Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a form of a stress fracture so technically - yes from excessive force being placed. Not “overuse” perse meaning that it would have just as likely occurred with less carries of equal lateral force being placed. Henry is such a big powerful guy just placed disproportionate force for his foot bone structure.

he’d have had to taken MULTIPLE consecutive games off at the first sign of tenderness to allow the stressed portions of the bone to ossify fully.
To your point, X-ray of lady at Busch Gardens amusement park at 0-dark thirty, no trauma, pain for days to down…. positive base of 5th metatarsal fx. It’s not terrible based on degree. It is an attached point… reason why it breaks so to speak. Tendon to bone. Henry will be back, with better shoes. 6/10 weeks. Never good to have a foot injury, but if it’s a 5th vs cuneiform issues, be happy! Henry ain’t no Dudd! Oh, and btw, use terms such as outside for lateral. Never mind, any football guy on a fan sight understands. I’m always asked about such terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry should be held out for the season.

As just a few of the brighter minds noted above- this is now about the OL. Tanny is absolutely one of the top 3 QBs in league WHEN HE HAS TIME. He’s accurate and can make EVERY throw.

Studies show- Play action works no matter WHO the back is.

The loss of Henry will be felt, but honestly, if we lost Tanny instead the season would be over. It aint!

Yep. That's why the estimates that he may play in the playoffs are insane.

He may be off crutches walking around by then. No way he's making cuts at full speed at his size on a stress fracture.

He will have the stress point reinforced w/ screws +/- a pin/rod. And with his personality and work ethic, I estimate he will do EVERYTHING that is known to medicine to expedite his recovery. So he could be available for the playoffs.

The big question is just where he'll be when he comes back. Time off from the game week grind and then game day will allow a lot of healing to occur elsewhere as well. But he will suffer some conditioning loss and leg muscle atrophy due to not being able to bear weight for a while. He has the right personality to minimize that.

I think we will see him in the playoffs on a snap count. And if we can get our interior OL to create space, even at 75% he'll be effective.

Main thing we lose is that dependable short yardage and goaline guy. Getting a guy who can average 4 yards a carry might already be on the roster. A real key is getting Julio back so we have a one two punch and whoever is the RB won't be facing 8 and 9 man fronts. If we bring someone in it would be a bigger guy we can use in short yardage. Could also consider brining back Brian Hill or maybe TJ Yeldon. Neither are probably better than Sargent.

Main thing we lose is that dependable short yardage and goaline guy. Getting a guy who can average 4 yards a carry might already be on the roster. A real key is getting Julio back so we have a one two punch and whoever is the RB won't be facing 8 and 9 man fronts. If we bring someone in it would be a bigger guy we can use in short yardage. Could also consider brining back Brian Hill or maybe TJ Yeldon. Neither are probably better than Sargent.

You mean like Adrian Peterson Or D'omtae Foreman?

All this reminds me of my junior year in high school when playing in a basketball game for my school and coming down sideways on my foot from a rebound. My ankle was fine and I finished the game. But my foot after the game was awful and I couldn't walk on it for three days. Upon X-ray, it was determined I had a 3rd metatarsal stress fracture that was already healing. So this injury just aggravated it, but it wasn't the original injury. I don't remember doing anything to it but I'd had a minor occasional pain there in the middle of my foot from before the season. I finally reckoned that I likely did it running up the concrete stairs of Vanderbilt's Dudley Field stadium for pre-season conditioning.

It isn’t just about a 4 yard guy, Henry is a big part of the reason why we dominant the time of possession every game, and the main reason Tannehill gets the luxury of throwing into single coverages. Bringing in another guy that averages 4.3 yac doesn’t replace Henry.

It isn’t just about a 4 yard guy, Henry is a big part of the reason why we dominant the time of possession every game, and the main reason Tannehill gets the luxury of throwing into single coverages. Bringing in another guy that averages 4.3 yac doesn’t replace Henry.
Pretty obvious you don’t “replace” the best RB in the league, but it can be managed to some extent.

He will have the stress point reinforced w/ screws +/- a pin/rod. And with his personality and work ethic, I estimate he will do EVERYTHING that is known to medicine to expedite his recovery. So he could be available for the playoffs.

The big question is just where he'll be when he comes back. Time off from the game week grind and then game day will allow a lot of healing to occur elsewhere as well. But he will suffer some conditioning loss and leg muscle atrophy due to not being able to bear weight for a while. He has the right personality to minimize that.

I think we will see him in the playoffs on a snap count. And if we can get our interior OL to create space, even at 75% he'll be effective.

As for the atrophy, I have zero doubt he will find a way to work out. Pool work, band work, something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back