Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess some people aren't buying the premise that "normal use" for a pro athlete is "overuse" for the rest of us. Jones fracture, relatively uncommon in office workers, but pretty common for NFL players who "overuse" their feet, legs, etc...

So you feel 219 carries is overworked? His most carries were Week 2 where he had 35 and Week 4 he had 33...the rest of the games were a "normal" workload
Most backs don't even get 20 touches a game, henry was getting 30+ and lots of work in the passing game. They kept him in during the chiefs blow out. Kept him in while he was highly inefficient vs the Colts on a broken foot. Meanwhile McNichols our second leading back has 7 carries on the season. 7! Not even one per game. Regardless of if it contributed to his injury, the over reliance was on henry was stupid. If he wasn't in the game everyone knew we were passing the ball.

I don't think there is any question at all they were overworking Henry. More carries, more stress and more opportunity for injury. They take the opposite extreme with Julio who is sat down if he has a hang nail. Plus you have Henry's size and how hard he runs so all that stress is being transferred to his bones, joints and muscles. It was just a matter of time IMO. Plus if you stress those areas of your body and you are back at it the next week you don't have enough recovery time.

So while I'm a big believer in Vrabel as a HC he went full retard in Jeff Fisher style with Eddie when he had other options. Such as having Henry in the game but not necessarily getting the ball as much. On top of that they were trying to get Henry more involved in the passing game which he is capable of but that is just another touch and more stress.

I literally believe any RB should have a pitch count for every game and an effort made to keep him under it. Sure, in the playoffs all bets are off. But use your head. If you over run any machine it eventually breaks down.

if you get a DH22 for Christmas you open it up and play with it

zero reason to keep it in the box

having said that... smashing your DH22 into stacked boxes just to grind the clock is stupid. Its why you opened up your BU RB also

having said that... smashing your DH22 into stacked boxes just to grind the clock is stupid. Its why you opened up your BU RB also
Song goes all I want for Xmas is my 2 front teeth, every titans fan is all I want is no. 22.

I wonder if it would have made a difference in his recovery if Henry hadn't come back in the game.

There's no way anyone could have known it was a break if Henry wasn't in alot of pain or couldn't go...not enough factors to have it looked at further...going back in probably did cause more damage but no one's fault

Impending Stress fractures will show up as a “hot spot” on an XRay. But if Henry wasn’t complaining, there’s no reason do one.

Can’t say he was “overworked” if he didn’t complain. No doctor orders routine xRays to screen for impending asymptomatic fractures.

Impending Stress fractures will show up as a “hot spot” on an XRay. But if Henry wasn’t complaining, there’s no reason do one.

Can’t say he was “overworked” if he didn’t complain. No doctor orders routine xRays to screen for impending asymptomatic fractures.

I played on a 3rd metatarsal stress fracture for half a basketball season in high school before it was discovered when I aggravated it in a game. Before that it was a very mild pain that came and went. But it never broke and I finished the season on it.

Most backs don't even get 20 touches a game, henry was getting 30+ and lots of work in the passing game. They kept him in during the chiefs blow out. Kept him in while he was highly inefficient vs the Colts on a broken foot. Meanwhile McNichols our second leading back has 7 carries on the season. 7! Not even one per game. Regardless of if it contributed to his injury, the over reliance was on henry was stupid. If he wasn't in the game everyone knew we were passing the ball.

Stupid to utilize our best offensive player?

If we lost a game and Henry didn’t get 20 touches you’d be screaming for the OC to be fired. Can’t have it both ways.

If we lost a game and Henry didn’t get 20 touches you’d be screaming for the OC to be fired. Can’t have it both ways.
100% I would not be. Half of Henry's carries, probably more were against stacked boxes. That's stupid.

Weren't there alot of people complaining he was taken out in 3rd downs? We don't know all the details, Henry I'm assuming has no problem with his workload and I doubt he feels he was overloaded...great players want the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back