Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will believe it when I see it. Celebrities live life at a different standard than us regular people. Again, Donte Stallworth was convicted of intoxicated manslaughter and served like 30 days in jail.

He should go to prison for a long time but I won’t hold my breath.

I will believe it when I see it. Celebrities live life at a different standard than us regular people. Again, Donte Stallworth was convicted of intoxicated manslaughter and served like 30 days in jail.

Apparently this is the same judge who sent OJ to the can. So there is hope.

The gun part is usually towards the end of articles about this incident

Yeah I probably stopped reading before seeing it. But I would bet that charge gets dropped anyway. Again, not totally familiar with Nevada’s laws but I think that’s only a misdemeanor.

Yeah I probably stopped reading before seeing it. But I would bet that charge gets dropped anyway. Again, not totally familiar with Nevada’s laws but I think that’s only a misdemeanor.

The district attorney said he also might file a weapon charge against Ruggs related to possessing a gun while under the influence of alcohol.

was he firing a weapon while driving 156 ???

what connection does owning a pistol have to being drunk and wrecking

I mean just put him away for 7 years for manslaughter like everywhere else... an ACTUAL 7 years.

I dont see how the pistol changes things

The district attorney said he also might file a weapon charge against Ruggs related to possessing a gun while under the influence of alcohol.

Not that it really changes your point, but Stallworth took a plea.

like 20 years ago a lamb LB from Tennessee named Little killed someone in similar ( best I can remember) circumstances. He missed 8 games for killing someone - shameful to be honest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Little

Manslaughter conviction
After leaving a birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, Missouri who was on her way to pick up her son from a concert. When tested, his blood alcohol content was 0.19 percent, 0.11 points exceeding the legal limit of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received four years probation and was ordered to undergo a thousand hours of community service.[22]

On January 18, 2003, with charges dating back to 1999, Little was charged with communicating threats and making harassing calls, according to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police department. Little's attorney, Scott Rosenblum, said that the charges were filed after Little and his former girlfriend Michelle ended their relationship. Rosenblum added, "We don't think this case is going anywhere. It was groundless from the beginning".[23]

On April 24, 2004, he was arrested again for driving while intoxicated after being stopped by The Ladue Police Department for driving 78 miles per hour in a 55 mile-per-hour zone on Interstate 64. At the time, he had red eyes, smelled of alcohol, and failed three roadside sobriety tests. He later admitted that he drank alcohol to the police.[24] After being convicted of misdemeanor speeding but acquitted of DWI, Little received two years of probation on May 6, 2005, and was prohibited from drinking any sort of alcoholic beverage during his time of probation.[25]

True, but they had video of what happened. A plea seemed super unnecessary. But I guess that’s part of why celebrities are held to a different standard.

I don't think Stallworth was nearly as cut and dry. Guy runs out in front of him at like 7 something in the morning and he hits him. And it turns out he was legally drunk from the night before.

I bet a lot of people don't really think much about getting up and driving the next day.

I don't think Stallworth was nearly as cut and dry. Guy runs out in front of him at like 7 something in the morning and he hits him. And it turns out he was legally drunk from the night before.

I bet a lot of people don't really think much about getting up and driving the next day.

Im only comparing because he faced 2-20 years in prison as well. Not even close to that. He served 24 days in jail.

I’m not saying Ruggs situation is the exact same or that he will get the same sentencing. Just pointing out that athletes and celebrities 9/10 get off much easier than the general population does.

So the story seems to be he was out golfing and getting drunk. Watching that video, it doesn't seem like he was drunk.

Where did he go after golfing? Because he clearly wasn't golfing at around 3:40AM.

So the story seems to be he was out golfing and getting drunk. Watching that video, it doesn't seem like he was drunk.

Where did he go after golfing? Because he clearly wasn't golfing at around 3:40AM.
Unless it’s a driving range of some sort, I dont think anyone golfs at 3:40am. I’ll ballpark around the 8 hours prior too.

The last I heard of it, he was golfing drunk.

Henry Ruggs caught on camera partying at golf range hours before alleged drunk driving crash | Daily Mail Online

Had to have been some after party or something.
Without a doubt he was somewhere afterwards.
Let’s pretend he stopped drinking at the golf course at maybe even the latest point you could visibly still see, maybe like 8pm (VERY generous).
Can you imagine how much booze he would have had to down to still blow a .16 after 7+ hours (to the accident) + the time for police to arrive and record a breathalyzer, maybe up to another hour or so pending the emergency they tended to first?

It kind of kills me the media points to this golfing thing as if that really had anything to do with it. That’s just where he started drinking.

Without a doubt he was somewhere afterwards.
Let’s pretend he stopped drinking at the golf course at maybe even the latest point you could visibly still see, maybe like 8pm (VERY generous).
Can you imagine how much booze he would have had to down to still blow a .16 after 7+ hours (to the accident) + the time for police to arrive and record a breathalyzer, maybe up to another hour or so pending the emergency they tended to first?

It kind of kills me the media points to this golfing thing as if that really had anything to do with it. That’s just where he started drinking.

He was at Top Golf. They are open until at least midnight.

Yeah. It kills me that they are like, "Video discovered!1!1!1!1!1!!!!!1111" when he put the video on his social media.

Like a day later, Derrick Carr mentions top golf, then they check out his social media. Great detective work!

He was at Top Golf. They are open until at least midnight.
I forgot what that place was called but I know they’re open later.

Still fairly impressive to blow a .16 over 4 hours later IF he stopped drinking there at midnight which I don’t believe he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back