote for people not based on any positive they may do or merit, but because they’ve been picked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back