Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s out for the season, they won’t be rolling forward with those 3. Someone will be brought in.

Yep expect a trade. A big back who can eat up some carries. Jordan Howard(Eagles) has not been playing much recently. Mike Davis of the Falcons.

Sargent had a good camp and pre season. Perhaps he can be a diamond in the rough. Lot's of decent to good backs in this league who have not had much chance to play.

Mekhi Sargent Charges Through Slew of Defenders on Strong Run | Game Highlights

I am usually a glass half empty guy with this team ; but a positive spin is that maybe this even add's a year or so longer onto his career. He's been taking a pounding week after week (rarely ever missing games - isn't it 2 games missed prior to this new injury?).

And if the Titans can just stay afloat win about half their games and land the 4 seed ; maybe a rested Henry (not taking any hits) will be what this team needs for the playoffs. Not to mention he will be determined as ever now.

Selfishly this sucks - we may never see another 3 seasons like this in a row in our lifetimes. Last to do it was Walter Payton? So there you go ...

As bad as this is … maybe it’s an blessing. If this team can find an identity without Henry,
learning to win without him, and then he comes back for playoffs it will make them very very dangerous.

Call me crazy but I'd rather be down Henry for 6-10 weeks than Tanny.

We've seen how Henry plays with horrible QBs when defenses don't have to respect any pass whatsoever. Even in the first 6 games of 2019 Henry was pedestrian.

Tanny threw for 272, 3 TDs/0ints in that 2019 Saints game without Henry. I think I'd feel worse with Henry + Woodside, idk.

His season is done, try to preserve his career at least a bit

That's meaningless. Doctors will always take the side of caution, they have no interest in the football itself. We have a super bowl window that could be closed by next season. If Henry can play in the postseason, I'd be very disappointed if Vrabel shuts him down to "preserve" a soon to be 28 year old RB.

We just need to figure out a way to have a respectable running game until Henry possibly comes back. It’s not like we don’t have a lot of talent on offense. Henry as we all know can’t be replaced but to me there is no reason we shouldn’t still win our division

No. This is not an injury from overuse.

He broke a bone. If he blew out his hammy or something then yeah that’s a different conversation.

For one, you literally have no way of knowing when he broke his bone. We don't have that information yet. If it he didn't break on his last series of the day, then Vrabel kept running him out there with a broken foot, which only stood to make the injury worse.

Secondly, this is exactly why many of us have been saying that it's dumb to give him this many carries. It isn't just the overall toll of the carries that can affect him. It's also the fact that the more touches you have, the more opportunities you have for an fluke injury.

But hey, he's built different right?

I stand by my opinion of using him while we got him. We aren't 6-2 without using him like we did.

And personally I'd rather have the 2 2k seasons, I didn't have much faith this team could go deep in playoffs even with him so get records that last

Sure we would be. It doesn't take Henry getting 27+ carries to win a game. We have other RBs who are more than serviceable in the run game.

For one, you literally have no way of knowing when he broke his bone. We don't have that information yet. If it he didn't break on his last series of the day, then Vrabel kept running him out there with a broken foot, which only stood to make the injury worse.

Secondly, this is exactly why many of us have been saying that it's dumb to give him this many carries. It isn't just the overall toll of the carries that can affect him. It's also the fact that the more touches you have, the more opportunities you have for an fluke injury.

But hey, he's built different right?

There are 40,000 to 50,000 plays per NFL season. Multiple that by 22 per play and you are over a million chances of someone being injured during a play. And an average of just over 2 breaks of the 5th metatarsal per season since 2004.

The chance of Henry breaking it as a result of any additional play is miniscule.

I doubt any athlete that thrives on being a playmaker, leader, star or whatever would like to be taken out of a game to avoid injury...no one worth having anyway...they want the ball, to be in the game to be the guy

As much as we all hate this injury, I feel so bad for Henry as a person. He's a professional in every way that works so hard to be who he is on the field. Plays football the right way and no kind of premadonna traits. One player who deserves a ring.

As much as we all hate this injury, I feel so bad for Henry as a person. He's a professional in every way that works so hard to be who he is on the field. Plays football the right way and no kind of premadonna traits. One player who deserves a ring.
It is an understatement to say that is one man who took his career and team to heart and carried both on his back once he entered the league. I honestly think he was offended with where he was drafted and set out to make us all believers, and he did.

Wtf, I want the records, but I want 6-2, but we aren't winning with him anyway, so it's ok we work him like a mule until he breaks
It's more like, everyone else wants 6-2 but wants Henry on the bench..that doesn't happen.

And yeah I'd take records like 2 2k season or 3 rushing titles in a row even over a superbowl. A team wins the SB every year, a player doesn't put up those kind of seasons back to back to back.

It's more like, everyone else wants 6-2 but wants Henry on the bench..that doesn't happen.

And yeah I'd take records like 2 2k season or 3 rushing titles in a row even over a superbowl. A team wins the SB every year, a player doesn't put up those kind of seasons back to back to back.
I’m sure Henry would trade his rushing titles for a Super Bowl win! Probably much rather have Super Bowl MVP and a ring than the NFL rushing title again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back