Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played on a 3rd metatarsal stress fracture for half a basketball season in high school before it was discovered when I aggravated it in a game. Before that it was a very mild pain that came and went. But it never broke and I finished the season on it.

That's pretty much the normal for a stress fracture. Most folks aren't really aware of the significance of that dull pain with pressure until it "pops". And even when it pops, it doesn't that bad until some swelling around the fracture develops as part of the repair process.

Henry was just being tough- which is his MO. Unfortunate because if he had rested it and/or changed his footwear, probably could have avoided the fracture.

Weren't there alot of people complaining he was taken out in 3rd downs? We don't know all the details, Henry I'm assuming has no problem with his workload and I doubt he feels he was overloaded...great players want the ball

Absolutely people were complaining about that. Sure we can go back and nitpick some opportunities he could have been taken out but it’s not like half his carries happened in blowout wins or something.

Teams are gonna stack the box when Henry is in the game. If you just choose not to run when that happens we’d never run the ball. Teams are still stacking the box now that he’s gone

Absolutely people were complaining about that. Sure we can go back and nitpick some opportunities he could have been taken out but it’s not like half his carries happened in blowout wins or something.

Teams are gonna stack the box when Henry is in the game. If you just choose not to run when that happens we’d never run the ball. Teams are still stacking the box now that he’s gone
the obvious punishment for stacking the box is PA

do that until the box aint stacked... and if that means a damn occasional 3 and out drive that only takes a minute off the clock then so be it... would rather that than those useless between the T plunges where the OL does jack shyt

2-0 with henry getting 0 carries lol but ok keep thinking the titans are a playoff team because 20 times a game henry runs into a wall of defenders lmao

We don’t win Seattle w/o Henry’s workload. Same with Indy the first time. Buffalo too.

Last edited by a moderator:
the obvious punishment for stacking the box is PA

do that until the box aint stacked... and if that means a damn occasional 3 and out drive that only takes a minute off the clock then so be it... would rather that than those useless between the T plunges where the OL does jack shyt

If only it were that simple.

It doesn’t matter how much PA the Titans run. Teams will stack the box with 22 back there. It will not change. Hell teams are still doing it with him out of the lineup.

I've never heard of a "workhorse back" complain about his carries, or a team not feed their best player the ball... especially at mid season. Henry's injury is unfortunate but we are continuing to roll on...it's not perfect but the last 6 games we are 6-0, scoring 25 + points in 5 of them... I'll take it.
Weather the storm until everyone is healthy, go into playoffs strong

I think people overrate the "stack the box" thing. What I think is more important is getting the defense "on their heels". Going to play action early and often should do that. You either fool them and get big plays or they adapt and then we can start getting our OL off the line and let our backs see some holes.

We need to be pleased with where the team is standings wise at least...lost Henry, no real RB threat has replaced him, no Julio for most games, AJ and Tannehill aren't playing like they should.

He threw two God awful picks yesterday. Not an inspiring example.

Tannehill looks at a stacked box the majority of the time, with most of his success coming off play action, but I'm sure that's a giant coincidence.

We'll see what he does with 40 year old AP or McNicholls back there. I think I know the answer but we'll all find out together.
@GoT @formerfinfan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back