Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get me wrong I think Landry is a very good player but he’s just not a game changing pass rusher, an elite pass rusher.

He fits well in our scheme and is reliable though.

Damn sure looked like he was heading for a defensive MVP award to start the season. Shot out of a cannon, but flamed out really quick mid season.

Damn sure looked like he was heading for a defensive MVP award to start the season. Shot out of a cannon, but flamed out really quick mid season.

We got hammered with injuries during that time. He has to carry the load. With weaver back next year hopefully we can add some depth too

Don’t get me wrong I think Landry is a very good player but he’s just not a game changing pass rusher, an elite pass rusher.

He fits well in our scheme and is reliable though.
My thoughts exactly. These players that light it up in their contract year makes me a little hesitant.

I would be nervous signing Landry to a big deal after only one really good year. He hasn’t exactly been a consistent sacks artist either. First year, 5.5 sacks, second year 9, last year 4.5.

He’s not a game wrecker, rarely creates a turnover. Did he even create a turnover this year? Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to keep him, he’s solid. But not worth top dollar if you ask me based on one 12 sack season.

My thoughts exactly. These players that light it up in their contract year makes me a little hesitant.

I would be nervous signing Landry to a big deal after only one really good year. He hasn’t exactly been a consistent sacks artist either. First year, 5.5 sacks, second year 9, last year 4.5.

He’s not a game wrecker, rarely creates a turnover. Did he even create a turnover this year? Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to keep him, he’s solid. But not worth top dollar if you ask me based on one 12 sack season.

And his sacks seem to be manufactured too. Like he isn’t just destroying the OT he’s lined up against. It’s a stunt or he’s playing ILB and blitzing etc or a coverage sack.

He would be tough to replace though.

Landry gets a ton of tackles. And even though his sacks have been up and down, his QB hurries and pressures and hits and win % has been pretty constant all 4 years. Most sacks are a product of coverage and/or pressure from multiple angles.

His dry spell aligned with losing Dupree and all our CB's, I think.

He's young, he wants to be here, and I think it is good for building a team to keep guys like that.

I think he is a must sign, even though I think his sacks go down next year as I think Dupree will ball out with a full off-season and more lower body strength in his 2nd year back from his ACL.

I would love to keep Landry, but I just don’t see how we can afford to do it with our current cap situation and the upcoming contracts of Brown and Simmons

I would sign Al Quaddin Muhammad away from the Colts and then have Weaver and draft another edge guy….those 3 would produce close to Landry and be much cheaper

I would love to keep Landry, but I just don’t see how we can afford to do it with our current cap situation and the upcoming contracts of Brown and Simmons

I would sign Al Quaddin Muhammad away from the Colts and then have Weaver and draft another edge guy….those 3 would produce close to Landry and be much cheaper

Muhammad would be great in practice as it only seems like he shows up against us every season.

Jury is still out on Weaver. Weaver comes off as a 4-3 DE to me. Seems more like a north and south runner, as opposed to a east to west.

Simmons under contract until 2024 and Brown 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back