Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game. Remember Mary did the same thing.
While I think he over performed for what anyone could have imagined, he did show the signs of why he was a top QB target, strong arm, guts to throw deep, decent pocket awareness.
accuracy is supposed to be a concern, we’ll probably see it at some point. And I’m willing to bet we see a little over confidence in his arm strength at some point throwing into windows too small and get picked. That’s what you get with pretty much any gunslinger.

for the record, I’m all for it and willing to accept the struggles early that I anticipate we see, but hopefully we see growth even as soon as this year.

Mary threw TD passes of

52 yards ( 10 in the air)
12 yards
4.Yards
1.yard

It just wasn’t the same.

I am cautiously optimistic about Levis. Mariota never had the arm Levis has.
he has a much better arm than Mary; and i believe many are asking why the titans took so long to give this kid a shot? he clearly has the arm and the wheels that a healthy tanny does not. Also- ever notice the titans actually throw the ball and play to win at home but on the road turn to vanilla and are content to keep the score close and lose?

he has a much better arm than Mary; and i believe many are asking why the titans took so long to give this kid a shot? he clearly has the arm and the wheels that a healthy tanny does not. Also- ever notice the titans actually throw the ball and play to win at home but on the road turn to vanilla and are content to keep the score close and lose?
Big time question.
Even if not as starter, how did Willis earn the backup spot?
It was inevitable that THill was going to get hurt at some point considering the OL, even if improved (albeit only slightly) from last season.

my only real explanation is either Levis really struggled in camp, preseason, practices OR this could be some sort of Vrabel thing keeping Levis an entire unknown until time to play.

Vrabel said tany is the starter again if healthy. Ran needs to protect the organization and cut tany if this is truly Vrabel’s position.

Big time question.
Even if not as starter, how did Willis earn the backup spot?
It was inevitable that THill was going to get hurt at some point considering the OL, even if improved (albeit only slightly) from last season.

my only real explanation is either Levis really struggled in camp, preseason, practices OR this could be some sort of Vrabel thing keeping Levis an entire unknown until time to play.
I'm guessing it's because Levis isn't very accurate. Don't get me wrong, I love what I saw on Sunday, but when you go back and look, he was off on a lot of throws. I don't think the Falcons were prepared for the game plan with Levis and our receivers were WIDE open. On all of his deep passes (except for that beauty to NWI) he was slightly off target. If coverage had of been tighter, I don't think the outcome would have been as positive.

Regardless, it worked well on Sunday. I'm expecting a "back to earth" performance against the Steelers. But, I hope he keeps ballin'.

I'm guessing it's because Levis isn't very accurate. Don't get me wrong, I love what I saw on Sunday, but when you go back and look, he was off on a lot of throws. I don't think the Falcons were prepared for the game plan with Levis and our receivers were WIDE open. On all of his deep passes (except for that beauty to NWI) he was slightly off target. If coverage had of been tighter, I don't think the outcome would have been as positive.

Regardless, it worked well on Sunday. I'm expecting a "back to earth" performance against the Steelers. But, I hope he keeps ballin'.
I'd like to piggy back off of this and also say that we have to give Hopkins a lot of credit. The dude knows how to get open in the back half of a defense. Yes Levis made the throws but there is a reason 3 of those TD's went to the same guy. Like others, I am being cautiously optimistic. There were some careless throws by Levis in that game on Sunday as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again… you are over the top with your assessment. Vrabel isn’t going to play Tannehill just to spite fans and media. That’s ludicrous. He would do it because a lot of NFL HCs love veterans.
1 game 4 tds compared to 2 tds over 6 games, same weapons same offense. If Tanny gets the nod when healthy Vrabel should be fired period. Also a lot of people on here don't understand sarcasm, oh course Vrabel wouldn't start just to mess with media and fans, but he is arrogant and stupid. He straight up was gonna rotate QBs yesterday until Willis fumbles and the boo birds started.

There were some careless throws by Levis in that game on Sunday as well.
Would you classify them as careless or not being timid and reserved like we have from QBs in the past? I for one am glad to see we have a guy willing to take those chances and extend the top on the defense. If we are being honest and want Henry to stick around, Levis gives him that chance to be dominant as he ages.

If you have a QB that is willing to take those mid to deep shots and can have defenses play two deep safeties on 10/11 sets, that leaves a nice setup for Henry with a 6 or 7-man box. I like those chances.

Would you classify them as careless or not being timid and reserved like we have from QBs in the past? I for one am glad to see we have a guy willing to take those chances and extend the top on the defense. If we are being honest and want Henry to stick around, Levis gives him that chance to be dominant as he ages.

If you have a QB that is willing to take those mid to deep shots and can have defenses play two deep safeties on 10/11 sets, that leaves a nice setup for Henry with a 6 or 7-man box. I like those chances.
That's a fair question. And you make a good point of how that deep ball game opens up the field for henry to run. No denying it, it HELPS! But there were a couple of 3rd down passes where instead of throwing it out of bounds he did try to pressure it into coverage. That one to the left side (I forgot who the WR was) and ball went straight into the defenders gut but he dropped it, as an example. That looked more like a throw Tanne would make.

I'd say they were "inaccurate." I totally agree that the way Levis played yesterday demands you have a guy like Henry. I'm pretty sure that the offense we saw yesterday is exactly how Tim Kelley wants it to work. But, teams will get wise to it and Billy Jeans has to become more accurate.

That's a fair question. And you make a good point of how that deep ball game opens up the field for henry to run. No denying it, it HELPS! But there were a couple of 3rd down passes where instead of throwing it out of bounds he did try to pressure it into coverage. That one to the left side (I forgot who the WR was) and ball went straight into the defenders gut but he dropped it, as an example. That looked more like a throw Tanne would make.
That was to Chig, think he was trying to throw the ball into the dirt to avoid the sack on that play.

It’s going something like this….
Media: “Is Tannehill the starter this week, Coach?”
Vrabel: “He’s not going Thursday night, he has an arm.”
Media: “Who has an arm, coach, Levis? Because we saw it over the weekend.”
Vrabel: (mean squinty scowl) “…next question…”
At this point I'd rather Vrabel just go up the podium and pull a Marshawn Lynch during the media day before the Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back