Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the one who said mahomes isn't elite. Not me. Clown
My bad, miss understood your sarcasm
No your overall minority only is with the other folks who believe THill is elite.

And yes, I stand by my statement, Brady and Rodgers are it currently. If Mahomes continues, he’s the next QB to reach the status in my eyes.

I’m afraid we are in for a team regression this upcoming season. The cap is gonna kick us in the shins. With all the elite talk thrown around about JR, I hope he can prove it and work some magic. But if we lose Schwartz to the Colts and lose Landry to whomever, and plan on Farley being a consistent starter, then I am afraid of defensive slippage. It appears Vrabel is content with the offensive coaching and system, we are stuck with T-head at QB, so hard to get the imagination pointed in the right direction.

Hard to believe we will be able to sustain success with no offenses changes and most likely a lesser roster next year due to the salary cap. It’s gonna hurt watching Landry sign elsewhere.
Yeah- I’m afraid it all or none this year with the FA moves and contract extensions we entered the past two years. Concerned the window has closed.

100000% chance Landry is franchise tagged.
That is a pretty high number though. Room has to be made somehow. JR will really need to be creative. I believe they will put more effort in to resigning Brown as our WR corp is…weak. I also believe JR thinks Weaver will slide in and replace Landry.

Yeah- I’m afraid it all or none this year with the FA moves and contract extensions we entered the past two years. Concerned the window has closed.

It may have.

It's going to be interesting to see if Tannehill plays to the level of 19-20, or was the regression this year a sign those two seasons were just a hot streak.

Do not forget that Vrabel runs the offense around Henry who suffered a major injury to his foot this season. I am very curious to see if Henry returns to near form, or does the injury begin a decline that has happened to so may good to great running backs after an injury.

Robinson has little to work with draft capital, and not much more when it comes to the salary cap.

That is a pretty high number though. Room has to be made somehow. JR will really need to be creative. I believe they will put more effort in to resigning Brown as our WR corp is…weak. I also believe JR thinks Weaver will slide in and replace Landry.

You can extend AJ and not affect his cap number next year. He’s already under contract for next season.

Weaver is coming off a major injury and very limited snaps. Very bold to assume he can step in a replace Landry who played damn near every down.

You can extend AJ and not affect his cap number next year. He’s already under contract for next season.

Weaver is coming off a major injury and very limited snaps. Very bold to assume he can step in a replace Landry who played damn near every down.
You do realize I said JR probably thinks Weaver can step in, not my hope or opinion. With the boatload of money paid to Dupree, he may well think we can get away with it.

To add to your point, Landy has played damn near every down since he became a Titan. Landry either gets franchised, or he will be signed. Vrabel praised the hell out of him in end of season presser.

I sur
To add to your point, Landy has played damn near every down since he became a Titan. Landry either gets franchised, or he will be signed. Vrabel praised the hell out of him in end of season presser.
I sure hope so, but I won’t feel relieved until the ink is dry on the contract.

You do realize I said JR probably thinks Weaver can step in, not my hope or opinion. With the boatload of money paid to Dupree, he may well think we can get away with it.

I didn’t say that was your opinion. A franchise tag is a 1 year deal. It does not hamper this team long term. Landry will be franchise tagged. Book it.

Yep. If weaver actually played a decent amount meaningful snaps and showed promise in the regular season then maybe… but Landry’s durability cannot be underestimated. I don’t think he’s a premier pass rusher but he is a very solid football player.

I didn’t say that was your opinion. A franchise tag is a 1 year deal. It does not hamper this team long term. Landry will be franchise tagged. Book it.
I know the franchise deal is for one year. It’s still a big number when we are already over the cap. A one year deal is also less flexible with with what can be done with bonus money.

I know the franchise deal is for one year. It’s still a big number when we are already over the cap. A one year deal is also less flexible with with what can be done with bonus money.

I’m just telling you what’s gonna happen. They aren’t going to let Landry walk for free.

Yep. If weaver actually played a decent amount meaningful snaps and showed promise in the regular season then maybe… but Landry’s durability cannot be underestimated. I don’t think he’s a premier pass rusher but he is a very solid football player.
He's not a big sack guy but he is among the league leaders in pressures since he's been around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back