Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost a first cousin who was killed by a drunk driver…it was devastating to the family…my son has my cousins name…Ruggs messed up big big time and he should pay the price…he will live with what he did for the rest of his life…I believe in forgiveness and think that after he does the time that he should be allowed to be a productive citizen.
F him RITP

While I disagree the titans should do anything with him, pending his prison sentence, he absolutely will get another shot in the NFL if he only a couple years removed or less.
NFL teams don’t care and for the most part, the fans don’t care as long as the player is productive. Some will talk like they care, but won’t really do anything about it either. note all the Steeler fans that “boycotted” after signing Vick. I’m sure those 4-5 fans have also come back since his departure.
Ron Mexico was toxic in plenty of markets and he rightfully was subjected to verbal abuse for quite some time by the fans

maybe it's just me but if you take a life i think more than a DUI is appropriate

and definitely should do more than 1-2 years.. the victim loses more than that

Look up Donte Stallworth. He was charged with intoxicated manslaughter and I think he spent 30 days in jail. Was fined, and license revoked for life.

Absolutely not justifying this in any sort of way and obviously he could have used Uber...

... but the services provided by the team and the league are kind of bunk. They are supposed to be anonymous, but you hear all these stories about the team bringing it up against them at contract time. You want a long term deal, you were getting a DD on a Tuesday kind of thing. So the vets tell the rookies to not use those.

So pay for an Uber like the rest of us. He’s a millionaire after all.

I've always hated the 2-20 year type sentences. 2 years means more like 18 months + parole with good behavior. The victim loses their life, their family loses their loved one, and the guy gets 18 months in prison. It's just not enough.

I lost a first cousin who was killed by a drunk driver…it was devastating to the family…my son has my cousins name…Ruggs messed up big big time and he should pay the price…he will live with what he did for the rest of his life…I believe in forgiveness and think that after he does the time that he should be allowed to be a productive citizen.

I'm all for forgiveness but I believe in justice too.

You do not reward a man for making a stupid decision like this by giving him a job that he MAY be able to keep IF he's out of jail.

Getting him off waivers is absolutely not the move and it's silly to even think any team is going to pay the dude and wait and see if he gets jail time

Fuck Ruggs. dude is an idiot scumbag that cost an innocent person their life. He made that decision, and should absolutely have his life ruined over it. Hope that piece of shit is struggling to find a job flipping burgers whenever he gets out (which will likely be too soon).

And I say all of this as an Alabama fan.

**** Ruggs. dude is an idiot scumbag that cost an innocent person their life. He made that decision, and should absolutely have his life ruined over it. Hope that piece of **** is struggling to find a job flipping burgers whenever he gets out (which will likely be too soon).

And I say all of this as an Alabama fan.

She burned to death screaming

She burned to death screaming

Honestly, I can't even hope for him to have a harsher punishment than I already do. I honestly believe that he should pay the ultimate price for this, and that current laws do not dole out anywhere near enough punishment for driving under the influence.

As far as I'm concerned, if you get caught driving under the influence, your entire life should be ruined immediately with no recovery possible.

Honestly, I can't even hope for him to have a harsher punishment than I already do. I honestly believe that he should pay the ultimate price for this, and that current laws do not dole out anywhere near enough punishment for driving under the influence.

As far as I'm concerned, if you get caught driving under the influence, your entire life should be ruined immediately with no recovery possible.

He will be going to jail a long time. Probably not long enough, but enough to end his career.

was he firing a weapon while driving 156 ???

what connection does owning a pistol have to being drunk and wrecking

I mean just put him away for 7 years for manslaughter like everywhere else... an ACTUAL 7 years.

I dont see how the pistol changes things

I mean just put him away for 7 years for manslaughter like everywhere else... an ACTUAL 7 years.

Additional charge. He had a loaded gun in the car, while drunk

Yep that part should be totally irrelevant. I’m not 100% sure if gun laws in Nevada but in most states you don’t need to register, or have a license to own a pistol (unless you are conceal carrying). So just having one in your vehicle is not a crime.

Only way you wouldn't be allowed to have a pistol is if he was a convicted felon or couldn’t pass a background check.

Yep that part should be totally irrelevant. I’m not 100% sure if gun laws in Nevada but in most states you don’t need to register, or have a license to own a pistol (unless you are conceal carrying). So just having one in your vehicle is not a crime.

Only way you wouldn't be allowed to have a pistol is if he was a convicted felon or couldn’t pass a background check.

You can't be in possession of a loaded weapon while intoxicated. Which is the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back