Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL is locked into Brady vs Belicheat

You could see that with the Bucs OT win, Brady is amazing but the OT throw was a 5 yd throw, Perriman did the rest.

KC's turnound is second...if Henry comes back strong Titans will be 3rd

One thing I don’t understand is how they say 6-10 weeks for DH22s type of injury. The media was claiming he could come back in the earlier range. But then they say probably not until the playoffs which would be the latest range of the recovery. Week 6 would’ve been yesterday, 10 weeks is week 18, playoffs is either 11 weeks or 12 weeks with a bye.

I know we don’t want to rush him back but it would behoove the Titans to get him back even in a lesser capacity so he gets in shape and rolling before the playoffs. Thinking he will come back for one game in limited capacity and will be in mid season form in a single elimination game is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I don’t understand is how they say 6-10 weeks for DH22s type of injury, claim he could come back in the earlier range, yet then probably say not until the playoffs which would be the latest range of the recovery. Week 6 would’ve been yesterday, 10 weeks is week 18, playoffs is either 11 weeks or 12 weeks with a bye.

I know we don’t want to rush him back but it would behoove the Titans to get him back even in a lesser capacity so he gets in shape and rolling before the playoffs. Thinking he will come back for one game in limited capacity and will be in mid season form in a one game elimitation game is crazy.
Giving him 10 or so carries week 18 vs the Texans seems like a smart move.

Giving him 10 or so carries week 18 vs the Texans seems like a smart move.
It's not a hamstring or something that can get reinjured easily either, so I definitely agree that once he's healthy he should play immediately. It's just a pain tolerance concern once the bone is healed up.

If the goal is for him to be ready for the playoffs, then letting him play the last game or two would make a ton of sense so he can understand how his body is feeling, especially since it's unlikely we will get the bye week.

I struggle to imagine how a guy stays in football shape for 6-10 weeks when you can't put weight on your foot. It would be awesome if he returned to domination the first few games, but I'm skeptical if that's likely.

I struggle to imagine how a guy stays in football shape for 6-10 weeks when you can't put weight on your foot. It would be awesome if he returned to domination the first few games, but I'm skeptical if that's likely.
I would imagine it's how good of shape you are in pre-injury and how mentally prepared the athlete is...it being Henry I would think when he gets the green light he's going

I would imagine it's how good of shape you are in pre-injury and how mentally prepared the athlete is...it being Henry I would think when he gets the green light he's going
Knowing Henry, the coaching staff probably having to lock him out because he champing at the bit to play.

One thing I don’t understand is how they say 6-10 weeks for DH22s type of injury. The media was claiming he could come back in the earlier range. But then they say probably not until the playoffs which would be the latest range of the recovery. Week 6 would’ve been yesterday, 10 weeks is week 18, playoffs is either 11 weeks or 12 weeks with a bye.

I know we don’t want to rush him back but it would behoove the Titans to get him back even in a lesser capacity so he gets in shape and rolling before the playoffs. Thinking he will come back for one game in limited capacity and will be in mid season form in a single elimination game is crazy.

I did a bit of digging on this injury for NFL players. Players that come back before 10 weeks have a much higher rate of reinjury than those who wait the full 10. Waiting 10 seems like the right move for longevity.

Derrick Henry at 60-75% is better than anyone we have right now.

That's good information to hear what they actually did in the surgery.

The big takeaway for us here is that added the plate to the outside of the break in anticipation of heavy stress. That strongly suggests the want him back at work in the short term. This is in contrast to not putting the plate in and letting the bone fully heal on its own without stress over an additional period of months.

From this information, I'd say its a certainty he'll be ready for playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if they bring him back before in the last game on a snap count to get him back in contact mode. It would be safe to do so.

The big takeaway for us here is that added the plate to the outside of the break in anticipation of heavy stress. That strongly suggests the want him back at work in the short term. This is in contrast to not putting the plate in and letting the bone fully heal on its own without stress over an additional period of months.

From this information, I'd say its a certainty he'll be ready for playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if they bring him back before in the last game on a snap count to get him back in contact mode. It would be safe to do so.
Only thing here is a larger incision plus added gear could take a bit more time. I thought we were thinking of an embedded screw in the base of the 5th. I agree with your assessment though.

God i hope this is true

Didn't someone report week 18 as a return date? That'd be great. But hopefully we won't need him and can keep him out until the playoffs.

I am pretty sure week 18 will matter for either the one or two seed…so I doubt we take the week off and rest starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back