Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariota also had 4 TDs in his first start. Lets not crown anyone the GOAT after a single game.
And people were putting a fork in Willis. Levis was simply an unknown.
i didnt crown anyone, this is an indictment of tanne
a ROOKIE came in and doubled his season production in a single game

and yet the old farts in here kept peddling "he's our best option" all season, even weeks into the season while he was doing absolutely awful

thank god he got hurt, (many) fans were clearly ok with the status quo

Yup big difference in throwing a 50 yard TD where the ball actually goes 50 yards and a 50 yard TD where the RB/WR goes for 50 yards on a 3 yard throw.

Totally different TD'S by Levis as opposed to Mariota.
Mary was fully capable of throwing 50 yds as is every other NFL Qb backup or otherwise. All can put it in the end zone from their own 45

While I understand your point and I’m not crowning him the Goat. Trying to compare Mariota and Levis is silly. It’s the way the TDs were thrown. Please tell me you can see the difference.
Yes Levis has a better arm than Mariota, but there is so much more to being a great QB. We will need to see more of Levis to know if he has that.

i didnt crown anyone, this is an indictment of tanne
a ROOKIE came in and doubled his season production in a single game

and yet the old farts in here kept peddling "he's our best option" all season, even weeks into the season while he was doing absolutely awful

thank god he got hurt, (many) fans were clearly ok with the status quo

So if Levis has 0TDs and 4INTs on Thursday, what then? What if he doesn't throw a TD in the next 3 games? It's 1 game, you can't know if it's a fluke or if he is capable of doing it week in and week out.
I have no problem letting Levis start again, but you simply cannot use 1 game as proof that it was a mistake by the coaching staff (as much as I dislike them) to not start him earlier. Unlike us, they get to see Levis perform at practice every day, and even Vrabel isn't that incompetent.

Yes Levis has a better arm than Mariota, but there is so much more to being a great QB. We will need to see more of Levis to know if he has that.

Of course. But if he had sucked you be here ready to cut him. Let’s stay consistent. He looked very good and very comfortable on Sunday.

You aren’t comparing the 2 are you ?

Levis minimal movement made the ol look much better

You mean normal step up or back or left to right movement in the pocket that good NFL QBs do ? Or that he has the arm ability to not need a 3 second windup to release the ball to a receiver while staring him down?

Tannehill is done and should be a backup the rest of his career. He has lost steps and his arm is trash.

Having a QB that can burn you deep keeps the defense honest. They can load up the DL and come after you play after play which overwhelms the OL. We got that after we replaced Mariota with THill. Now it’s time to replace THill. He doesn’t scare defenses.

You mean normal step up or back or left to right movement in the pocket that good NFL QBs do ? Or that he has the arm ability to not need a 3 second windup to release the ball to a receiver while staring him down?

Tannehill is done and should be a backup the rest of his career. He has lost steps and his arm is trash.

Having a QB that can burn you deep keeps the defense honest. They can load up the DL and come after you play after play which overwhelms the OL. We got that after we replaced Mariota with THill. Now it’s time to replace THill. He doesn’t scare defenses.
That shoulder fake that Levis has is pretty good as well.

yes... just moving around as opposed to not moving (T17) or squirreling (willis)

Mariota also had 4 TDs in his first start. Lets not crown anyone the GOAT after a single game.
And people were putting a fork in Willis. Levis was simply an unknown.
To be fair... that was due more to Wisenhunt's game planning than Mariota's skill.

Sunday was pretty much all Levis. Moreso, anyway.

I never crown a GOAT or demand a cut based on one game.

I also didn’t crown him goat. But his performance against the NFLs #3 defense on Sunday fills me with cautious optimism. But here is a silly thing. He is going against the NFLs 30th ranked defense tonite but people will put more emphasis into tonite than Sunday. If he balls out tonite the debate should end.

w5dwsiel4pb71.jpg

I think it’s time, THill should be a starter……..at WR.
Titans need a WR, THill could be healthy again and it wouldn’t take much to fill the void of Burks.

it also opens up gadget plays even though I hate them.

I think it’s time, THill should be a starter……..at WR.
Titans need a WR, THill could be healthy again and it wouldn’t take much to fill the void of Burks.

it also opens up gadget plays even though I hate them.

Giraffe neck can't even escape the pressure from a 300 lb NT. He definitely wouldn't be revelant as a WR either.

He just needs to be thankful he can hold a clipboard for millions. I envy his situation.

Remember like 3 weeks ago when it was all because of THill?
Couple folks felt pretty good about themselves because ATL didn’t play any D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back