Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I guess being over 10 ratings points below Firkser per PFF for run blocking means he is better. Right. Monkeys playing with knives in people's heads again Ertz was the 96th rated TE in run blocking. That is horrible. Now Firkser had the exact SAME run blocking rating as Kittle and was the 7th overall rated TE in the NFL. But hey, Firkser isn't good enough to be our starting TE? NO damn way we are going to trade draft picks and pay $8 mil a year for Ertz. You do know he is under contract with the Eagles... right? What Ertz wants doesn't really matter.
Careful, I said I thought Firkser was being short-changed as a blocker and got a 5000 word essay of criticism as a response.

It’s been said here before, but if Sherman would transition to safety he could really improve our defense. Not sure he would be willing to do it or that the Titans would be willing to try it.

It’s been said here before, but if Sherman would transition to safety he could really improve our defense. Not sure he would be willing to do it or that the Titans would be willing to try it.

No question Sherman has lost a step and isn't the dominant CB he used to be but in the right scheme he is still a better CB than he would be as a S. His market value is projected to be close to $10 mil which I doubt he can get but no team is going to pay him anything close to that to switch to S. Nobody even knows if he can play S at a high level.

Also noticed Brian Poole is available. Stocky at 5'10, 213. One of the better NBs and has a market value of around $4 mil. Still, we let King walk and he is only making $1 mil this year. Seems JRob isn't that concerned about how quickly Molden can step in.

Careful, I said I thought Firkser was being short-changed as a blocker and got a 5000 word essay of criticism as a response.

Sorry I misinterpreted your post where you said Ertz was definitely a better blocker even though the PFF ratings stated Ertz sucked as a blocker (10 points below Firkser) so I accidently interpreted that to mean you thought Firkser sucked. I'll try to improve my reading comprehension next time. :slap:

Sorry I misinterpreted your post where you said Ertz was definitely a better blocker even though the PFF ratings stated Ertz sucked as a blocker (10 points below Firkser) so I accidently interpreted that to mean you thought Firkser sucked. I'll try to improve my reading comprehension next time. :slap:
I never posted anything about Ertz. I just said Firkser was being short-changed as a blocker and with his work ethic and determination I wouldn’t dismiss it. But you da man anyway! It’s all good with me. The only thing I have no patience with is when some posters start the silly name calling, which you have not done.

I agree as long as we are healthy. It might be a rough start without Dupree and Farley though. Bringing in a vet Edge and/or CB could help that.
Once we have all hands on deck, the defense could be really good.
I read CB Stephen Nelson could be a FA add still

I guess we can fantasize about a vet CB that is good enough to be starting material, willing to come cheap and ride the bench just in case we have an injury but probably not going to happen.

Interesting that we were so tight against the CAP we let guys walk and while able to still get Julio by revamping Tannehill we probably don't have many good options to free a bunch more money. Then after using a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick at CB the last two years we still need desperate help? There are a few decent bodies out there we might get cheap on a one year deal but we are just going to have to stay with a guy like Borders (who is probably as good as anyone we can afford).

Fulton probably starts on the outside if Farley can't go and If Dupree is out we just need to use Weaver and we can slide Autry over as well. We probably use more 4 man fronts than 5 anyway. Plus we have Brown, Evans and Rice so one of those could play OLB. Not many stud edge guys out there looking for a place to play and certainly teams aren't looking to get rid of them.

I guess we can fantasize about a vet CB that is good enough to be starting material, willing to come cheap and ride the bench just in case we have an injury but probably not going to happen.

Interesting that we were so tight against the CAP we let guys walk and while able to still get Julio by revamping Tannehill we probably don't have many good options to free a bunch more money. Then after using a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick at CB the last two years we still need desperate help? There are a few decent bodies out there we might get cheap on a one year deal but we are just going to have to stay with a guy like Borders (who is probably as good as anyone we can afford).

Fulton probably starts on the outside if Farley can't go and If Dupree is out we just need to use Weaver and we can slide Autry over as well. We probably use more 4 man fronts than 5 anyway. Plus we have Brown, Evans and Rice so one of those could play OLB. Not many stud edge guys out there looking for a place to play and certainly teams aren't looking to get rid of them.
I read an article saying Roberson got bigger and faster this off season. Maybe he’ll get another chance if Dupree can’t go. Didn’t look like anything last year but did show up for the playoff run 2 years ago.

Just having Autrey will help over what we had last year and hopefully Simmons is a little better rushing the passer as well. Right now there is some uncertainty if Dupree will be ready for week one but it is still a possibility. Looking forward to seeing Roberson and Weaver this pre-season.

If you could tell me Farley and Dupree would be healthy to start the season, I’d say we are all set. As it stands, the defense is very concerning for the first third of the season.

I read an article saying Roberson got bigger and faster this off season. Maybe he’ll get another chance if Dupree can’t go. Didn’t look like anything last year but did show up for the playoff run 2 years ago.
He got bigger, but I doubt he got faster. Unless you are fat and drop weight, not much else is going to make you noticeably faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back