Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every 5 years an example by an NFL player has to happen to show what not to do as an NFL player. This is a prime example, along with Isiah Wilson. Ironically they both came out in the same draft as 1st rounders.

Ruggs was an idiot for doing what he did and he deserves the punishment that he gets. That being said if I was JRob I'd pick him up off the waiver wire. If Ruggs serves his time most likely 1-2 yrs unless he has other DUIs that we don't know about then their is no reason that he shouldn't be allowed to return to the NFL. I'd keep him on the non-football injury list until he is eligible to play. I really don't see the harm in doing that.

Ruggs was an idiot for doing what he did and he deserves the punishment that he gets. That being said if I was JRob I'd pick him up off the waiver wire. If Ruggs serves his time most likely 1-2 yrs unless he has other DUIs that we don't know about then their is no reason that he shouldn't be allowed to return to the NFL. I'd keep him on the non-football injury list until he is eligible to play. I really don't see the harm in doing that.
WTF?!?! His career is over. Go back and read the charge. It is not a simple DUI. He could get up to 20 years.

Doing that will bring bad publicity for the Titans and I'm sure no team wants that right now.

He's lucky to have survived that crash, especially driving a Chevy (which are made of paper). He should get life solely for driving a Chevy.

Isn't this exactly what Delanie Walker spent his free time trying to get through to players. Including the idea of each team having a chauffeur service?

He definitely deserves time behind bars for this.

What are you doing out at 3:40AM on a damn Tuesday?

i think we can expect to see more of this kind of thing coming out of the Raiders.

Early 20 year olds with more money than they've ever seen, going to Las Vegas? Strip joints, legal prostitution an hour away, illegal prostitution on the strip, gambling.. yeah i can see more issues showing up

they need a hardass in charge.. though they just fired one

its pretty real shytty to the dead persons family

Hope you never have a son or daughter, grandkid, or parent who is killed by a drunk driver. If you do, you will realize how asinine your post truly is. I would drop this team like a rock if they did something so cringeworthy.

What!? He killed a person because of his stupidity and selfishness...no way should the Titans or any team give him that opportunity....put yourself in the family of the woman he killed shoes, she's not coming back in 1-2 years

Absolutely not justifying this in any sort of way and obviously he could have used Uber...

... but the services provided by the team and the league are kind of bunk. They are supposed to be anonymous, but you hear all these stories about the team bringing it up against them at contract time. You want a long term deal, you were getting a DD on a Tuesday kind of thing. So the vets tell the rookies to not use those.

No. Simple as that.

Hope you never have a son or daughter, grandkid, or parent who is killed by a drunk driver. If you do, you will realize how asinine your post truly is. I would drop this team like a rock if they did something so cringeworthy.

I lost a first cousin who was killed by a drunk driver…it was devastating to the family…my son has my cousins name…Ruggs messed up big big time and he should pay the price…he will live with what he did for the rest of his life…I believe in forgiveness and think that after he does the time that he should be allowed to be a productive citizen.

I lost a first cousin who was killed by a drunk driver…it was devastating to the family…my son has my cousins name…Ruggs messed up big big time and he should pay the price…he will live with what he did for the rest of his life…I believe in forgiveness and think that after he does the time that he should be allowed to be a productive citizen.
While I disagree the titans should do anything with him, pending his prison sentence, he absolutely will get another shot in the NFL if he only a couple years removed or less.
NFL teams don’t care and for the most part, the fans don’t care as long as the player is productive. Some will talk like they care, but won’t really do anything about it either. note all the Steeler fans that “boycotted” after signing Vick. I’m sure those 4-5 fans have also come back since his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back