Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all for blowing it up and trading everyone and just rebuild, but now that DHop showed he’s still that dude, Henry is averaging like 5.3 yards a carry his last 4 games, and Levis doubled Tannehill’s total touchdowns in one game and it’s nice to see a QB that can actually move around in the pocket… I’d say let’s keep the core and give it another run!
This should have always been the strategy.

even if “blowing it up” was the move, you can’t get rid of everyone. It creates more holes that need filled and gives a zero success rate to any young guys trying to improve.

Byard was not crtitical.
If Landry had a paycheck worth trading for. I’d be alright letting him go.
Outside of that, the core of the D is the front, so keep that and there is almost nothing else worth trading for outside Henry and Hopkins. Keep something in the cupboard as you rebuild the other holes all over.

This should have always been the strategy.

even if “blowing it up” was the move, you can’t get rid of everyone. It creates more holes that need filled and gives a zero success rate to any young guys trying to improve.

Byard was not crtitical.
If Landry had a paycheck worth trading for. I’d be alright letting him go.
Outside of that, the core of the D is the front, so keep that and there is almost nothing else worth trading for outside Henry and Hopkins. Keep something in the cupboard as you rebuild the other holes all over.

Trading Landry would be the same mistake we made with Conklin. Landry is an impact player just getting his speed back after the injury. You have him dinged to what will be a cheap deal as he mows moves into his prime. Autry is a guy we could move though

Trading Landry would be the same mistake we made with Conklin. Landry is an impact player just getting his speed back after the injury. You have him dinged to what will be a cheap deal as he mows moves into his prime. Autry is a guy we could move though
I disagree. I think autry has a higher value and while I agree the possibility of Landry returning to last year’s form can happen, the difference between him and Conklin is that the Titans seem to be pumping out a handful of edge pass rushers that are capable of playing unlike RT capable of playing.

I disagree. I think autry has a higher value and while I agree the possibility of Landry returning to last year’s form can happen, the difference between him and Conklin is that the Titans seem to be pumping out a handful of edge pass rushers that are capable of playing unlike RT capable of playing.

You realize Autry is 33 years old and Landry is only 27 right?

can't believe how many people were in here simping for tanne the last few months

our rookie that everyone already put a fork in just threw for more TDs than tanne had all damn season
Mariota also had 4 TDs in his first start. Lets not crown anyone the GOAT after a single game.
And people were putting a fork in Willis. Levis was simply an unknown.

You realize Autry is 33 years old and Landry is only 27 right?
Ok.
I see the impact on the field.
Age actually works out better if in rebuild mode. Autry will guaranteed be gone within a couple years for younger replacements.
Unless Landry is part of the future after rebuild.

Ok.
I see the impact on the field.
Age actually works out better if in rebuild mode. Autry will guaranteed be gone within a couple years for younger replacements.
Unless Landry is part of the future after rebuild.

Rebuild will be quick and maybe not necessary if Levis is for real

This made me think of a new slogan:
INTannehill we (don’t) trust.

I don’t see him getting dealt away before the trade deadline. He might be a major cap hit to us, and decidedly the backup the rest of the season, but there’s not enough trade value in him to eat his cap number and find another capable backup on the street.

I would be surprised if anyone is willing to take on Tannehill's contract at this point. With the way he has been playing and injured, it is a tough ask for any team. The most impressive thing for me was the way Levis avoided sacks. That has been my biggest concern if he is worth keeping, putting him behind our o-line is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, unless all we were looking for was a 12 pack of DIET RC COLA.... Clearly we hate DIET RC COLA.. lol

Mariota also had 4 TDs in his first start. Lets not crown anyone the GOAT after a single game.
And people were putting a fork in Willis. Levis was simply an unknown.

While I understand your point and I’m not crowning him the Goat. Trying to compare Mariota and Levis is silly. It’s the way the TDs were thrown. Please tell me you can see the difference.

Yup big difference in throwing a 50 yard TD where the ball actually goes 50 yards and a 50 yard TD where the RB/WR goes for 50 yards on a 3 yard throw.

Totally different TD'S by Levis as opposed to Mariota.

Since we kept Tannehill, I'm now under the impression that starting him over Levis is in fact tanking (not Malik tanking but moreso than playing Levis). ;)
prove-me-wrong-david-james-elliot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back