Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, seeing AP in a Titans uni is going to be a bit strange.

If someone told you AP would be playing for the Titans in week 9 you would be like huh?

It was obvious Henry didn’t look like the same player when he came back in, but I chalked up to a mild sprain and he was trying to toughen it out at the time. I’d like to think Vrabel is a player’s coach and asked Henry if he wanted to continue and it was completely up to Henry to come back in, so I don’t want to blame the coaching staff yet.

With that being said, without Henry, but with a healthy Julio, we’re still a playoff team. At this point, we can only shut him down completely for the remainder of the season and just hope he’ll be ready by the playoffs without risking further damage to his foot.

My respect for Henry just went up even more. He probably was in a lot of pain, saw the team was down, and pretty much risked his career to try to help the team come back. Build this man a statue outside the stadium no matter what else happens in his career.

If we remember Henry hurt his foot early in the first half, and he played and finished the game! He is out of the Eddie George, Mac 9, Brett favre mold! He is tough as nails and in great shape I say he is back week 14 no later than week 15 and fresh and rested to finish the year and take us to the playoffs! And to the bowl!

We will rally around AP and play good football
I may be alone, but I bet the Titans win Sunday night.

DH22 is irreplaceable, and defensive schemes plan for him, but I’m hopeful the other players will step up and pick up the slack. Last time I checked, DH22 doesn’t play defense. What this D did to Mahomo was impressive, despite KCs struggles this season. They are still are the Chiefs and a week earlier they looked like the old Chiefs when they destroyed Washington in the second half.

My outlook against the Rams is not good BUT, after a week with a new RB and switching up some offensive schemes for THill, I still feel pretty good about the rest of the schedule.
It helps to have Jax, Hou x2 still on the schedule. 9 wins may still win division, but I think Tennessee, w/o Henry, can still win more.

ESPN has got to be one of the dumbest sports outlets. They as in Adam Shefter continue to report that Henry is done for the season. Where exactly are they getting this info from

ESPN has got to be one of the dumbest sports outlets. They as in Adam Shefter continue to report that Henry is done for the season. Where exactly are they getting this info from

Probably someone in the Titans locker room leaked something. Shefler is usually on point with his sources. I honestly, I'd expect Henry to be shut down for the regular season if the playoffs are a lock.

3rd and 3, a dump off to Henry, Henry has 70 yards of field ahead of him and 3 blockers in front of him... That feeling is amazing when you see that type of play unfold with Henry.. Gah I'm going to miss that.

3rd and 3, a dump off to Henry, Henry has 70 yards of field ahead of him and 3 blockers in front of him... That feeling is amazing when you see that type of play unfold with Henry.. Gah I'm going to miss that.
Screens are actually where McNichols has shown off whatever he brings to the table.

McNichols will be able to hit those outside runs a lot faster than Henry.
Yeah, no. I don’t think you actually understand Henry’s speed. Sure, McNichols will be able to go side to side faster than Henry, but that’s it. He can’t do anything else. Henry is able to hit another gear that other running backs can’t hit. McNichols outside run goes for 2 yards. Henry’s goes for 18.

Injury caused by overuse. Also, that part of the foot gets less blood which makes healing more difficult.

Jones fracture: Causes, symptoms, and treatment

@Riverman what do you think?

it is a form of a stress fracture so technically - yes from excessive force being placed. Not “overuse” perse meaning that it would have just as likely occurred with less carries of equal lateral force being placed. Henry is such a big powerful guy just placed disproportionate force for his foot bone structure.

he’d have had to taken MULTIPLE consecutive games off at the first sign of tenderness to allow the stressed portions of the bone to ossify fully.

it is a form of a stress fracture so technically - yes from excessive force being placed. Not “overuse” perse meaning that it would have just as likely occurred with less carries of equal lateral force being placed. Henry is such a big powerful guy just placed disproportionate force for his foot bone structure.

he’d have had to taken MULTIPLE consecutive games off at the first sign of tenderness to allow the stressed portions of the bone to ossify fully.

Yep. That's why the estimates that he may play in the playoffs are insane.

He may be off crutches walking around by then. No way he's making cuts at full speed at his size on a stress fracture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back